• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

Neoxon

Well if you do go by the leak list, then you have two Marvel females that are very much unique, with Ms. Marvel and Songbird. Beyond that, Marvel has a lot of other potentially unique women that aren't tied back by licensing, but they get increasingly obscure. There's really no chance we'll see Ruby Thursday for instance, but she sure would be something else.
I'm referring to those not on the list. Of the prominent non-Wanda (;_;) MCU ladies not on the list, there's...
  • Black Widow (highly likely)
  • Gamora
  • Wasp
  • Medusa
  • Crystal
  • Nebula
  • Quake
  • Jessica Jones (bonus points for being the MCU's first leading lady)
  • Elektra
  • Sif
  • Valkyrie
  • Hela
  • Dagger (w/ Cloak)
  • Squirrel Girl
...& a bunch of others (like She-Hulk, who has yet to be announced for the MCU). But at the same time, there's also just as many guys who Marvel may be more likely to promote.

Skab

Wait. Back up a second. Work absolutely destroyed me and my free time this week and I appear to me missing something.

What leak?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Wait. Back up a second. Work absolutely destroyed me and my free time this week and I appear to me missing something.

What leak?

here

I'm going to put the rumors together to create a roster, from few sources. I recommend people to take it with a grain of salts.

Capcom
Ryu - Confirmed
Mega Man X - Confirmed
Morrigan - Confirmed
Hunter from Monster Hunter
Jedah
Leon Kennedy
Strider
Spencer
Captain Commendo
GnG Rep
Dante
Frank West

Marvel
Iron Man - Confirmed
Captain Marvel - Confirmed
Captain America - Confirmed
Rocket Racoon & Groot
Dr. Strange
Spider-Man
Venom
Dr. Octopus
Black Panther
Ms. Marvel
Songbird
Ant-Man

Disclaimer: The roster isn't complete so don't panic.

Super Skrull, Doctor Doom or/and Silver Surfer may be DLC so I'm not going to put them up on the list.

from https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/202465-marvel-vs-capcom-infinite/75254671

SaikyoBro

Thinking about characters who were in any combination of MvC2/MvC3/TvC potentially being cut makes me really sad, it feels like the equivalent of cutting a Smash character that's been around since Melee. I don't want to be as worried as I am about Viewtiful Joe and Felicia. :[

Neoxon

Thinking about characters who were in any combination of MvC2/MvC3/TvC potentially being cut makes me really sad, it feels like the equivalent of cutting a Smash character that's been around since Melee. I don't want to be as worried as I am about Viewtiful Joe and Felicia. :[
I kinda fear that Felicia may end up getting cut for esports reasons (unless they cover her up a little more), especially if Marvel & Capcom push this game as an esport like Capcom's doing with SFV.

Weiss

Banned

Felicia is absolutely cut.

I think Joe has a decent shot though. Between him, Ammy and Gene I think only one won't make it.

Now that we know that 32 isn't exactly the limit, here are my guesses for the remaining roster (if that leak is accurate).

MARVEL
  • Thor
  • Hulk
  • Star-Lord
  • Black Widow
  • Hawkeye
  • Thanos
  • Ultron
CAPCOM
  • Phoenix Wright
  • Chun-Li
  • Wesker
  • Asura
  • Rashid
  • Haggar
  • Sigma
This would put the base roster at 40.

Do we really need Rashid AND Chun Li? Couldn't one of them be replaced with someone else from a different franchise?
Black Widow would be a disappointment.

Weiss

Banned
Do we really need Rashid AND Chun Li? Couldn't one of them be replaced with someone else from a different franchise?

How the VS games have gone since TvC is that there's Ryu, Chun-Li, and someone from the latest game (Alex in TvC, C.Viper in MvC3, presumably Rashid in Infinite).

Plus you can't get rid of Chunners.

3981533-6503022817-39686.gif

Saki Omokane from Quiz Nanairo Dreams, Tessa from Red Earth/Warzard, Vanessa Z Schneider from P.N. 03, Kyoko Minazuki from Rival Schools, Luka from Lost Planet 1.
Do you even Capcom?

If Chun Li ever did get cut, which will probably never happen, it would open up the gate for Tong Pooh.

She'd be interesting as a female Capcom villain who actually could plausibly stand a chance against Marvel characters, and could use her plasma kicks and summon her sisters or use her sword from the recent game. But while she has a different fighting style, she probably can't get in while Chun Li's around since they look so similar.

Weiss

Banned
I'm not too confident of LeiLei/Hsien-ko's chances, either. Especially if Jedah gets in and Talbain is one of those other "top requested picks".

I really doubt Darkstalkers will get three reps this time without Nitsuma.

Jedah, or really anyone other than the cute monster girl squad, is an absolute shock. It blows me away that he's in.

Jawmuncher

Jedah, or really anyone other than the cute monster girl squad, is an absolute shock. It blows me away that he's in.

