• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2017 Offseason: We're Not a Football School Anyway

El_Chino

3 LSU players in the 1st: Combined for somewhere between 12 and 15 losses during their time at LSU.

Winning ;)
foot·ball
ˈfo͝otˌbôl/
noun
a form of team game played in North America with an oval ball on a field marked out as a gridiron.

The Big 12 had one pick. Non-power conferences had 2 or 3. Lol

Also, Alabama holds its spot as NFL U, even though Reuben Foster apparently has the shoulders of John McCain.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Humphrey was the first Alabama player drafted?

I don't get it.

All I know is

1. nobody but the actual Alabama coaches know more about their players than Ozzie Newsome,
  2. he has a strong proclivity for drafting Alabama players, and
  3. they had needs at DE (Allen), LB (Foster), OL (Robinson), and CB (Humphrey)
...and he picked Humphrey.

cashman

Banned
Longhorns only had 1 draft pick in each of the last two years. It's possible that they could have 2 first rounders next year though.

El_Chino

The stadium is always a 50/50 split in fans. It's about as neutral of game as you could imagine.
Oh I know, I've been to the games but when I think of the word neutral I think of a place where neither side can benefit.
My Cowboys signed Austin Appleby. Do you think he has what it takes to start for us some day?

I'm guessing that guy is KD Cannon? That was surprising but he did at least get signed by the 49ers as an undrafted Free Agent
He could be the next Tony Romo. (in the sense they're both qbs who went undrafted and signed with Dallas)

El_Chino

Picks by conference:

SEC 53
ACC 43
Pac-12 36
Big Ten 35
AAC 15
Big 12 14
MAC 11
C-USA. 9
MWC 8
Sun Belt. 5
Independent 3
b0d0f34a5e4287df3eaa4a0160d9dc68.jpg

avoids eggs being thrown at me.

ag-my001

Still wish Ricky Seal Jones had come back for his senior year, but at least he got picked up as an UDFA. Got bit by the injury bug this past year. Not seeing anything on Speedy Noil yet, but considering how many times he got suspended for "violations" I'm not surprised.

If you were to subtract Alabama from SEC's total, the league would be down there with C-USA.

True story, I did the math.

I'm considering running some stat tests to see which teams can be considered outliers for either overproducing or underachieving based solely on draft picks. Completely useless analysis, so I expect to see it on some major website when done.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Still wish Ricky Seal Jones had come back for his senior year, but at least he got picked up as an UDFA. Got bit by the injury bug this past year. Not seeing anything on Speedy Noil yet, but considering how many times he got suspended for "violations" I'm not surprised.

I'm considering running some stat tests to see which teams can be considered outliers for either overproducing or underachieving based solely on draft picks. Completely useless analysis, so I expect to see it on some major website when done.

Pretty sure I already saw someone compile that data, at least on Alabama. I'll see if I can find it

NFLdrafttable.jpg

https://www.tidesports.com/alabama-players-draft-busts-not-numbers-tell-story/
Well, first round picks, anyway

So the 2018 mock drafts have Darnold as the #1 pick

Amazing how fast that kid's star has risen... hopefully he can keep it up this year with a likely worse line than last year

Kevtones

Uh, in the past 24 hours:

4* S Steve Stephens (under-armour AA)
4* RB Jamal Elliot
4* LB Adrian Jackson
4* CB Isaiah Bolden (FSU flip)
4* OL Dawson Jaramillo
3* TE Spencer Webb

All committed to Oregon. Nice haul early for the Taggart. Hoping this is a trend.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Patrick-Mahomes-and-Davis-Webb-of-Texas-Tech-warm-up-before-the-game-agaisnt-Baylor-Getty-Images-John-Weast.jpg

Both NFL draftees as of this weekend, Mahomes in the 1st and Webb in the 3rd.

Mayfield left the month before Mahomes got on campus but, assuming he gets drafted next year, we were less than 30 days from having 3 NFL QB draftees on the same roster.

Kevtones

Patrick-Mahomes-and-Davis-Webb-of-Texas-Tech-warm-up-before-the-game-agaisnt-Baylor-Getty-Images-John-Weast.jpg

Both NFL draftees as of this weekend, Mahomes in the 1st and Webb in the 3rd.

Mayfield left the month before Mahomes got on campus but, assuming he gets drafted next year, we were less than 30 days from having 3 NFL QB draftees on the same roster.

Reminds me if Manziel hadn't late flipped to A&M both he and Mariota would've been competing to be the backup to Darron Thomas in 2012.

Top Bottom