• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I'm going to put the rumors together to create a roster, from few sources. I recommend people to take it with a grain of salts.

Capcom
Ryu - Confirmed
Mega Man X - Confirmed
Morrigan - Confirmed
Hunter from Monster Hunter
Jedah
Leon Kennedy
Strider
Spencer
Captain Commendo
GnG Rep
Dante
Frank West

Marvel
Iron Man - Confirmed
Captain Marvel - Confirmed
Captain America - Confirmed
Rocket Racoon & Groot
Dr. Strange
Spider-Man
Venom
Dr. Octopus
Black Panther
Ms. Marvel
Songbird
Ant-Man

Disclaimer: The roster isn't complete so don't panic.

Super Skrull, Doctor Doom or/and Silver Surfer may be DLC so I'm not going to put them up on the list.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
check last page

I did. They mentioned the leaker was named Saikyo?

Eh but no matter, I read everything. Like I said it looks pretty impressive. Still leaning towards X-Men and F4 characters being excluded in the core roster. But we'll see if the plot thickens.

Songbird would be unexpected since she is a Marvel character that hasn't been in film. And Ms. Marvel as well, but she is heavily pushed by Marvel in general.

Great list but no Shuma-Gorath...

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I sincerely doubt Shuma will be coming back, even if Capcom begs Marvel for him. At this point, Dr. Strange has a lot more characters that got established towards the mainstream (him, Dormammu, Mordo, to a lesser extent Ancient One and Wong). Shuma-Gorath, while being a very interesting character, simply does not have the relevance to Marvel for them to sacrifice a slot that could be used for a character that is currently getting exposure through MCU or comics.
The independent comic issues that Shuma has been in can be counted on two hands, and the last one was ages ago. Furthermore, Capcom's depiction of Shuma in the MvC series is everything but faithful to the character, something that Marvel has become increasingly conscious about. Shuma is an eldritch abomination, not a silly tentacle monster striking poses and becoming a gameshow host.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I did. They mentioned the leaker was named Saikyo?

Eh but no matter, I read everything. Like I said it looks pretty impressive. Still leaning towards X-Men and F4 characters being excluded in the core roster. But we'll see if the plot thickens.

Songbird would be unexpected since she is a Marvel character that hasn't been in film. And Ms. Marvel as well, but she is heavily pushed by Marvel in general.

It's from RikuRikuMore. Apparently Saikyo think his source is legit. I guess we will have to wait for two months to see if the rumor is legit or not.

I don't believe that Songbird would make in but I have been rooting for her to be in the game ever since MVC3 so it would be crazy if she actually make in. I still hope She-Hulk would come back as well.

It's from RikuRikuMore. Apparently Saikyo think his source is legit. I guess we will have to wait for two months to see if the rumor is legit or not.

I don't believe that Songbird would make in but I have been rooting for her to be in the game ever since MVC3 so it would be crazy if she actually make in. I still hope She-Hulk would come back as well.

Thanks for that. And indeed would be great to have She-Hulk return.

Honestly, if there's an additional Spider-Man character, and some combination of:

Parker
Cap
IM
Hawkeye
Panther
Strange
Star-Lord
Ant-Man

(or Cage, Taskmaster, DD, X-23, Wasp, Widow, Kamala if they're in)

aren't Hsien Ko level trash, then I'll be pretty happy. They don't need to be S-tier, just viable and more importantly, fun.

I played Taskmaster for like 5 minutes during all of (u)MvC3 but I'm really invested in him coming back. Might be the pirate jig he does at his win pose.

--

Forgot this game was 2v2 for a second there. Makes things a little easier as to potentially finding a fun team.

Honestly, if there's an additional Spider-Man character, and some combination of:

Parker
Cap
IM
Hawkeye
Panther
Strange
Star-Lord
Ant-Man

(or Cage, Taskmaster, DD, X-23, Wasp, Widow, Kamala if they're in)

aren't Hsien Ko level trash, then I'll be pretty happy. They don't need to be S-tier, just viable and more importantly, fun.

I played Taskmaster for like 5 minutes during all of (u)MvC3 but I'm really invested in him coming back. Might be the pirate jig he does at his win pose.

--

Forgot this game was 2v2 for a second there. Makes things a little easier as to potentially finding a fun team.
If there are no assists, then every team is equally "fun".

JazzmanZ

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I sincerely doubt Shuma will be coming back, even if Capcom begs Marvel for him. At this point, Dr. Strange has a lot more characters that got established towards the mainstream (him, Dormammu, Mordo, to a lesser extent Ancient One and Wong). Shuma-Gorath, while being a very interesting character, simply does not have the relevance to Marvel for them to sacrifice a slot that could be used for a character that is currently getting exposure through MCU or comics.
The independent comic issues that Shuma has been in can be counted on two hands, and the last one was ages ago. Furthermore, Capcom's depiction of Shuma in the MvC series is everything but faithful to the character, something that Marvel has become increasingly conscious about. Shuma is an eldritch abomination, not a silly tentacle monster striking poses and becoming a gameshow host.

Please dont twist the knife I already have further in me about this realization :(

It will be there. That shouldn't even be a shock to anyone, honestly.

The entire roster won't be revealed at E3. But you're getting a good number of announcements, first gameplay of a match (and more), and an explanation of the combat systems.

You've singlehandedly restored my hype. Thank you so much.

eggandI

Banned
I'm going to put the rumors together to create a roster, from few sources. I recommend people to take it with a grain of salts.

Capcom
Ryu - Confirmed
Mega Man X - Confirmed
Morrigan - Confirmed
Jedah
Leon Kennedy
Strider
Spencer
Captain Commendo
GnG Rep
Dante
Frank West

Marvel
Iron Man - Confirmed
Rocket Racoon & Groot
Dr. Strange
Spider-Man
Venom
Dr. Octopus
Black Panther
Ms. Marvel
Songbird
Ant-Man

Super Skrull, Doctor Doom or/and Silver Surfer may be DLC so I'm not going to put them up on the list.

Assuming this is legit then I'm very satisfied with this (partial) roster. Black Panther and Commando alone would be enough for me lol.

Just want some concrete gameplay info now. I'm very interested in how the game has changed since it was revealed.

Sesha

Jedah and Songbird would be amazing. I could easily see Songbird being in the game. She's the kind of character Capcom devs would take to. Her design and powers easily translate to a video game.

J-Tier

That partial "leaked" roster is pretty damn good. If the full roster includes that, it would be a very impressive cast of characters.

Please dont twist the knife I already have further in me about this realization :(

I'm sorry. I love Shuma a lot too and think he's a super funny character in the MvC games, but he just doesn't belong anymore. :(

Jedah and Songbird would be amazing. I could easily see Songbird being in the game. She's the kind of character Capcom devs would take to. Her design and powers easily translate to a video game.

I agree, Songbird definitely has the capabilities to be a really interesting character. She can use her sonic constructs like as if she was Green Lantern, so she has a lot of potential. That said, she seems kinda left field compared to the others.

Sesha

I agree, Songbird definitely has the capabilities to be a really interesting character. She can use her sonic constructs like as if she was Green Lantern, so she has a lot of potential. That said, she seems kinda left field compared to the others.

Her being left field is why I think she has a chance. Capcom (and Marvel, I think. Correct me if I'm wrong) have stated that they like left field picks. I might be misremembering and this was solely in regards to SF5. But still, I think left field picks are considered necessary, and even expected, by Capcom. I think she placed high-ish on the MvC3 polls too. Besides, Marvel has been pushing her for a while. If Marvel is planning Thunderbolts for MCU phase 4 (which is very much possible, especially since James Gunn has shown an interest in it) then she'd be a shoe-in.

Whether in the base roster or as DLC, I think she's inevitable, same as Ms. Marvel.

LaNaranja

Capcom
Ryu - Confirmed
Mega Man X - Confirmed
Morrigan - Confirmed
Jedah
Leon Kennedy
Strider
Spencer
Captain Commendo
GnG Rep
Dante
Frank West

Marvel
Iron Man - Confirmed
Rocket Racoon & Groot
Dr. Strange
Spider-Man
Venom
Dr. Octopus
Black Panther
Ms. Marvel
Songbird
Ant-Man

The only thing missing from that roster is War Machine and then it would be the true successor to the original MvC. I always found it weird the hype that MvC2 had. When I was younger there was access to both machines but everyone would always play the original MvC. If you weren't playing KoF you were playing MvC.

It's a pretty good roster so far if true, though there goes any chance of Mysterio.

Let's be honest, out of all of Spidey's classic villains, Mysterio never had a good shot. It's gonna be one of the big 3 (Doc Ock, Green Goblin, Venom), or maybe a current movie villain (in this case Vulture). And even if we disregarded that, Mysterio, as cool as a villain he is... I don't think he would work well in a fighting game, especially if you already are very likely going to have Loki to contest the whole illusion and mirror image thing that Mysterio would have to have.

