• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders: Warmastered Edition |OT| No, not alone.

forrest

formerly nacire
I'll repeat it here because everyone must know.

On PS4 at least, the cut scene voice overs are totally out of sync plus they skip themselves often.

Do not bother without a patch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TObOAHTTU5E&t=15m50s

Look at this! I'm so pissed...

Is this the only example of the audio sync issue for cutscenes? Or are all cutscenes on all platforms affected? Seems like a large QA oversight if so.

Any reason why this isn't up on Steam for pre-order?

protonion

I'm checking the gamefaqs forum. Many are experiencing it.

It happens in every cut scene for me.

The cut scene after the first boss also skiped and the dialogue (and only dialogue) continued during gameplay...

I'll try the setting above sometime tommorow.

I just played through the intro and watched the cutscenes with the Charred Council. There was no audio sync issues for me and paid attention to when War spoke.

PS4 Pro here.

Cleve

I'll repeat it here because everyone must know.

On PS4 at least, the cut scene voice overs are totally out of sync plus they skip themselves often.

Do not bother without a patch.

Look at this! I'm so pissed...

Also not seeing this. What audio output is your ps4 set to?

protonion

Also not seeing this. What audio output is your ps4 set to?

I'll check tommorow (it's midnight here), but I don't think I've ever messed with audio settings...

Also only the voice overs are out of sync. The rest seems fine. And how could sound settings cause the random skips? Another user here had a cut scene crash and corrupt save file.

Pro users here don't have issues. Maybe last minute pro support did something...

Cleve

I'll check tommorow (it's midnight here), but I don't think I've ever messed with audio settings...

Also only the voice overs are out of sync. The rest seems fine. And how could sound settings cause the random skips? Another user here had a cut scene crash and corrupt save file.

Pro users here don't have issues. Maybe last minute pro support did something...

No clue really, just guessing. I'll try it on my og ps4 tonight.

Well instead doing the sensible thing and actually, you know playing the game - I decided to test this cutscene issue to see if we can get to the bottom of it. All tests were made on the first main cutscene in the game on my PS4 Pro.

So these first two videos are of the PS4 set to Dolby Bitstream in the PS4 sound settings -

Dolby Test 1

Dolby Test 2

The next two have the sound setting on Linear PCM -

Linear PCM Test 1

Linear PCM Test 2

The final two are 5 runs of the cutscene in a row for first Linear PCM and then Dolby -

Linear PCM times 5

Dolby times 5

So what do we see? Well there is definitely a little glitch on the very first Dolby video at about 1:31. Does it go out of sync after this? I think it might do.

All other tests run fine, apart from in the fourth test in the Dolby 5 run the cutscene finishes just a second or two early. I did pick up the controller in preparation to re-start the cutscene at that point so maybe I accidentally hit a button and skipped? You know I don't think I did - but it's not impossible.

So conclusions. It seems problems exist, but they aren't manifesting themselves in any real repeatable ways so far. It's probably got nothing to do with having the Linear PCM setting for your PS4 either.

If I were hazard a guess - it may be a streaming from hard drive issue. 4K cutscene bandwidth is probably pretty high and differing HD's and differing loads on the drives and PS4 could cause problems one minute and then not the next and the dev's didn't account for this.

I wonder what drives people with bad issues had? For your information I have a 2TB Seagate Firecuda SSHD in my Pro.

What drive do you have protonion?

hawk2025

This is beautiful and super smooth on PS4 Pro so far.

I'm pretty impressed.

Wish they would revisit Darksiders 2 with a Pro patch and 60fps as well.

psychotron

Pro owner reporting in. So far it's been smooth as can be and looks great. Not only is the sound in sync, but it's clear as hell. Fantastic job!

If I hadn't just replayed the PC version about a year ago I'd be all over this. Hopefully Steam owners of the franchise get a good upgrade deal.

Holy shit.. this is the most impressed i've been by a game on the pro yet! I had this on ps3, double dipped on pc, and now in for the triple. I wasn't expecting it to run this well, especially after ds2 deathinitive. Pleasantly surprised.

Wait, am I looking at the right one? This is only $20 and has pro support?!
Yes, your eyes are not deceiving you.
To many PS4 Pro impressions. How does it run on the base PS4? Not everyone has a Pro.
Karak's ACG review - https://youtu.be/Ik4qP77-mxQ is of the Xbox One version. The PS4 version is guaranteed to run at least as good and he rates it a buy.

Here's the Candyland PS3 to PS4 comparison video - https://youtu.be/N5TOmr9zi7Y

My partner tried the game on our original PS4 last night and she didn't report any problems.

Skulldead

Surprise people said the game run fine... i'm at first dungeon and i get a lot of random slowdown during combat(never happen before, which surprise me). I don't know why, but it happen more often when i use the scythe.

For 19.99 CAN, i'm impress by the port, much better then Darksider 2 one. I remember why i love this game so much. I was afraid to be disappointed, because in my memory the game was amazing, and after 3 hour, i can say this game still hold up pretty well. Enemies varieties is much better then i remember, combat is fluid and fun to combo and jungle with enemies. Also the game is much more challenging then i remember on Apocalypse.

It's remind me why i really didn't like the second one at all, they really didn't understand their first game.They are 2 opposite in term of game structure and overall quality. too bad darksider 3 will probably never happen, they could really return to their root and make another amazing Zelda-esque game.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Just got this in today, and played about 30 minutes of it, non-Pro PS4.

I'm definitely suffering from the audio sync cut-scene issue :( The opening movie played fine, but anything that's in-game rendered seems to have the issue. Sometimes a scene will play fine for a bit then there will be some audio popping/crackling noise and the scene is now out of sync with what's being said.

Also, at least one scene cut forward on itself, missing some dialogue.

Other than that, it plays just fine to me. I'll probably hold off a few days to see if it gets patched, though.

FHIZ

Yep. PS4 here, using my regular machine for the time being, lip sync is totally off, cutscene after the first boss skipped itself. Given the nature of these ports, wondering if it will ever actually get patched.

FHIZ

So, playing it on my Pro, which is out putting 5.1 dolby through an optical cable, I didn't get any sync issues and the cut scene that was skipped automatically on my base PS4 played out normally. Now I've got my gold headphones in and it might be a little off now, I can't tell, could be usual game lip sync never being 100% on point (also, I look at lip sync at work so I'm extra aware of this), but it's still way better than what was going on when I first booted it up on my base PS4.

Noooooo idea what's going on.

EDIT: For reference, my base PS4 has linear stereo audio going out of an optical, and converting it to PC speakers. Never had any audio sync problems with it before, especially as bad as this.

Anyways, looks super sharp in 4k.

So, I just encountered the same issue as others. The cut-scene skipped itself, big bummer since I don't entirely remember the story. :/
Edit: After meeting Vulgrim the audio was def out of sync. Original PS4, stereo headset.

protonion

Corleth the Fey said:
What drive do you have protonion?

Whatever launch ps4s had...

My (staight from my ass) theory, is that regular ps4s run the cut scenes in ps4 pro mode and they cannot handle them.

Alright, so after getting to Samuel. I decided to wait for a patch. It sucks that the damn thing keeps skipping cut-scenes on me. Very upsetting.

BY2K

Membero Americo
So I just noticed they re-recorded some voice overs.

When War says: "What.. is happeing?" When he starts losing his powers at the beginning of the game, the infliction is very different. Very noticeable.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I forgot that this game is actually semi-difficult... Tiamat is giving me issues.

When I played through it on 360, I did so on normal. Then my friend bought it upon my recommendation and played through on apocalyptic.

He had switched to hard for most games, and this game (him saying it wasn't very difficult and us being at similar skill levels) made me switch to mostly hard from then on.

I'm playing on Apocalyptic now, because I'd been meaning to rebuy Darksiders and play through it on hard (loved it anyways). It hasn't been too bad so far, but I'm not terribly terribly far.

Nazo

I'm not playing on Ps4 Pro but I'm also experiencing the weird audio desync in cutscenes too. I hope this gets fixed...

W.S.

Anyone know if the X1 port is any good?
I've only played up to the first Straga fight but it's pretty good so far in terms of framerate/resolution.

There's some screen tearing in spots that have a bit more going on (smoke/mist effects & packs of minions) but it's heads and shoulders above the 360 version.

DieH@rd

Banned
Should I buy this on the Steam sale or wait for the remaster?

If you want to support the release of the 3rd game, wait a few days and get the version with upgraded textures and high-res FMVs.

But if you just want to experience the game, the old version is not bad.

So has any third party confirmed that this is native 4k on Pro? If it is I'll get it because I like physical, otherwise I'll just wait for PC.

Top Bottom