• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man: Homecoming | Production Thread

spider-man-homecoming-logo-slice-600x200.jpg

Production status: Principal photography wrapped, post-production

Release Date:

July 7, 2017

Official Synopsis:

Young Peter Parker (Tom Holland) navigates his way through high school while fighting crime as Spider-Man.

Director:

Jon Watts

Cast:

spider-man_homecoming_the_breakfast_club.jpg

Tom Holland as Peter Parker / Spider-Man
Marisa Tomei as Aunt May
Robert Downey Jr as Tony Stark / Iron Man
Zendaya as Michelle (*UNCONFIRMED* possible spoiler
Mary-Jane Watson
)
Laura Harrier as Liz Allan
Angourie Rice as Betty Brandt
Tony Revolori as Flash Thompson
Jacob Batalon as Ned Leeds
Kenneth Choi as Principal Morita
Martin Starr as Mr. Harrington
Hannibal Buress as Coach Wilson
Tiffany Espensen as Cindy

with

Bokeem Woodbine as Herman Schultz / The Shocker
Michael Chernus as Phineas Mason / The Tinkerer
Michael Keaton as Adrian Toomes / The Vulture *UNCONFIRMED*

and...

Donald Glover
Abraham Attah
Michael Mando
Logan Marshall
Martha Kelly
Tyron Woodley
Tyne Daly
Garcelle Beauvais
Isabella Amara
Jorge Lendeborg Jr

Additional Notes:

-This is the first Spider-Man movie to take place within the Marvel Cinematic Universe
-Homecoming will not exist within continuity of any other Sony produced films, including the oft discussed potential Venom/Sinister Six flicks
-No further Spider-Man solo films have been confirmed, as of yet
-This will be the first Spider-Man film where the special effects for the character are not being produced by another company affiliated with Sony, the rights holder to Spider-Man. Industrial Light & Magic, which handles much of the special effects for the Marvel Cinematic Universe film series, will be producing the special effects.
-Director Jon Watts has revealed that Peter Parker will be aged around 15 years old at the time of the film

UPDATE: June 20, 2016

Filming has begun as of today, it seems

James Gunn made a nice post on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/jgunn/phot...48103536156/10153421038016157/?type=3&theater

James Gunn:

Many blessings today to the star of Spider-Man: Homecoming, Tom Holland, and the film's director, Jon Watts (standing in here for Jon is some dude that was passing by), as they begin their shoot in Atlanta just as we are ending ours. I don't think we could pass the Marvel baton to two nicer, better guys who care more about what they're doing. Kill it! — with Chris Pratt.

Collider has linked to some set photos from Twitter

http://collider.com/spider-man-homecoming-set-photos/

LET'S GO!!!

20160511-093916-3-1462983046916_640x360.gif

UPDATE 2: June 28, 2016

Costume photos are here!!!

http://www.looper.com/17116/exclusive-spider-man-homecoming-set-photos/

UPDATE 3: July 23, 2016

First concept art, Vulture confirmed

UPDATE 4: August 19, 2016

OK so a big update here, going to add in the stuff I'd consider major from the last couple months

First promo poster

We have a production cast call sheet which reveals some names and roles

The Homecoming Dance is called "Sky's The Limit"

Maybe Donald Glover plays Zendaya's older brother or something. Dude looks a bit too old to be hanging 21 Jump Street style opposite actual kids.

man this Peter giving me maguire vibes. Love how dorky he is.

edit: fuuck man hannibal buress and michael keaton. this is shaping up to be best mcu cast.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Already set photos? oh man the suit will leak soon it seems.

Platy

Maybe Donald Glover plays Zendaya's older brother or something. Dude looks a bit too old to be hanging 21 Jump Street style opposite actual kids.

There goes my hopes for Miles Morales in a ending hook for the sequel featuring spider-verse with Miles, Tobey and Garfield

neoanarch

Hannibal is in this? Wow. Wonder what characters him and Donald Glover are playing. Hopefully some villains. They'd make fantastic Superior Foes stand ins.

Mariolee

I wonder how long until we get a bad looking costume photo from the set and a bunch of overreactions

I would love if we had a bad looking costume as long as there is actually a physical one that isn't a CGI-fest like in Civil War. I loved the design, but it really would have helped if for one scene they had an actual physical suit.

I would love if we had a bad looking costume as long as there is actually a physical one that isn't a CGI-fest like in Civil War. I loved the design, but it really would have helped if for one scene they had an actual physical suit.

What? They had a physical suit.

Top Bottom