• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL - Dallas Cowboys RB Ezekiel Elliott Suspended 6 Games

Learn what "reasonable doubt" actually means please, you have no idea what you are talking about. Hint - in common law systems, if there is reasonable doubt, he is NOT guilty.

burden-of-proof-beyond-a-reasonable-doubt.jpg

Brady was "more likely than not" and as a result was "guilty" according to the NFL.

Still here. He can still get absolutely rekt. He is still an immature pos regardless of the outcome here.

But according to this new development, this particular thing people wanted him to "lol get fucked" for, didn't happen.

I think those of us defending Zeke agree zeke is immature as fuck and probably a shit head for putting himself in dumb situation after dumb situation. That doesn't make him guilty of domestic violence nor does it mean he didn't deserve a fair investigation and sentence which the nfl seems to have not done.

I wasn't even defending the guy. I just found it interesting that people were so celebratory about him "getting fucked" when we have seen this before and all knew an injunction filing was likely coming.

Whether or not he won it, we didn't know, but we knew it was coming.

I think those of us defending Zeke agree zeke is immature as fuck and probably a shit head for putting himself in dumb situation after dumb situation. That doesn't make him guilty of domestic violence nor does it mean he didn't deserve a fair investigation and sentence which the nfl seems to have not done.

Pulling a girl's top down in front of a camera w/o her consent isn't just "immature". If you aren't a famous/rich athlete, it's sexual assault.

Euphor!a

Banned
Just quoting for lol again. Too bad they didn't listen to your legal analysis.

You realize this was an injunction right? Not a legal ruling for the case? It will lose when it goes to courts, just like with Brady. (And every single other suspension that has been fought against)

prag16

Banned
Oh boo hoo. I'll play my tiny violin.

Meanwhile they likely could have justified a minimum of 2 games based on the Mardi Gras incident alone.

You realize this was an injunction right? Not a legal ruling for the case? It will lose when it goes to courts, just like with Brady. (And every single other suspension that has been fought against)

I wouldn't be so quick to bunch up Zeke Elliot as another one of suspension cases. Brady lost after the NFL appealed because judges in NY saw that the evidence of tampering was compelling (deleted messages), but they did recognize the inconsistency with Roger Goodell's punishments. With Zeke in comparison, it's going to be very hard to ignore the salient problem that the NFL fucked up the investigation process by conveniently ignoring Kia Roberts' report. Never mind that the suspension itself has no real reason for existing: you can argue that Zeke deserved some games for the topless incident, but he was still never charged for domestic violence (which again, goes back to Kia Roberts's report showing that credibility of accusations was damaged because of the lack of consistency). The problem as a whole is suspending Zeke Elliot for a myriad of actions.

Even if people argue that CBA already covers non-convictions ("conduct detrimental to the NFL etc."), the problem is going to be in proving why and how Zeke Elliot's conduct not only harmed the NFL, but also justified the 6 game suspension. Given Goodell's already inconsistent precedence, he's making it hard for himself to make a solid case.

You realize an injunction requires a legal threshold that was met and the league's actions were actually enjoined because they won in court, right? Keep moving Dem goalposts.

BajiBoxer

Banned
What a mess. Reading the article, it's a bunch of arguing over technicalities. Glad I'm not a lawyer who has to navigate this crap on a daily basis lol.

Can't applying for another injunction in New York blow up in their face?

Let's say the suspension is reinstated again in week 12. That means he's suspended for the playoffs.

Top Bottom