• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Console owners - Have you been convinced to buy an Xbox One X ?

Servbot24

Banned
Nope. I've got a PS4 Pro which is good enough for me. Add Switch and Steam games and I'm already buried under an avalanche. No need to add to it.

No. I have a 4K TV and a PS4 Pro and the upgrade doesn't seem worth it. Quite expensive for a mid-gen refresh that may only be relevant for a few years.

I'd be more inclined to pick one up if there were exclusives I was interested in but MS has really disappointed on that front this gen.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
No. With play anywhere I can just play the few exclusives I care about on PC.

Not planning on getting a 4K tv anytime soon anyway.

I went into this generation thinking I wouldn't buy a Xbox One that changed once they pulled the 180 and talked about how they were going to be making exclusives a priority - it seemed like were doing a lot to pull fans back, so I felt like I would get one eventually once the games started coming. The already announced games came and went and the big new things I expected were never announced. I ended up building a PC instead. I think Microsoft's move to do cross platform with PC is smart and might get me to buy a couple games on PC, but killed any final interest I had in buying a Scorpio.

Weirdly, I'm more inclined to buy a Pro even though I already have PS4. It's all about the games, seeing how good Spider-Man and God of War look have made me want to buy a 4k tv and a Pro.

TacosNSalsa

If there is a decent trade in deal for the Xbox One S then maybe . I'm talking like at least 175 ...I'm not paying over 325 out of pocket for this system .

Elbereth

Interesting question...

I have a Samsung 65" KS8500 and I really want to push more 4K games. But my fear is that the system will be abandoned in the next couple years as the inevitable PS5 and XBoX something launch picture will become clearer. I want at least a good 4 years of support from a console. I do realize that I'm the target for the box, but right now, hardware is not the answer.

I currently have a 980ti GPU, and I may just spend the money on a 1080ti instead. As Microsoft and their exclusive situation is still rather dismal for my tastes on the console side. Further, I can play most of their exclusives that do tickle my fancy on PC.

I plan on picking up a 4K TV this holiday season along with the 1X, Forza 7, and PUBG. 4K/60FPS will be glorious over Christmas break.

JMY86

Yes. Day One. I have a 4K/HDR TV, gaming PC and a PS4 Pro for a few Sony exclusives but the Xbox One X will be my new "main" console. Crackdown 3 , Sea of Thieves, State of Decay 2 and Anthem have easily sold me on the games side of it plus all my multi-platform games will now be on Xbox One X. I also include the superior controller and online network with clubs and LFG and it is a no brainer for me.

GHG

And you should give everyone in this thread 25 push ups for being a dolt.

UpgKv98.gif

You've convinced me. I'm gonna buy 3 as well, I want to be just like you.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
At the moment I have no 4K TV and the console has no games. So, it would just be a very expensive downsampler for multiplatform games. As in: no, not interested.

Nah. I'd like to get back on board with the Xbox brand, but the lack of first-party games that interest me is a huge roadblock. I just don't see myself investing in their ecosystem if they're not putting up the kind of quality games I can get on my PS4 (Pro) or Nintendo Switch.

I'm also usually not one for owning more than one home consoles as I like to focus on one thing at a time, but the Nintendo Switch with it's amazing versatility has changed all that. I feel like Sony and Nintendo this gen will prove to be the perfect combination, and so I don't have room for an X1X.

BriGuy

Still wavering on a decision. I have a PC with a roughly equivalent GPU (and a CPU that craps on it from a high place), a regular Xbox One, and a Pro that I'm honestly not sure was worth the added price.

That said, I'm first and foremost a huge consumer whore.

Abdiel

I play primarily Japanese games, so the Xbox ecosystem remains, as before, a desert of content for me. Just making a more powerful system has not in any way addressed this to make me interested in their platform.

I own a PS4 Pro, which has had nice benefits for quite a few games on my 4k TV, but the benefits the XBox X would have over the Pro don't offset the absolute vacuum of content that would interest me beyond multiplatform titles.

But I don't think I'm their target audience, anyway.

We've seen their target audience coming into the store to talk about trade in programs for their existing systems, though that cost difference is definitely a hard pill for some to swallow, especially when we don't really offer a ton of trade in value for the existing Xbox systems.

I think MS is probably setting measured expectations on that though, so we'll see how it goes later this year!

PaNaMa

Banned
Day 1. PS4 Pro and Gaming PC here. I feel I should reward Microsoft for putting out good hardware. I only left Xbox brand cause of weak XB1 and Kinect focus.

Seems they got the message, so I'm coming back. Kind of miss XBL!

I was already lukewarm about getting one before e3. Now with the price announcement I'm totally happy to skip it and stick with my Xbox one s which will also support the best new feature / announcement at Microsoft's conference - original xbox bc.

Going to wait for ps5 for my next gen fix thank you very much. By the time the Xbox One X is the right price to be worth it, the next Playstation should be just around the corner.

mindatlarge

Not really, but that may change if more exclusives catch my eye as I skipped the XB1 so far. Between a Switch, PS4 and Steam, I have too much that I haven't played as it is. Just getting the system because it'll be shiny and new isn't a selling point for me.

Skyline Owl

Neo Member
Yes. I don't care for Sony's stable of "AAA" IP's so a PS4(P) is useless to me and I don't use my PC for gaming, so for what's inside of it, $500 sounds just fine to me.

All I want now is a decent trade in deal so I can offload my 360S and OneS and I'm golden.

Caronte

I'd sooner buy an Xbox One S, honestly. But I would need some exclusives to justify it (Viva Piñata, a Mistwalker JRPG... something like that).

Not at all. I have a PC that can get close enough to 4K. I already put enough money into it and will be getting all the games the Xbox 1 is getting that I want on PC. They have no exclusives to entice me to even get an X1, let alone a X1X.

For the last 2 gens I've been Nintendo + PC and I've been only enticed by Sony to (not follow through) purchase.

I can't say Microsoft can do anything but have more exclusives that appeal to me to get my $. They just don't make games I want to buy their console for. Especially now that all their exclusives are coming to PC.

Simply put, no.

It's all about the games, and Microsoft still only have a single Xbox One exclusive I give a fuck about, and that's Sunset Overdrive, which I can more than happily live without and likely won't get a patch to use that power properly anyway, so I'm not buying an XOX just for that.

I've got a PS4Pro that's almost as good with vastly more and better games, and a PC I could upgrade with the same money to run rings around the XOX in terms of power, which plays almost all the same titles and millions more. Plus, for less money I could get either a Switch or PSVR for a wholly more unique gaming experience, instead of just the same multiplats I can already play but looking slightly nicer.

Power was never the XO's main problem, and the XOX just doesn't do anywhere near enough to suddenly make one worth owning.

Hawk269

Yep. Down for 2 of them. One for me and one for my wife. Looking to go back and play a lot of the game I have not had time to play with Xbox One X upgrades.

brerwolfe

I'm about to sell my Halo Xbox One because I think I've only turned it on 4 times since buying it. I even have unopened games.

So disappointed in this console. So no, not buying the One X.

No, but the price has certainly convinced me to buy a One S on black friday. Need dat 4K BR player but XB1 has no exclusives that interest me. Their best exclusive is backwards compatibility :lol

It all depends on the games tbh. I jumped into the ps4 at launch and have been disappointed at the lack of games pushing the hardware. I think I may be done with consoles after this generation.

statham

Xbox ecosystem is lacking exclusives. why would I invest $500 on a system just so I can squint my eyes to notice any IQ differences with games I can play on PRO. Not worth it.
You can squint you eyes for differences betweet ps4 and pro too, sayin..

bones123

Absolutely not. Not only does the coming Xbox One lineup have zero games that entice me, but the price puts it completely out of my budget (700$+ CAD) and the backlog doesn't necessitate being uprezzed/bumped to 60 FPS.

Top Bottom