• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a long summer when there are no major summer tournaments. Here we go!
Raith Rovers to win the Scottish League One and Man United to win the Premiership. Come on!

Honestly I'd happily see Rovers come back up for the derby, I think Ayr United will be the team to beat though.

Do Liverpool fans think Emre Can will be a big loss if we lose him? I think Liverpool should cash in if Juventus is looking to spend £34 million on him since he only has a year left on his contract. I don't see him signing a new contract, if he was going to do it, he would have done it already. I'll be surprised if he does.

He's our only legit backup in 2 positions, and in 1 of them the player who is first choice has become injury prone.

Its far too late in the window to sell him with that in mind, he'd have to be replaced within a week.

sammex

Do Liverpool fans think Emre Can will be a big loss if we lose him? I think Liverpool should cash in if Juventus is looking to spend £34 million on him since he only has a year left on his contract. I don't see him signing a new contract, if he was going to do it, he would have done it already. I'll be surprised if he does.

I think he can develop into a top player, he's only 23 and can play full back and CB. Klopp seem pretty sure he'll sign a new contract. There's no guarantee £34 million would get us as good a player in this market now. If he did leave we'd have to buy two CM this month and we're struggling to get signings in as it is.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Is the Now TV Sky Sports monthly pass worth 34 quid a month?

I usually just use streams 🎏🎏

TeddyBoy

We were consistent last season

August-December consistently good
January-February consistently bloody dreadful
March-May consistently just about decent enough

¬¬

Consistently good Hitch :p

And that March to May gave quite a few nail biting performances too!

Can is a great back up and I doubt we'd be able to easily replace him, if he left it would probably hurt the squad overall.

MrS

Banned
Wolves have fully evolved into Portugal over the summer, still not sure how it will all work out. Some clogger from Burton will probably break Neves' leg at some point.
They'll begin the season with a loss to my Boro today. Us and Villa should clinch automatic promotion. Mackems to suffer another relegation, hopefully.

RocknRola

Awesome OP :)

Today let's see if my club manages to win the Supercup from Benfica. I'll be there rooting for them, hope it goes well.

28111501838651.jpg

20h45 today, same timezone as the UK if anyone is interested.

Lashley

You should use streams anyway as Sky can't show every match. The incentives really aren't there to go legit.

Aye that 3PM rule is so moronic, even Klopp called it out on it's bullshit

Only thing I miss is Sky Sports News/Soccer Saturday

RocknRola

That Vitória SC crest is easily one of my favourites.

It's also one of those that's very meaningful for the people in the city as it has the 1st King of Portugal and patron of the City drawn on it. Don't think it'll change anytime soon hehe :p

EmiPrime

It's incredibly archaic yeah. I can't afford to go to every match and even if I could the only way I can get away tickets is through my supporter's group once in a blue moon. If I could subscribe to get legitimate 4K streams at a reasonable price for just my team I would because I hate having to use streaming websites.

Lashley

It's incredibly archaic yeah. I can't afford to go to every match and even if I could the only way I can get away tickets is through my supporter's group once in a blue moon. If I could subscribe to get legitimate 4K streams at a reasonable price for just my team I would because I hate having to use streaming websites.

Same, there's a massive market they're not capitalising on.

I think it was 90m last season who streamed PL matches, but who can blame them when none of the 3PM matches are available in the UK by legal means?

sammex

One more thing about Can - he's our only midfielder with a bit of snide. We need someone like that who can rile up the other team.

0.jpg

Just go to the pub, mate. I'm sure there's plenty of blokes spouting absolute shite about football there. And at least with the drunks you'll get coherent sentences out of them.

Syder

Or Leigh Griffiths, hell or Scott Brown
Leigh Griffiths had a serious attitude problem when he was in England, I've always had a soft spot for him though and would like to see him get a chance in the PL.

Scott Brown's too old to get a chance now.

RocknRola

For some reason that reminds me of this years Fiorentina away kits:

Each colour represents the different teams of calcio storico (historical football).

I saw that a few weeks ago, it's pretty awesome! Both the actual calcio storico and the fact that the club went out of it's way to make sure everyone gets a shirt in their own colours.

Beefy

Leigh Griffiths had a serious attitude problem when he was in England, I've always had a soft spot for him though and would like to see him get a chance in the PL.

Scott Brown's too old to get a chance now.

He still got one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom