• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom: More School Costumes heading to Street Fighter V 06/27 [Ibuki, Nash, R. Mika]

JusDoIt

Is this the part where you backtrack? Here let me help you, "I was referring to the nostalgia costumes that were mentioned last E3, nothing gameplay or systems related, honest".

I was referring to Capcom needing cosmetic DLC to keep the game afloat actually, but keep reading between lines.

Nash looks great, I hope the alternate version of his is nice too.

Not sure why they'd give it to Ibuki considering her default outfit is already a school uniform.

Ban Puncher

2913134-7150371467-cfb6b.gif

Nephtes

A fake Ibuki posing as Ibuki maybe.
SFIII Ibuki with Tsumuji and Neck Breaker this is not.
This is some unholy copy of Ibuki that didn't get it right.

Still waiting on Capcom to fix the game and release a SFV with Ibuki with her original move set she had for 19+ years before this SFV bullshit decided to ruin her.

Also looking forward to the school outfit for Ken that fixes his bananas so they don't clip through his shoulders...

Skilletor

Did they fix the bug yet where Ibuki's signature moves, the sliding neck breaker and triple spin kicks, were left out of the game?

Have they replaced​ Ken's bananas with hair yet?

You mean Neck Breaker and Tsumuji?

Yes well, I wanted to differentiate the sliding Neck Breaker from her normal reverse throw in SFV which kind of looks like neck breaker, but isn't.

And Tsumuji? Who the fuck knows that outside of die hard Ibuki players? It's just the spin kicks...

I mean, go Google "Ibuki Tsumuji" and the 2nd or 3rd non-video result literally says "Ibuki's Spin Kicks..."

Not that I have to justify myself...
Capcom is the one that screwed up removing these moves she's had for 20 years... Moves I was using in Street Fighter III while back in high school...Before the whole SFIV vortex nonsense happened, ostensibly the reason Capcom decided to make her unfun to play in SFV.

"We've heard your complaints about Street Fighter V being absolute shit. Announcing today, Street Fighter VI! PC/PS4/X1/Switch with cross play between all platforms featuring Ibuki with her original move set and Ken with hair that does not resemble bananas. Street Fighter V servers are being shut down and everyone is getting refunds for our half-baked attempt at a competent release."

Is about the only surprise from Ono that would make me happy at this point.

Even this isn't exactly true...

For example, fans of Ibuki going back to SFIII and 1997 were shafted when Capcom gutted her move set.
She's essentially a new character.

I mean, did they take away Ryu's Hadouken or Dragon Punch?
No. No they didn't....

So why take away Ibuki's signature moves and replace them with horseshit?

WHY CAPCOM?

The only re-release SFV needs is the one where they put Ibuki's move set back to the one she's had since the 1990's...

Just saying...

I'm not talking about the vortex, leave that shit out, I'm talking returning her to her original move set.

I mean, Ken is in the game, did they take away his ability to throw a hadouken or dragon punch?
No. No they didn't.
What about Chun Li? Does she still spinning bird kick?
Yes. Yes she does.

Bring back real Ibuki Capcom and maybe I'll buy some DLC from you.
Because whatever the fuck you have in SFV right now is not Ibuki... And there's a word for that: lame.

#NeckBreakerMeIfOld

Well... I guess this is how the series I fell in love with all the way back in 1991 comes to an end.

Only released to one console, bare bones as can be, loading issues, no single player content like all the other entries have had since the beginning, match making issues, rage quit issues, no cash shop, failure to stick to published release schedule, PR failure and now internal company strife...

I'd be really surprised if we ever get a Street Fighter VI from Capcom after this...

Unless Capcom sells the IP or finally goes bankrupt and someone buys them and rights the ship...

Oh... and those jerks removed Ibuki's neck breaker move from the looks of it... that was like my favorite move in both SFIII and SFIV...
I can't abide by this...

A fake Ibuki posing as Ibuki maybe.
SFIII Ibuki with Tsumuji and Neck Breaker this is not.
This is some unholy copy of Ibuki that didn't get it right.

Still waiting on Capcom to fix the game and release a SFV with Ibuki with her original move set she had for 19+ years before this SFV bullshit decided to ruin her.

Also looking forward to the school outfit for Ken that fixes his bananas so they don't clip through his shoulders...

Stahp.

Fuck capcom and this thread 😭😭
Sorry OP. I saw capcom and school in the title and my heart jumped. Came in to this fan service bullshit.

Nephtes

Never.
I will take whatever opportunity I can to shit on Capcom for SFV and what they did to Ibuki (and to a lesser degree Ken).
Ibuki has been my main since the early days of SFIII. This continued when she was reintroduced into Super Street Fighter IV. Taking away her signature moves and changing her play style completely was a slap in the face from Capcom to long time fans of the character. She just isn't fun to play any more, and her new moveset requires too much micromanagement, setup, and long term planning for me to wrap my brain around whereas previously she could be played reactionary or rush down effectively.

Hey, at least you can't accuse me of being inconsistent.

mollipen

Never.
Ibuki has been my main since the early days of SFIII. This continued when she was reintroduced into Super Street Fighter IV. Taking away her signature moves and changing her play style completely was a slap in the face from Capcom to long time fans of the character. She just isn't fun to play any more, and her new moveset requires too much micromanagement, setup, and long term planning for me to wrap my brain around whereas previously she could be played reactionary or rush down effectively.

Experience the joy of finding a new main. I know some people want to make it sound like that's the end of the world, but it's really not.

Nephtes

Experience the joy of finding a new main. I know some people want to make it sound like that's the end of the world, but it's really not.

Except I already went through that in the transition from SSFII to SFIII when Chun Li was no where to be found in the initial release. And after switching to Ibuki, who would want to go back?
No one should have to go main shopping twice in one life time...

kunonabi

It's comedy because Ibuki is better in SFV than she ever was (maybe even better than AE Ibuki?), but everybody is acting like she's dead.

SFIII and SFIII: 2nd Impact Ibuki was even nuttier. She had a damn infinite in SFIII and even when they took it out of the DC port she was still stupidly overpowered.

JusDoIt

SFIII and SFIII: 2nd Impact Ibuki was even nuttier. She had a damn infinite in SFIII and even when they took it out of the DC port she was still stupidly overpowered.

I really wish broken ass 2nd Impact would get rereleased. Would love to play with Broken Ibuki and Broken Sean.

AlexIIDX

Nash's looks really cool. Ibuki is similar to her default but I like it. Mikas is eh,but at least she doesn't have a mask on. I'd like a cool new Akuma costume next please. Or Alpha Chun Li so I can start using her again.

mollipen

Except I already went through that in the transition from SSFII to SFIII when Chun Li was no where to be found in the initial release. And after switching to Ibuki, who would want to go back?

I tend to pick a new main every time, so I have very little sympathy—especially when I'm playing against people who have been nothing but Ken/Ryu/Akuma for countless years.

I find it completely boring to not want to learn a new character when given a fresh start. (Unless you're a pro tournament-level player.)

Skilletor

This thread is about costumes.

I know it's been said a million times already but really, a school costume for a character whose default design was unfortunately changed to a schoolgirl outfit?

And Nash isn't? :p

Can't be too old when you're dead maybe? stuff him in the history classroom!

Nephtes

This thread is about costumes.

Capcom still refuses to release an appropriate SFIII costume for Ibuki into SFV well after having teased it... Most likely because once they release that costume they will be ashamed that Sham Fighter V Ibuki will look the part of Ibuki, but still won't be Ibuki.

Most likely because once they release that costume they will be ashamed that Sham Fighter V Ibuki will look the part of Ibuki, but still won't be Ibuki.

they will be ashamed .
Capcpom just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the Japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase another Street Fighter for any system, nor will they purchase any of Capcpom's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Capcpom has alienated an entire market with this move.

Capcpom, publicly apologize and cancel the Ibuki nostalgia costume for SFV or you can kiss your business goodbye.

yurinka

This white costume is very cool and reminds me of Kyosuke from Rival Schools
Dem priorities.
To have an (external?) artist making some costumes doesn't affect the team priorities at all. Their whole team may be working on S2 and S3 stuff, arcade mode, gameplay tweaks, etc.

Regarding costumes, I'd like to see the remaining classic outfits. Like Alex with his SF2/SF3 haircut and human face in the versus screen.

Nephtes

Capcpom just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase another Street Fighter for any system, nor will they purchase any of Capcpom's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Capcpom has alienated an entire market with this move.

Capcpom, publicly apologize and cancel the Ibuki nostalgia costume for SFV or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Only took me 3 pages of posts to get a variation on that classic as a response.
I'm getting better at this game. :D

But seriously Capcom, where's the school outfit for Karin?

1) Not everything is about you, motherfucker
2) I've switched mains in nearly every version of SF (including from using Ibuki in SF4)
3) This thread is about costumes, holy fuck man

kunonabi

I really wish broken ass 2nd Impact would get rereleased. Would love to play with Broken Ibuki and Broken Sean.

Honestly, just about everybody had fun shenanigans in that game outside of Elena, Alex, and Urien. I find it much enjoyable to go back to than 3S to be honest.

Top Bottom