• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Badge Arcade |OT| Gotta Grab 'em All

And this Mario Christmas spritework
B5p2GAqCQAEQsAD.jpg

I kinda want to Christmas-ify my 3DS for December. These badges would go along really well with the Mario Christmas theme.

I saw the elevator to the Theme Shop but I couldn't find which theme was being offered and it wouldn't tell me when I selected the elevator. Am I missing something?
When you're in the hub watch the bottom screen scroll through all the news. They'll show the current bonus theme eventually. (It's LoZ: A Link Between Worlds currently.)

They should show it on the Theme Elevator screen too though, and I'm not sure why they don't.

JoeM86

I kinda want to Christmas-ify my 3DS for December. These badges would go along really well with the Mario Christmas theme.

After them doing the Pokémon Halloween ones (along with Ashley from WarioWare and Nikki), I'm excited to see what they'll do for this Christmas

woopWOOP

Turns out NA got if before the EU afterall!

Seeing the Japan release list I kind of expected more NES sprite badges to tie in with NES Remix or something. I'm the kind of sucker who'd go in hardcore over some Excitebike sprites.

Isabelle in the Power Suit looks so weird...

e: Also I guess we missed out on the Halloween badges this year then? Better luck in '16 :[

When you're in the hub watch the bottom screen scroll through all the news. They'll show the current bonus theme eventually. (It's LoZ: A Link Between Worlds currently.)

They should show it on the Theme Elevator screen too though, and I'm not sure why they don't.

Oh cool, I just saw it now. Thanks!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I don't mind the rabbits, what I do mind is that there's inexplicably two of them now. Why make a new salesman rabbit when you already have one?

One looks like a mii, this one looks like he is filled with personality and expression. And don't forget Peppy Hare!

georly

I blew 4 bucks last night, wanted to only do 2 (for the theme), but I couldn't get all the ones I wanted with 2 because I missed a bunch (not knowing you could RESET the level to make it easier for some badges!). Just wanted to get enough ALBW stuff. From now on, i'll do 2 per theme and then the free play every day to hopefully get the ones I want.

I mean, I'm basically paying 2 bucks per theme WITHOUT badges, so 2 bucks with 10 badge chances is worth it to me, I think. Sneaky Sneaky nintendo.

Here's my bottom screen after last night. I might like zelda, guys (and gals!). I own Majora and triforce retail, but I'd like to download them also, just so I have 2 other permanent zelda icons on my home screen.

CTf-kj-UsAAn7XU.jpg:large

e = eshop
R = Retail
C = Console
G (the gameboy now) = gameboy (incl advance)
D = Demos - which I might hide off the main screen once I get more console-related badges.

One looks like a mii, this one looks like he is filled with personality and expression. And don't forget Peppy Hare!
The new rabbit is fairly amusing, so I don't really mind, it's just an odd decision. (And why don't they have names? Unless this guy is actually named Bunny...)

I don't know Peppy was a pusher too. How the mightly have fallen.

georly

He literally TELLS YOU WHAT TO DO all the freaking time.

DO A BARREL ROLL
Never give up! Trust your instincts.
Be careful, it's a trap!
Fox, Take it easy!

Ugh, so bossy. Get over yourselves, bunny rabbits.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
The new rabbit is fairly amusing, so I don't really mind, it's just an odd decision. (And why don't they have names? Unless this guy is actually named Bunny...)

He is the guy who sells you submarines in Steel Diver f2p.

ajjow

Gosh.

Thats the first time in my 30 years old that I will pay for microtransitions.

I'm so embarassed, but that REAL rabbit was so funny that they got me. I spend so much monney with stupid things that I think, man.... I need to improve my DS menu appearence.

Shame on me.... = (

PS.: the craddle game is really fun. I'm amazed...

He literally TELLS YOU WHAT TO DO all the freaking time.

DO A BARREL ROLL
Never give up! Trust your instincts.
Be careful, it's a trap!
Fox, Take it easy!

Ugh, so bossy. Get over yourselves, bunny rabbits.
We should probably be doing barrel rolls right now.

He is the guy who sells you submarines in Steel Diver f2p.
Heh, I didn't know that. I guess he had nothing else to do. What for Slippy in the next stability update.

Comes in Europe on Friday

You can share your decorating on Miiverse.

EU gets it on Friday I think.

Thanks guys.

