• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

List 5 things you would like to own, but probably won’t anytime soon.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
Really the only thing I desperately want at the moment that is out of reach is a C7 Corvette. Absolutely beautiful cars. Probably end up settling for a Challenger Scat Pack. Life is hard.

Miles X

1) Ford Mustang
2) Ticket to see Infinity War tonight (Instead of Blade Runner, not overly excited.)
3) Some of that Ruby chocolate they discovered in south america?
4) Microsoft
5) Olympic coach to teach me gymnastics

Morts

Solar panels on my house
An all-electric car
A house in a nicer neighborhood with a big deck
Maybe a beach house down the road

RC0101

1. 1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1
2. New furniture
3. Kitchen remodeling
4. Dog -daughter is deathly afraid of dogs for some reason
5. HDR 4k TV

within reason? hmm

1. a new car, electric or hybrid. SUV
2. gaming PC
3. new indoor exercise bike
4. housekeeper or cleaning service
5. hot tub

acevans2

1. A nice turntable + soundsystem
2. A remodeled bathroom (I'll narrow it down to a new shower stall)
3. A 4K, HDR-capable OLED TV
4. A paint job for my car
5. A Macbook Pro 2015

ApharmdX

Banned
I'd like to own a nice home somewhere that my kids would be happy. And a BMW M3 sedan. But I think I'll have to settle for a hot hatch like the Focus RS instead. Or maybe a Mazda RX-8 if I can find one in good condition with low miles.

Other than these two things I really can't think of anything I want.

Nord Stage 3.

I look at the so often that its pretty much the only targeted ad I get on GAF on my phone. I don't have $4500 though.

NS3-Models-88-3.jpg

2-5: New pair of $150 running shoes, A treadmill so that I can avoidPlanet Fitness during the winter, a condo, and a 🐕

1) Tesla (I don't drive)
2) A bigger TV (I just bought a 55" Sony)
3) A Neo Geo

Honestly can't think of anything else.

Minus_Me

1. 1967 Ferrari 275 GTB/4
2. Mclaren f1 ( One with factrory miles just came on the market!!!)
3. 1969 Mercedes-Benz 600 Pullman

I'm happy with everything else.

Can't really think of anything other than a house. Living in an apartment with my girlfriend(hopefully soon to be fiancé). Place is great, but obviously aspirations of a house sometime.

...enough money to never work again and travel the world. Fuck working your whole life.

killatopak

Gold Member
Still a student so everything's expensive.

High End PC
Nissan Skyline / Subaru Impreza
House
Electronic drum set
Personal training equipment like treadmills

It's not like I own everything I want, but honestly, I don't tend to "dream" about owning stuff, so I'd say I'd love to own a modern beautiful loft, not big, just with enough room for me, in front of the ocean, on top of a cliff, like this...

Cliff_House_from_Sutro_Baths_1.JPG

Or like this...

glass-house-timber-cove-exterior.jpg

Ikon

I'll just list my wishes for my future house:

A decently sized garden with room for my daughters and perhaps a dog to play in. Also a greenhouse.
A game room with a pool table and some arcade cabinets/pinball tables.
A home cinema for movie nights.
A big kitchen with a cooking island.

...enough money to never work again and travel the world. Fuck working your whole life.
Oh yeah, and a thousand times this!

New PC... It's something I put off every year because I have no use for it really. this is something I definitely won't get.
New Car. I'll probably get a new car within the next 12 months, could have used one 6 months ago but put it off.
I'd like to get a 65" 4K / HDR TV... Probably won't
I'd like to get the new Pixel XL 2, just have no real reason to other than that Google will give me $410 ffor my current Pixel and so it'd bring the price down to a reasonable $600 for the best build + insurance
New boots.

MikeyB

1. A new bicycle for commuting to work.

2. A new larger washer and dryer with the accompanying renovation to make room for them.

3. A new set of work shirts and pants.

4. An apple orchard, with a section set aside for attempting to find new marketable varietals.

5. Time. I need more time for all the things I want to do.

I have most of the stuff i would ever want already purchased, but the following 3 wont probably be any time soon.

