• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Console owners - Have you been convinced to buy an Xbox One X ?

I'm looking into getting a Xbox One soon, but the X hasn't sold me. It's 99% likely I'm getting the S model instead. But I also still only own a 1080p television so I don't see the point in owning one for myself.

RedRum

Banned
Only once I see a tangible benefit for 1080p TV owners.

I can't wait for the DF articles on the automatic supersampling for 1080p TV owners. I upgraded to 4K several months ago, but the X would have still been a good buy if I had my 1080p TV.

I'd like to get one, but $499 is a tough sell without a killer app. It kind of feels like the price will drop before any truly great exclusives happen. I am interested to see the differences between PS4 Pro and XOX on third party games.

I've had a 4K TV for a couple years, and I haven't been able to justify a PS4Pro or a XOX. I have 2 Xbox ones and 2 ps4s (because of my kids and a jet engine launch PS4).
My PC is capable and I connect that to my TV for 4K. Consoles? MS and Sony won't get another dime out of me for hardware until next gen.

Varjis

Actually, this E3 convinced me to get a PS4Pro over a Xbox One X. Crazy right? Exclusives from Sony for the next two years > more power from MS.

RowdyReverb

Pretty much. I finally upgraded to a 4K TV and I'm starved for content, and I already have a library of 360/XB1 games that are guaranteed to perform and/or look better on the X. The price is tough to swallow though, so I might wait til next year.

klee123

Not one bit.

Game library is everything and MS hasn't done shit to reel me in compared to last gen with the 360. Have no interest in Gears/Halo/Forza.

Wedzi

Banned
By the time I acquire a 4K TV, PS5 and Nextbox will be out by then so I'll be skipping Xbox One X. I guess I was hoping for more general game improvements besides a massive resolution increase but it's clear what I was hoping out of the One X was it being somewhat more of a next generation console. I thought Microsoft was being more coy than they really were about what One X was trying to accomplish but really it's exactly what they've said all along. It's a 4K Xbox One. Either that interests you or it doesn't.

jdstorm

Banned
Nope. It doesn't have any standout exclusives over what i have availiable on the other platforms i own (PS4/Switch) and it will likely be overshadowed within 2 years by the PS5 on power.

Purest 78

Well MS said they have games 2 to 3 years away. As of now no games interest Me guess I'll wait the 2 to 3 years to see.

Kerm 1

All dat console powah! Not enough exclusives? Don't care for 4K? 60FPS? Blah. Best console for Multipats. Period. Why with a high end PC? Not all Multiplats are crossplay.

I'm curious to see how many console owners here have been planning to get an Xbox One X.
A little on me as a gamer. The previous two generations I was mainly a og xbox and xbox 360 gamer.
I stuck with the ps4 this gen because Sony focused on games far more than ms, and I find the ds4 and ps4 os to be far superior to xbox one controller/os.
Did have an xbox one for a a while but sold them due to no xbox exclusives I wanted.
I do like the extra gpu power the OneX has over the pro and the extra ram will allow for higher quality assets if the devs go that route. But with practically the same cpu as the ps4 pro thats all you're going to get for the most part apart from more stable framerates.
However, I dont think this extra gpu power and ram is going to be worth it for me to put out $500 without some games I cant play on ps4/pc to take advantage of it. Especially since I already have a ps4 pro.
I also have a pc with a i5 4690k and gtx 780 that I can pop a new gpu in which would also mitigate my need for a OneX.
So in short, I have no plans to upgrade right now. Could change in the future depending on ms's first-party How about you ? Would you keep your old console ? Even if I did buy a OneX I would keep my ps4 pro.

Day one.

I'll just say I'm not interested in 90% of the exclusive games for the platform, but I'll pick it up as a media box, a 360 BC machine, and to play that 10% of exclusives that interest me instead of having to deal with the Windows 10 store.

KAOS

The price is a hurdle but being able to play my xbox gaming library across multiple gens with improvements and with ease is enough incentive to move onto the X1X! So hopefully and if there is a lower price sku most definitely!