Harpoon

Let's be honest, out of all of Spidey's classic villains, Mysterio never had a good shot. It's gonna be one of the big 3 (Doc Ock, Green Goblin, Venom), or maybe a current movie villain (in this case Vulture). And even if we disregarded that, Mysterio, as cool as a villain he is... I don't think he would work well in a fighting game, especially if you already are very likely going to have Loki to contest the whole illusion and mirror image thing that Mysterio would have to have.

Shocker deserves to be in more than any other Spidey villain!

Shocker deserves to be in more than any other Spidey villain!

qI6vvHf.gif

kirblar

I think, like SFV, theyre well aware people can just play MvC3 if they want, so they want to avoid a massive amount of overlap w the cast.

Sesha

Lol, we're talking about Capcom. They'll take everything they can from MvC3.

Only half the roster of SFV are characters that previously appeared in SF4. Marvel has final say about their side, and there's a number of characters that weren't in MvC3 that they'll want represented. If X-Men and F4 characters are DLC then 1/4th of the vanilla MvC3 roster is already out.

Jawmuncher

Capcom
Ryu - Confirmed
Mega Man X - Confirmed
Morrigan - Confirmed
Jedah
Leon Kennedy
Strider
Spencer
Captain Commendo
GnG Rep
Dante
Frank West

Marvel
Iron Man - Confirmed
Rocket Racoon & Groot
Dr. Strange
Spider-Man
Venom
Dr. Octopus
Black Panther
Ms. Marvel
Songbird
Ant-Man

Talk about a boring list. The best thing on there is venom. I hope capcom and marvel have something better than this. Especially considering at best there's only 8 characters left.

I think the idea that it might be a smaller roster than MVC3 but have a lot of new characters that weren't in that holds some merit. They did it with SFV and with the recent rerelease of MVC3 on all systems I could see them doing it again.

The female representation is rather pathetic in that "leak" lmao

Yeah capcom has Morrigan and that's it. At this point of this was an actual list. The last few characters would need to be females on both sides so its not sausage party Infinite

Neoxon

Most "leaks" and roster predictions don't have She-Hulk and I hate that personally.
As mentioned before, She-Hulk is probably a lower priority for Marvel since she doesn't seem to have an MCU project (film or TV) in the pipeline. Though of course, she's a veteran from the MvC3 games, so I can't imagine her being hard to bring over.

Also, I see that you made F.A.N.G your avatar, again.

Just catching up with the new rumors.

As I've said before, it would be nice if Capcom/Marvel decide to add 2- 4 reps from X-Men/FF as a surprise in the base roster (given all the talk about the ban in the games)

At least this cand be of use until we get something new hahah

Neoxon

Talk about a boring list. The best thing on there is venom. I hope capcom and marvel have something better than this. Especially considering at best there's only 8 characters left.

I think the idea that it might be a smaller roster than MVC3 but have a lot of new characters that weren't in that holds some merit. They did it with SFV and with the recent rerelease of MVC3 on all systems I could see them doing it again.

Yeah capcom has Morrigan and that's it. At this point of this was an actual list. The last few characters would need to be females on both sides so its not sausage party Infinite
If the roster is indeed 32, I'd imagine that the last 4 characters on the Marvel side would be Thor, Hulk, Star-Lord, & Ultron. On the Capcom side, I would guess Asura, Chun-Li, Rashid, & Sigma.

Jawmuncher

If the roster is indeed 32, I'd imagine that the last 4 characters on the Marvel side would be Thor, Hulk, Star-Lord, & Ultron. On the Capcom side, I would guess Asura, Chun-Li, Rashid, & Sigma.

It's gonna need more diversity. If that's let's just say the final roster. There's a whole 4 female caharcters. That's even less than the standard 3 for 1 rule

Neoxon

It's gonna need more diversity. If that's let's just say the final roster. There's a whole 4 female caharcters
Thor, Hulk, & Ultron would probably make up 3/4 of the remaining Marvel characters (unless Ultron is only a boss), & I can't imagine that there would be only one playable GotG character given their popularity. And with Chun-Li being a given on the Capcom side (& assuming Sigma isn't only a boss), that doesn't leave the Capcom side with very many options. Hell, I could easily see it being Asura, Chun-Li, Wesker, & Sigma.

Either way you slice it, if this is accurate, there's only really room for one or two more females. And with Guardians likely getting a 2nd rep, that knocks the count down to 1 (unless Gamora is the 2nd GotG rep).

Top Bottom