• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rokuren

Trial's pretty rough, I think I actually had more trouble getting the 5 man achievement than the other two.

Team for 5-man.
Marie, Refia, Y'shtola and a medium order of Fries
Essentially tried keeping enough healing and buffs to ram the damage through; wasted so much energy.

I can't tell if having a good plan or a sixth unit made more of a difference.
Although I ended up getting Esper and no Items separately.
Esper and no Items
Maire, Ling, Refia, Snow(Ribbon and Safety Bit), Fry, and friend Noctis.
Between auto-refresh, ling and Noctis there were no mana issues. It got close a couple of times whittling down for the esper kill but reduced ice resistance + shiva actually did about 40k or so.

I don't envy Valentus.

robotuw

Done, and I **never** want to see this POS fight ever again.

Good luck to you, man. Flare is magic-based and will bypass evasion :/

Nah even flare is hybrid and can be avoided. Reddit's grand evasion Noctis didn't work either though. It all hinges on point warp having the same cycle as the charm so you can avoid it. Charm works exactly like stop so it negates the evasion (because that makes sense and is a good mechanic). Problem is once she passes the 50% threshold she switches to charm every two turns and you're fucked. I give up for now. Maybe come back with a few more TMs. 200 is more than enough wasted NRG with nada to show for it.

Decided to finally do the trial and went the brute force route. Benched my Marie and went Refia/Snow/Ling/Double Fryevia. I missed the Esper because the Fry's wrecked but that's okay because I have 8 +30% MAG materias already and don't see the point of another taking its own slot. Put the vest on my evasion Noctis so I could free up a materia slot for some versatility.

whoa holy shot this thread deteriorated

We had the trial plan laid out in the discord guys

Its wild you guys had so much trouble but it looks like most of you are getting through it

I will say its a trial that hinges heavily on a few small details in order to keep the fight controlled but the pillars are

Solid tank to get the charm

Lots of HP

Status immunity

Evasion

Def AND Spr buffs

MP recovery

Element buffs and safety bit are really great but not a hard requirement. Its smart to use a friend for 5 man since it guarantees 2 safety bits in play

Also redundancy in healing and revives is Nice

Ling, Minfillia, Refia, White Knight Noel, and Noctis all all prime units for this fight

Also its a good idea to inflict blind over silence if you can but not necessary

The hardest part is eating multiple volleys of flare and toxic strike along with the tremor and tornado. Stack as much innate evasion and wind/earth resist as you can and kee Def/Spr buff up over element guard.

Your team should be redundant and resilient so you can recover and push between volleys

Lyrian

The hardest part is eating multiple volleys of flare and toxic strike along with the tremor and tornado. Stack as much innate evasion and wind/earth resist as you can and kee Def/Spr buff up over element guard.

Your team should be redundant and resilient so you can recover and push between volleys

Mostly agreed. If you have a decent setup, the only real significant threat is those combo-from-hell turns.

Don't know if I agree so much with placing element guard on low priority. Perhaps if you are running a Dance of the Ballerinas team that can dodge a few hits on each unit every round without fail. But, for a normal team, that's likely a recipe for disaster. On a reasonably well geared team and buffed team, a player is looking at ~2500 for Flare, ~1500 for Toxic Claw, and ~300 for Tremor and Tornado (each) with 70% element guard. Plus or minus RNG, and that's give or take 4.5k damage to everyone. That's not a lot of room for leeway for a dropped element buff. Unbuffed, Tornado and Tremor will do ~1500 each to a ~200 SPR unit. Coupled with a random bad RNG round, that's likely wiping a lot of people in this thread.

Sub 200 SPR though.... like Snow if not stacked for SPR... is going to be an almost guaranteed insta-wipe to Flare when it happens.

For this Trail I totally wussed out and took a friends Orlandu in along with mine that both had Ribbons equipped. But since I had a full 5 man of my own I need to do it again to get the reward.