Indeed. There's some art that has never existed before like this Isabelle art

e3JxsK0.png
JAYrCf4.png

And this Mario Christmas spritework
B5p2GAqCQAEQsAD.jpg

In fact, there's a crapload of alternate Isabelle and Nikki artwork that didn't exist before this

Only if you want to get them all. But no, there's free play chances every day

OMG Samus Isabelle lol

Easy_D

never left the stone age
It's just a fun little thing, and you don't have to spend a cent. I've gotten over a dozen already for nothing, and I don't plan on spending any money really.

And there are themes you can get in the app by purchasing plays, so really you're just buying a theme, and getting a chance to net some more badges along with it.

I see. I feel kinda hypocritical though given that I got the eShop version of Majora's Mask for the theme :lol. I'll try this out for sure.

Flintty

They are all fair (all panels are fixed spawns), but arguably better ones are sometimes harder to get and may need clearing of other badges to get in contact with it, depends on the layout though. I guess it boils down to what you want out of the game, collecting for collecting or just getting ones you want; I mean maybe Hours Left really wanted rocks.

Thanks! I like collecting for the sake of collecting lol. Having rarity usually makes it more interesting/fun but is not a necessity!

Boogiepop

Finished off the Gameboy/Super Famicom that were rotating out, as well as the LBW one with the hooks (want a complete LBW set eventually). The Super Famicom was goddamn slippery! Took way more tries than it should've, and if not for that I would've likely gotten more badges with my tries, but oh well. And now to sink back into non-paying town, at least until another "free" theme pops up...

(BTW, in case anyone was curious, "leveling up" just
seems to upgrade the icon with the book. IE now a bunny statue is holding my book.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Managed to get over 30 badges in practice this morning, which nabbed me 4 free plays altogether. Not bad.

Edit: After which I managed to get every badge except for Link himself...urg.

Coppanuva

Only got 1 free play this morning, but had 8 last night. Managed to snag a GB and a Super Famicom Controller + game cartridge, so I'm good for now I guess. Enough stuff to label my folders for now :D

Boogiepop

Baito actually predates the StreetPass one if memory serves.

Double checked as I remember both things coming out, but this is wrong assuming I'm not misunderstanding the claim. This game came out last year in Japan, whereas the first round of purchasable StreetPass games was summer of 2013.

JoeM86

Double checked as I remember both things coming out, but this is wrong assuming I'm not misunderstanding the claim. This game came out last year in Japan, whereas the first round of purchasable StreetPass games was summer of 2013.

I thought the games came Spring this year. My apologies if I was wrong.

Elija2

Is it just me or does booting up the game take a really long time? It gets stuck on "Reading data..." for like a full minute.

JoeM86

Is it just me or does booting up the game take a really long time? It gets stuck on "Reading data..." for like a full minute.

It does. Whenever it boots up, it goes to connect to the eShop server and downloads the daily changes each time.

It was getting long in Japan until the version 1.3.0 update where it sped up a bit.

georly

It does. Whenever it boots up, it goes to connect to the eShop server and downloads the daily changes each time.

It was getting long in Japan until the version 1.3.0 update where it sped up a bit.

That, and also it has to phone home so you don't try to fast forward your calendar to get free tries again. Also, any game with microtransactions usually connects to a server to make sure you're not manipulating save data/etc to bypass microtransactions.

Elija2

That, and also it has to phone home so you don't try to fast forward your calendar to get free tries again. Also, any game with microtransactions usually connects to a server to make sure you're not manipulating save data/etc to bypass microtransactions.

The boot up time seems longer than it should be though. Pokemon Shuffle takes significantly less time to check in and download updates. I guess it has to download more stuff in this game.

I just got 31 practice badges with the Hammer machine. Not a single one had free plays on the other side, but I got 3 free plays for getting 30 badges so whatever.

I managed to nab 4 badges with my 3 plays so I'm pretty happy. I got an old school Game Boy to complement my Game Boy Color from yesterday. I got pixel Luigi and Toad as part of a single grab and I took Goomba to complete my starter Mario set from yesterday. I don't think I'll complete too many sets, but I wanted to complete the very first one because I was only missing the Goomba.

I agree that the boot up time is long. It's kind of unnerving, as every time I'm scared my SD card is going to get corrupted or something.

gappvembe

I didn't realize this was brand new thing when I downloaded last night around midnight. I hadn't been on the eshop in ages. I got the five freebies and cleared out the trial Mario screen.

entremet

This stuff is classic Nintendo charm.

The new bunny character is adorable. I wonder if he's related to the StreetPass bunny.

Top Bottom