• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Age of Empires 4 announced, made by Relic (Dawn of War/Homeworld/Company of Heroes)

Anno

So this should be modernish day if we're going by the old AoE timeline picture right? Curious to see what Relic can do with the series.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
I'm going to build a gaming PC in the future just so I can play this game Day 1.

Any Age of Empires that would be dumbed down enough for consoles is not really an Age of Empires worth having. Come on lol
I disagree, but even if that was the case, it would be the perfect opportunity to bring the mouse+keyboard ability that they promised a few times already.

AOE 4? Check.
Relic?!?!?!? CHECK!

Thanks.gif

EDIT
I don't see a thread for it, but they also announced remakes of Age of Empires 2 and 3

Wait wat?

Tecnniqe

Banned
Gawd daym!

Both CA and Relic make solid games. I'm curious how this'll turn out compared to Relics latest installments.

MS and Sega on a RTS roll.

EA give Command and Conquer to Sega :(

So..... gameplay? I always find these cinematic trailer only announcements thoroughly lackluster.

This is worse than the MP4 'trailer'. I saw that it was over a minute long, got my pizza next to me and got comfortable. Only to be disappointed for a goddamn minute. At least MP4 was only a 40 seconds long.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Warcraft 4 VS Age of Empires 4

Battle of the RTS Titans.

Let's go.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I didn't see this! Using the tech from 4 then? Very cool

I think Age 2 is being made on the tech stack they did for Age 1 Definitive since Phil mentioned they were making technology with the future in mind.

Age of Empires 4 is presumably on Relic's Essence Engine.

Who would've been better than relic? Serious question, see some people doubting them because of that Warhammer? Was it a bad game? How many bad games did they make?

Also, never played AOE guess its pretty good?

No Xbox? Really?

It NEEDS to be a PC first title. Focus on KB/M. Hell, maybe the Xbox will support KB/M when this releases anyway, and they could offer that for players on Xbox.

If they nail KB/M, and then want to figure out how to add gamepad support for Xbox, then by all means. However, gamepad support must not impact the core game design or controls for PC players.

Even though MS is making big pushes into PC and Play Anywhere support, they can't let that compromise the games by mandating every title must be playable on both, including with gamepads. In some games, it simply makes sense to focus on one control scheme, and if that means not releasing on Xbox, then they should be okay to make that decision for the sake of the game.

Top Bottom