My team is fully stacked,
Refia for the heals Embolden and immunities
Marie for the Focus Barstone and barair. She has Discernment for status immunity
Cecil for provoke. Has safety bit equipped.
Ling for MP regen. Honestly when I do the 5 man I'm dropping her and finding another friend Orlandu with status immunity
Orlandu and Ribbon equipped.

Cecil spent almost the whole 4 or 5 rounds disabled by charm but it didn't matter. No body even died, but now I'll try again with a 5 man.

Second try with the 5 man, couldn't find another fully immune Orlandu so I just took my own 5 stack. Took way longer shooting a single Divine Ruin but nobody was in danger of falling. I think I found a 4 some of complete defense in Marie, Refia, Cecil and Ling. Again, my units are pretty decked out. Cecil even has dual cast for emergencies. One problem I used to have with Ling in past events was with running out of her own mana. Over the past week I finally got my first Ring of Lucii, and when equipped to Ling its like the best thing ever. Extra evade and MP regen through Holy. Seriously never knew its power until now. Anyway, mission accomplished. Good luck to everyone working with a lot less.

I did the trial in two tries, one for the 5 man.

Snow, Noctis, Refia, Minfilla, friend Orlando.

Added Bartz for no item and and esper trophies.

Good ol Noctis contained Echidna with fire flask so I didn't have to deal with flare and tremor.

Snow really is nifty, always comes out for the trials, needed Refia back instead of Ysh for for her immunities and to tag team with Bartz.

Celegus

Royally screwed up my first attempt on ELT (Noctis got confused first turn and murdered Refia). Second attempt I took out my Noctis and took a friend Freyvia (immune to confuse) and it was pretty easy to clear all missions at once. Pretty much just followed that reddit guide (Refia Bartz Snow Minfillia Freyvia)

Iceman829

whoa holy shot this thread deteriorated

We had the trial plan laid out in the discord guys

Its wild you guys had so much trouble but it looks like most of you are getting through it

I will say its a trial that hinges heavily on a few small details in order to keep the fight controlled but the pillars are

Solid tank to get the charm

Lots of HP

Status immunity

Evasion

Def AND Spr buffs

MP recovery

Element buffs and safety bit are really great but not a hard requirement. Its smart to use a friend for 5 man since it guarantees 2 safety bits in play

Also redundancy in healing and revives is Nice

Ling, Minfillia, Refia, White Knight Noel, and Noctis all all prime units for this fight

Also its a good idea to inflict blind over silence if you can but not necessary

Yea I thought we all did a good job of breaking down the trial together and figuring out some good party setups. Once Qon mentioned having a status immune WKN it all came together because Snow can suck it. After he bought that Safety bit it made the fight a breeze. I hope Ivan posts some good news in the morning. He had a few tough breaks during the day.

It took me 3 attempts and kills to finally get the Esper kill reward but it was worth it. It was a fun trial and I'm glad I farmed the Ribbon back during the TT banner.

My party setup for the 5 man kill was Noctis (785 atk / diabolos, ribbon), ling (80% dodge), minfilia, refia (DC, vestment of mind) and WKN. It was a little rough because Qon bought the Safety bit after I mentioned it would make his unit unkillable, but I killed it slowly but surely. After that the other attempts were simple. I bumped ling to 85% dodge and added a ~680/700 MAG Emperor w/ black choker and jeweled ring to just nuke with fire from below. It worked great... a little too good. The turn before the kill it hit for 675k+. It might not be one of those 40+ Orlandu chains everyone goes nuts over but it worked nicely for me. The last attempt I couldn't get esper orbs to manifest until I had the boss at 1/3 hp. I was auto attacking with 4 of my units since I wasn't taking any damage plus minfilia's materia would usually cure me.

Good luck to anyone pulling on tomorrows banner. This trial made me decide to tm 2 sazh and 3 shines next to cap out my ling and put my noctis at 95% evade. It's just so useful

Syntsui

10k subscribers on YouTube and they're sending out.... one rare summon ticket. LOL. One? Okay then.
I mean, that's some pretty petty number for an official channel lol.

Edit: of course another fucking off banner fucking gold. Fuck fuck fuck.

Rixa

I was wondering, maybe I should use some of the event tickets to Dragoon banner. If I get few bonus units with KM banner then use rest of the tix for the blues in Dragoon banner.

Rixa

ELT boss 25 NRG!

Seriously WTF?

Screenshot_20170519-111807.png

Dandte

Daily : anzelm...off to a good start

Daily: Jack...wrong banner dude

Ticket 1: Faris...sweet
Ticket 2: Penelo...
Ticket 3: Sice...yay... i like her sprite and fighting in agito
Ticket 4: Blue to Gold - Sozhe....goddammit.

What is it with all these off banner golds?

Alkez

Mog King having T4 gems is a great decision imo. Wasn't going to spend any tickets and just daily but might spend a few now.

Syntsui

Guys... Remember when I did that 11 pull last week wanting Zyrus but I got Reberta instead?

I couldn't get more Zyrus from the tickets so I got mad and wasted my last 5k lapis on another pull... Didn't get a fucking Zyrus but I got and Emperor.

Was still mad and bought lapis to another pull, got another fucking Reberta AND ZYRUS!!!!!!

Three 11 pulls in a row in one week, three rainbows. Hippo, step aside, you got some competition now.

Alkez

Spent 7 tickets on the event banner. Got 4 yellows. Soleil :( gaff (meh) and 2x King on my last 2 pulls. Should be able to farm with those 2 plus a friend.

Guys... Remember when I did that 11 pull last week wanting Zyrus but I got Reberta instead?

I couldn't get more Zyrus from the tickets so I got mad and wasted my last 5k lapis on another pull... Didn't get a fucking Zyrus but I got and Emperor.

Was still mad and bought lapis to another pull, got another fucking Reberta AND ZYRUS!!!!!!

Three 11 pulls in a row in one week, three rainbows. Hippo, step aside, you got some competition now.

I'm just behind with my 3 Rainbows in 4 11s the other week lol. Congrats on the best rod and the second best (but free) rod lol.

c-murph

I get a steady 400 currency on ELT. Thats a bit of a buff from the norm right? So 25 ELT isn't a bad thing since normal is like under 200 for 13. Not to mention i can auto pilot this thing.

I get a steady 400 currency on ELT. Thats a bit of a buff from the norm right? So 25 ELT isn't a bad thing since normal is like under 200 for 13. Not to mention i can auto pilot this thing.

More energy means less runs, which means you encounter the bonus unit even less

Rixa

Dragoon banner. over 55 pulls (3x10+1 plus tix). 0 Zyrus. First pull had 3 Golds, Sozhe (my 4th), WoL, Gaffgarion. This last pull makes the day.

Screenshot_20170519-121314.png

Yeah. Iam done.

Alkez

The orchestral music before the boss...wow.

It's definitely better for irl time. I never base my calculations on bonus rates so this is fine for me.

Dandte

Dragoon banner. over 55 pulls (3x10+1 plus tix). 0 Zyrus. First pull had 3 Golds, Sozhe (my 4th), WoL, Gaffgarion. This last pull makes the day.

Screenshot_20170519-121314.png

Yeah. Iam done.

At least you got 2 Kains and a Firion! I did around 30 pulls and i didn't got a single one.

I guess that's why i deserve for fusing 9 kains together at the start of the event instead of moogles.

Also...my condolescence.

Rixa

At least you got 2 Kains and a Firion! I did around 30 pulls and i didn't got a single one.

I guess that's why i deserve for fusing 9 kains together at the start of the event instead of moogles.

I have 7 Kains :p. 6 are from this event. Not sure when I use my raid cons. 5 Firions, 4 are from this event.

across

Hum.

So I figured I'd go ahead and do a daily pull after reading about the possibly wonky NRG:reward ratio, just as a lark.

I guess there's a first time for everything. Isn't gonna help much with event currency, but I don't mind.

M3wrhJ2l.png

I take back everything I said. This banner's alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom