• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon redesigning the cast of Breakaway to be more unique. Weekly tests are coming.

They went from "Holy shit that is generic as fuck!" to "Holy shit that is generic!" so I guess it's an improvement.

Also, I like the aqua sniper.

The latest change

709069-breakaway-black-knight-teaser-1920x1080.jpg
merricksplash.jpg

https://playbreakaway.com/news/post...ansformation-introducing-merrick-the-devourer

Sho Nuff

Banned
I can't get into either of them. Old ones seem generic/disjointed; new ones are just overdesigned. The first one has better silhouette reads....I guess?

I couldn't help but read

"So we’ve unleashed the creativity of our artists and designers to reimagine our original characters"

as

"So we've made our artists do a fuckton of overtime to change their own designs to appease you! FUCK YEAH"

The whole thing went from lame-and-generic to more-flamboyantly-lame-and-generic...cool.

All the changed designs in the OP look... kinda a lot worse. They weren't particularly flashy before, but now they mostly look like Blizzard rejects. The character designs that didn't change much still mostly look good, though.

Old designs were mobile-level generic, new designs look bloated and lifeless in their own way. If you're having this much trouble trying to come up with a basic aesthetic for your game, maybe it's time to let it go.

They need to get rid of the ball. The ga!email had fun combat but the whole ball aspect just made everything a mess. If it was a more focused mode based around the combat the game would be more enjoyable.

laxu

There's a difference between interesting character designs and ones that are just overdone. These are overdone. It doesn't help that everything about this game looks like a bad carbon copy of Overwatch now.

BusterJol

Designs are coolish for some of the characters.

But like TF2 and Overwatch they need to show off these characters interacting more outside of the game in little movies to really get people to like them.

JusDoIt

Why did they ruin the Pirate Lass and Django, their two most distinctive characters? Django is just Spawn now, but I don't know what kind of alien elf sniper the pirate is supposed to be.

Well... I really dont like the design. Why is everyone going for the "colorful adult cartoon" design ? It only works when you're really good at it, cf Overwatch or Team Fortress 2. Otherwise, it gives you Battleborn, Dauntless or this...

I'd rather have copies of those games styles' than the typical white male MC design we've had for like 8+ years in the 360/PS3 generation. At least the characters now have some kind of colour.

Top Bottom