• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyrim VR + PSVR £250

Lucifon

Great price but the PSVR is the kind of thing I want to play at a friend's house for one evening then be done with it. I know if I bought one I'd play it for a few days then put it in the cupboard and not look at it again. All the wires and lack of HDR pass through on the current model just makes it a hassle to use.

Still if you're in the market for one this is a pretty awesome price with Skyrim included.

Unknown?

Great price but the PSVR is the kind of thing I want to play at a friend's house for one evening then be done with it. I know if I bought one I'd play it for a few days then put it in the cupboard and not look at it again. All the wires and lack of HDR pass through on the current model just makes it a hassle to use.

Still if you're in the market for one this is a pretty awesome price with Skyrim included.
The Skyrim bundle has HDR pass through and improved wires.

Z3M0G

Is it comfortable for someone with glasses?
Yes. But risky for the lenses rubbing... install small rubber bumpers on the outside borders of the lenses. Or take some 3d glasses from theater, rip out the lenses, and wear them over your own glasses. (Yes, i wear 2 sets of frames in the headset sometimes lol)

Wait, so the new psvr headset is a massive improvement over the original set? Is it a gaurentee to get a new version of I order a set that includes skyrim vr? (In the UK)

Minamu

So no move wands? How much are those? I've been told that old wands might be broken from lack of use? The battery and such.

Edit: I have the blue ps4 surround headphones. Can I use them comfortably with psvr??

Toe-Knee

So no move wands? How much are those? I've been told that old wands might be broken from lack of use? The battery and such.

Edit: I have the blue ps4 surround headphones. Can I use them comfortably with psvr??

Old ones are fine. I got one from cex for £18 as I anyway had one. No issues.

The headset fits over nicely but you have to use it wired into the headset cabling to get full 3d audio.

I only bought the starter bundle a few days ago. It's been amazing but time to return it now!

Hissing Sid

Well I ordered it. If it arrives and it’s the old PSVR I’ll simply send it back and wait for them to get the revised hardware.

Thanks for the input.Does the PSVR have the problem of the lenses steaming up?

Haven't noticed it nearly as much as the gearvr and I've had both for over a year, maybe because psvr is far less tight against your face, gearvr is basically a ski mask.

That's not to say the psvr doesn't steam at all, but I've only ever noticed it as something that happens in the first couple of minutes of use at certain times of year and then goes away.

Have both.

improvement is about 30% at best

games it has yes. the rest is the 30% better

Positional tracking vs none, move controllers versus a single gearvr pointer, graphics far better, quality games vs mainly mobile trash level games, no overheating vs fairly regular overheating issues (perhaps improved on galaxy s8), better fov.

I don't know if all of that adds up to only 30% improvement on some objective scale, but for me it's the difference between a gimmick and something actually worth invisting serious playtime in.

Minamu

Old ones are fine. I got one from cex for £18 as I anyway had one. No issues.

The headset fits over nicely but you have to use it wired into the headset cabling to get full 3d audio.

I only bought the starter bundle a few days ago. It's been amazing but time to return it now!
Nice! Thanks. Gotta check if in my drawers if I have one or two wands lol. How do I wire the headphones though? Through the charger usb port?

Edit: By blue headphones I mean the older cheaper, I think Sony has released two blue sets? Still fine?

https://goo.gl/images/LncBbp

Toe-Knee

Nice! Thanks. Gotta check if in my drawers if I have one or two wands lol. How do I wire the headphones though? Through the charger usb port?

Edit: By blue headphones I mean the older cheaper, I think Sony has released two blue sets? Still fine?

The ones I have are the gold headset (same as yours) .

There's a remote on the headset cable with volume power etc it has a headphone jack.

But to be honest the earbuds that come with it are actually pretty good.

I bought one today from Smyths and have to say that whilst I love the concept and the wow factor that I got in the first hour, I can't get over the fact of how blurry the device is

I get that it's kinda low Res. I was expecting and wouldn't have been bothered by chunky pixels had they been razor sharp but they just aren't.

Skyrim to me is horrible in vr. Turning smoothly via the right analogue stick is vomit inducing and the stair step turning effect is awful too.

But more than anything, the blurriness no matter what you do.

I bought one today from Smyths and have to say that whilst I love the concept and the wow factor that I got in the first hour, I can't get over the fact of how blurry the device is

I get that it's kinda low Res. I was expecting and wouldn't have been bothered by chunky pixels had they been razor sharp but they just aren't.

Skyrim to me is horrible in vr. Turning smoothly via the right analogue stick is vomit inducing and the stair step turning effect is awful too.

But more than anything, the blurriness no matter what you do.

Was it the v2 headset you got or the v1?

Top Bottom