• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sweden-GAF |OT| I'd Say It's Pretty Lagom

nubbe

Seriously. How do they even do it? I mean, I really have no idea. Do they just cut chunks out of it with a knife?

savages

GM1XV.jpg

Zeppelin

It doesn't have to be. I by my snus in "stockar" ("stocks"?) of 10 for 360 SEK, so 36 SEK per tin. Still kind of expensive, but a far cry from what it typically costs to buy a single tin.

(Göteborgs Rapé all the way!)

Sure... but when I got hooked they were maybe 20 SEK a pop. And I guess "logs" would be what you'd call a stock in English. :p

Personally I never really had a favourite. The one I liked the least was probably General. Too mainstream. :p

How can anyone mention Sweden without mentioning Ikea and H&M? Sweden <3.

When i used to work at Netto we had a lot of Swedish customers that come to our supermarket to buy booze. Oh do they buy booze. Cases of wine and beer. I always found the drinking and selling alcohol in Sweden to be harsh.

berg ark

Jag sitter här och avnjuter en god knäckebrödsmacka med bregott, prästost och självklart Kalles kaviar. Och ett stort, kallt, uppfriskande glas mjölk. Från arla. Dayum it feels good to be Swedish.

zam

Seriously, every smoker having trouble quitting should consider snus. It's awesome. Unfortunally it's just as expensive as smoking nowadays so I had to quit recently. But my God... morgonsnusen!
Snus is awesome, kicked my smoking habit no problem. And while a "dosa" of snus costs about the same as a pack of cigs, a dosa lasts much longer than a pack.

Swedish Match and other snus manufacturers have started selling snus in the US, any smoker trying to quit should try it out.

And morgonsnusen med kaffe is the best thing ever, breakfast of champions :p

Natetan

There's a special type of loaf bread for Christmas and Easter which is what I miss, called vörtbröd. It's darker than regular brown loaf bread. I used to eat that loaf after loaf as a kid.

I introduced some friends to a cheese slicer as they call it. It was a magical moment for them.

We had that cheese slicer at my house :) I didn't know it was Swedish. We used it to slice Gjetost.

At Christmas we always had lefse and julekake like he ones here

http://www.ingebretsens.com/foods/breads-cereals

And if course meatballs waaaay before Ikea made them popular. Loved those as a kid,

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Jag sitter här och avnjuter en god knäckebrödsmacka med bregott, prästost och självklart Kalles kaviar. Och ett stort, kallt, uppfriskande glas mjölk. Från arla. Dayum it feels good to be Swedish.

Kaviar, ja. Ost, ja. Tillsammans? Nej, nej, nej!

Zeppelin

And morgonsnusen med kaffe is the best thing ever, breakfast of champions :p

This is truth. I actually read somewhere that that particular combination will trick your brain into thinking it's not hungry. So snus is essentially a weight loss pill too!

zam

kungen2.jpg

Our king is the best king. (King and Queen of Sweden at the London Olympics)

This is truth. I actually read somewhere that that particular combination will trick your brain into thinking it's not hungry. So snus is essentially a weight loss pill too!
I can believe this, since that's what I usually have instead of breakfast and the hunger goes away. Might also be the low-carb diet I'm on, so who knows.

Drencrom

Our king is the best king. (King and Queen of Sweden at the London Olympics)

I can believe this, since that's what I usually have instead of breakfast and the hunger goes away. Might also be the low-carb diet I'm on, so who knows.

Better representation of our Knug:

jJ1Teqz2E6eS6.png

RoadHazard

Gold Member
What does "fick" mean?

It's one of those tricky things where a word can mean many different things in different contexts. "Fick" is the past tense of "få", which in turn can mean "get", "aquire", "receive", "be allowed to", "have to" (which is the closest match in this case, so "fick" would be "had to"), etc.

So, in this case: "...som Danmark fick ge upp" = "...that Denmark had to give up"

It surprises me that Sweden and Norway don't have rugbrød.

Well, we have rågbröd. Maybe it's not exactly the same thing though?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
This is the start of something beautiful...*sniff*

Good night boyos...

Pollux

How does the legal system work in Sweden? Is there anyway an American law degree could possibly translate to practicing Swedish law w/o having to do 3 more years of school?

Top Bottom