• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alright that's enough. The pumpkin spice craze has officially gone too far.

kendrid

Banned
Seriously what food are you guys eating? Because I've never tasted cinnamon and cloves and thought "man this needs to be on some meat."

LOL you and my wife's taste buds are the same. She hates meat with any cinnamon flavor at all. She says cinnamon should only be used in baked goods (rolls, etc).

ascii42

Not even a little bit. I had rajili spiced wings for lunch and some green curry pork loin for dinner. I just don't want pumpkin spice anything anywhere near my sausage.
I’m pretty sure most of the spices in pumpkin spice, including cinnamon and cloves, can be found in curry recipes.

NewFresh

We actually made some of this at the company I work for and it was really good. More like a sweet and savory with light cinnamon sausage.

Try it op. Stop hating.

jbug617

Banned
should start popping up at the end of the month
15401809686_4d05a82533_z.jpg

lenovox1

I looked this up to see what was in it before reserving judgment.

It's pizza crust, pumpkin pie filling, and mozzarella cheese.

I don't think cheese goes with pumpkin pie filling. I'd be willing to try it but it just doesn't make sense to me. They should have found a substitute for the cheese.

They could have used a marzipan or cream cheese instead.

Genryu

Banned
I looked this up to see what was in it before reserving judgment.

It's pizza crust, pumpkin pie filling, and mozzarella cheese.

I don't think cheese goes with pumpkin pie filling. I'd be willing to try it but it just doesn't make sense to me. They should have found a substitute for the cheese.

I dunno, Cheddar goes well with apple pie so I guess I'd have to taste that pizza to see.

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
I had a pumpkin spice ale a few weeks ago and had to force myself to finish it.

Fucking vile.

Rran

Huge pumpkin spice fan here. Upon reading the thread title, my initial response was undoubtedly, "no."

After having read said thread, it is now an affirmative, "yes."

Derwind

Pumpkin Spice is a mixture of Cinnamon, Ginger, Cloves, Nutmeg & Allspice.

Meat goes well with all of those spices.

Why is this a problem?

Oppo

yeah sausages are probably the closest thing to coffee (or maybe pasta) in terms of pure flavour / spice experimentation. this actually seems alright.

I wish I liked pumpkin/pumpkin spice, so many great fall flavored items I'll never really enjoy =/ Though I don't think I'd eat pumpkin spice flavored sausage even if I liked the flavor. Oh well it'll be the holiday season soon and I can get my fill of Candy Cane this, Peppermint that, sugar cookies and cinnamon. Maybe I'll try eggnog for the first time too.

bebop242

I mean, it's still a sausage, so I'd probably still eat it #CarnivoreGAF

But on a different note, I tried the Pumpkin Spice Cheerios over the weekend and those were fucking disgusting.

Almost bought those Cheerios last week. Apparently dodged a bullet. Went with Thin Mint cereal instead, lol which were ok.

Sweet flavor and sausage go together ok. At least, I like pancake syrup and sausage together. So it's not out of the realm of possibility that other weird matches might work too. Not sure how pumpkin spice would play out.

pablito

I'd normally agree with the OP, but idk I'd try it. My wife's uncle will hunt boar every year and invite the whole family to make sausage. People will put in wacky stuff just to see how it tastes, and pretty much all of it is pretty okay.

Is it that weird to pair pumpkin spice with sausage, a meat product which is a blank canvas for any flavor combination your fucked up mind can dream up? Maybe the experience is like eating regular sausage with a side of mash pumpkin. I wouldn't buy it, but if someone offered me a bite I'd try it.

Came expecting pumpkin spice enema, leaving disappointed

OP seems like it could actually sorta make sense but I agree with the sentiment

Top Bottom