Well should be in. I'm not taking that list as 100% yet

Weiss

Banned
Well should be in. I'm not taking that list as 100% yet

It seems legit, though, and other leakers are verifying it. That said it does seem weird that such a safe list has an off the wall choice like the self mutilating vampire guy.

I still want Lord Raptor dammit.

TreIII

I'm a bit more hopeful. Again, we are talking about veteran devs who worked on older Vs. games being bought back on for Infinite, and someone obviously wanted to go through the trouble of making Bulletta/BB Hood and Anakaris work in MvC2 (when they could have easily chosen more Alpha characters, instead).

If they have it their way when it comes to at least most of the Capcom side again? I could see it.

To be fair. It'll be nice to see some fresh DS faces in 3D

And that's what I'm hoping for. Or at least give some shine to other chars besides the designated female trio who almost always are first in line. Even Bulletta (again) would be a nice change of pace.

I see Felicia and Lei-Lei getting cut for Jedah and other character from another franchise.

Hopefully some of the new characters shown at E3 will be ones that can verify the validity of the leak, and not just obvious ones like Dante and Spider-Man.

I'm expecting at least 6 to 10 characters. It depends if the game is getting delayed or it's on schedule.

TreIII

I just wanna see what version of Sigma will be in.

And that button layout!

I still think it's between X1/MHX's and X4's. When it comes to the X series, the nostalgia is strongest for those two games. Though if Zero does come back, I guess we don't really need another beamsaber-wielder, in which case Reaper!Sigma from X4 may end up being a more unique choice.

Even though X2's Sigma is still my personal favorite. Only guy with a claws and a wall-jump I would need~!

Weiss

Banned
I still think it's between X1/MHX's and X4's. When it comes to the X series, the nostalgia is strongest for those two games. Though if Zero does come back, I guess we don't really need another beamsaber-wielder, in which case Reaper!Sigma from X4 may end up being a more unique choice.

Even though X2's Sigma is still my personal favorite. Only guy with a claws and a wall-jump I would need~!

I am actually semi-convinced Zero sits out, at least until DLC.

Between Dante and Strider how many fast sword guys can the Capcom side have?

nded

Mmm, fresh hype fumes to keep this thread running.

If Spencer being in is true, that would suggest that Capcom intends to recycle as much as they can get away with for their side of the roster. I wouldn't mind if they reworked some of the TvC characters for inclusion in this game at some point.

Harpoon

Mmm, fresh hype fumes to keep this thread running.

If Spencer being in is true, that would suggest that Capcom intends to recycle as much as they can get away with for their side of the roster. I wouldn't mind if they reworked some of the TvC characters for inclusion in this game at some point.

I think Spencer being in is more of a result of Combofiend working on this game than anything.

Weiss

Banned
I hope you're right. Fuck Zero.

Put Protoman in instead.

Eeeeeehhhhhh doubtful.

While other VS. games tend to have one rep per Mega Man series, it seems that, between X and Sigma, this game will be focusing entirely on the Mega Man X series.

While X is getting his well deserved time in the spotlight, I still think Zero's inclusion is an inevitability, even if it has to be DLC.

I'm referring to those not on the list. Of the prominent non-Wanda (;_;) MCU ladies not on the list, there's...

Not that I think they'd get in over Black Widow, but the 2 Carters (Peggy and Sharon/Agent-13), Maria Hill, as well as kind of Ancient One and arguably Rescue and (spoilers for recent Agents of SHIELD episodes)
Madame Hydra/Viper
all also are MCU.

Neoxon

Not that I think they'd get in over Black Widow, but the 2 Carters (Peggy and Sharon/Agent-13), Maria Hill, as well as kind of Ancient One and arguably Rescue and (spoilers for recent Agents of SHIELD episodes)
Madame Hydra/Viper
all also are MCU.
To be fair,
Madame Hydra is only in the Framework.

Either way, Marvel & Capcom won't hear the end of it if they don't include Black Widow.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
GeAxG0g.gif

If they have to pick someone from Agent of SHIELD other than Quake and Coulson, then they need to put him in this game.

I know he literally have like 00.0000001 chance but I feel like to post GIF here/

Jawmuncher

I want solid female characters for sure.

What I don't want Capcom to do is add females simply for the sake of doing it.

If the ratio is less than 1/4. I can take some females being added for the sake of being added. As for my picks, the only one I would say is out there is Danilla. Since she's from a forgotten horror game. Then after her Vanessa would be an out there choice, since her game just kinda came and went. Nilin isn't that much of a stretch, since her game sold over a million last gen.

Dahbomb

Was gonna make a list of female capcom characters, but decided it wa too much work.
Looking at the wiki page though, there's definitely a lot of cool picks capcom could do it they don't decide to be boring

http://capcom.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Female_Characters

Out of the pages here, these stuck out to me most.

Regina
Juri Han
Vanessa Z. Schneider
Nilin
Franziska von Karma
Lucia
Daniella
Argosax is listed as a female... and the picture is of the Depair Embodied instead.

LOL DMC2... fucking up in the year 2017.

Top Bottom