Dynomutt

Nah I'm Gucci. Between time, work and life one console is enough. The X is cool though great tech. All the type of games I would play come out on PS. Especially with how much I have invested in the PS ecosystem it would be best to avoid getting another console.

Still want Switch though...

george_us

Nah not really. There's just no reason to. PS4 has a far superior exclusive library and that looks unlikely to change in the foreseeable future. If I get the urge to upgrade I'll probably be able to grab a Pro for $150-$200 cheaper this fall.

Yep. I have a nice 4K tv, I want more stuff for it, I like the games MS showed this month, and $500 isn't that big of a deal.

I know it sounds weird, but Ooblets might be my favorite game of E3.

sn00zer

I firmly believe the xbox one x was developed in part to advertise games via streamers and media outlets. I cannot imagine the average consumer buying and xbox one x, but i can believe every streamer and game coverage group buying one. This results in tons of youtubable gameplay footage that is shown on an 'xbox one x' that has a very similar name to the xbox one s. Add in market confusion over 4k player in the xbox one s and 4k gaming on the xbox one x and you have a very convenient advertisibg/purchasing synergy.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I have a 4K/HDR TV and I'm not interested. I just don't care about Microsoft's exclusives.

cucuchu

I'm excited about the hardware and will probably preorder it but I'm concerned it will not be fully utilized. I will still primarily game on my PS4 Pro but I am going to give Microsoft my support too because I like the direction Phil Spencer has taken things lately.

MartyStu

I own a Gaming PC, and Switch and I must say, the answer is a resounding no.

That said, this is not anything against Microsoft. The lack of exclusivity is quite refreshing.

A stock PS4 just makes more sense for someone like me. Now, just to find one on the cheap...

Wedzi

Banned
I firmly believe the xbox one x was developed in part to advertise games via streamers and media outlets. I cannot imagine the average consumer buying and xbox one x, but i can believe every streamer and game coverage group buying one. This results in tons of youtubable gameplay footage that is shown on an 'xbox one x' that has a very similar name to the xbox one s. Add in market confusion over 4k player in the xbox one s and 4k gaming on the xbox one x and you have a very convenient advertisibg/purchasing synergy.

Streamers almost always choose PC over console. The One X isn't changing that. Gaming sites will still want to cover/review the version of the game most readers will be playing, which is PS4/Xbox One. Or the version Publishers send them, which could be tied to marketing.

Hardvlade

Yup, I got a 4k HDR TV (to take advantage of the better resolutions available on the Pro + HDR. Since the beginning I've got most multiplats on Xbox since most of my friends play there and a few on PS4 (Titanfall 2, Overwatch, Six Siege). I prefer the Elite controller as well. So I'll be replacing the One S for the One X.

Can't wait :)

StarPhlox

Not even a little!

Sold my Xbox One-S a couple weeks ago thinking I might use the funds as a down payment on an Xbox Scorpio (now known as XBOX) but I ended up getting PSN and Nintendo eShop cards instead.

If you already have a PS4/Pro I don't know why you'd want an X1X. It'll have some "launch exclusives" and Microsoft's decreasingly relevant franchises but this thing is going to bomb.

I wanted one and was hyped for it, but the price turned me off. If RDR2 had launched this year I'd probably have bought one for that.

I've already got a pro, so I'll wait and see how well the X performs with third party games.

Slayven

I am tired of the graphics arms race, how about working on improving other things. Like optimization, AI, and other shit

Dabanton

Its basically my Christmas present to myself so I'll be getting one. Potentially better third party games is meaning I'm convinced for now. The Xbox One has had the dogshit end of third party games this gen

I've also got a ton of digital Xbox games so I'm already interested to see the small/large improvements those games get as well.

I already have a Pro but I haven't been impressed with how Sony haven't really pushed forward on it. Hopefully the appearance of the X1X pushes them a bit.

Top Bottom