Brand new Silverado/Sierra to replace my 2010 Silverado (will probably have to wait another 5 years)
RV Trailer (would love a T@B or other smaller lightweight model but they are pricey)
House to be paid off in full

Porsche 911 (GT2 RS preferred)
House
4K TV
VR Headset
Nintendo Switch

From least likely to most likely

It's not like I own everything I want, but honestly, I don't tend to "dream" about owning stuff, so I'd say I'd love to own a modern beautiful loft, not big, just with enough room for me, in front of the ocean, on top of a cliff, like this...

Cliff_House_from_Sutro_Baths_1.JPG

Is that Stark's home from Iron Man?

Is that Stark's home from Iron Man?

I don't have a single clue. I just googled for houses in front of the sea on top of a cliff and posted the ones I liked the most in order to illustrate my dream :D

Anyways, there are way too many people there, it doesn't look like a house, but who knows.

A song.

I personally know a successful composer, and I also know a professional singer, and it would be the most awesomest thing in the world if they could work together because they're both virtuosos so they would be able to go places unattainable in any other combination.
I'd have to "own" it because it wouldn't happen otherwise. They're signed to different labels. That's not a deal-breaker, but it does mean neither label is going to make the first move to make it happen. So the funds would need to come from a third party, either a wealthy benefactor (which I am not) or a "tie-in" like a movie or TV series that would have use for such, but whaddya know, I don't happen to be sitting on one of those either. (I know all this because I tried, and to their credit rather than ignore me, both parties were kind enough to give me a crash course in just how convoluted the music industry is.)

I'm not interested in owning; I just want this music to exist. If it means owning it, fine. But really, it's just something I want to see happen.

RMI

Banned
a house with a garage. not having one is shit in this climate. Not so much for storing cars, but as a workshop space for rain, snow, and night time activity.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Nintendo Switch

new phone

new computer

roomba

bunch of expensive home reno/repair shit

A much bigger house is the big one for me. It would mean I could have my own little sanctuary for gaming, which is my second pick. I live opposite a Ferrari garage at the moment and have to look at them and hear them everyday knowing I’ll probably never own one, so I’d have one of them if I could. Fourth pick would be one of those ridiculously overpowered and pointless £20k custom gaming PCs. It’s the kind of thing I could never justify, but it’d be cool to have one. And for my fifth and final choice, I’d like another couple of dogs, but probably need the bigger house before it’s realistic.

Clearos

1. A smaller and modernized cape house. (Bought current house at wrong time so I need the market to go back up so i don't sell at a loss)

2. CERVELO P3

3. A DDR arcade machine

4. Kayak.

5. ....no idea. personal gym in my garage.

- Aston Martin

- House on a cliff with an infinity pool

- 4K TV with Dolby Atmos audio setup

- One of those microscope-looking record cleaning machines that turn VG discs to EX+/NM

- Mobile suit

GhaleonEB

I want a few tools for which I don't have a specific need right now:

trim router
new hand plane
three more pipe clamps because you can never have too many

We're going light on spending for a few months, so they may appear early next year.

Hmm. I honestly can't think of anything else, because the other odds and ends I'm already planning to purchase. I'm pretty content.

v1lla21

1) house in Monterey/ Pacific Grove/ Carmel. Which ever.
2) Nissan Silvia S15 Spec R
3) Mercedes SLS AMG Black Series
4) A nice little boat so I can go fishing
5) one of em dope ass, expensive grills for carne asada 😎

1) Lakeside cabin in NH or ME
2) A Tesla
3) Sega CDX
4) Solar Panels (this is actually maybe sorta possible)
5) Hagane: The Final Conflict

1) A solar power system
2) A fruit/nut orchard
3) Cimate controlled storage (i.e. a basement)
4) An electric vehicle
5) An airplane

I imagine I'll own an electric vehicle in the not too distant future and I'm confident I'll check off 1-3 before I retire; but I doubt I'll ever have the money for my own airplane.

Betty

Banned
Metal Gear REX & RAY 3A figures - Discontinued :(
IMG_6571.jpg

342648_scr1_a.png

Akira Manga Boxset - Just a bit too pricey right now, I can afford it but I can't reason with myself that it's worth it at the current price.
51om4RunuVL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Shiba Inu - Really expensive and I don't think my cat would approve.
220px-Shiba_inu_taiki.jpg

Home Cinema - Super expensive and my house just isn't big enough to accommodate.
cornflake_cinema.jpg

Top Bottom