• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GeDoSaTo - Downsampling from Infinity and Beyond!

sprinkles

Looks like the same glitch that happens when you open steam overlay. Try changing the res a few times to fix it and don't open or disable steam overlay. (xfx 290 here)
Thanks, disabling Seam Overlay fixed it. Beautiful locked 60fps at 1440p rendering resolution, thank you Durante!

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
13977104116_0d2f475c16_o.png

Would be amazing if this works in the future with Sonic Generations.

This is really a godsend though, been wanting to downsample but AMD doesn't want us to for some reason.

brian!

ok one last ridiculous question, sorry! unlike the other one this is super specific

say I'm running an nvidia 635m lappy with an i5 3210m processor
am I going to get anything sweet going with gedosato?

Weird, it doesn't seem like it's working. I disabled the AA in-game, but toggling through the effects with the number keys does absolutely nothing. Have to check everything to make sure I didn't mess anything up I guess.

But even though I'm having difficulties I see others aren't. Thanks for making this Durante, you're awesome as always.

Haunted

I'll definitely jump on this for at least DSII when more of the bugs are ironed out.

Enabling everyone to downsample and modify every game is lofty goal, but it's great devs like Durante that provide tools for the community instead of "just" fixes that get such an avalanche started. :D

aeolist

Banned
dang this is working great, game looks tons better than the first one so far

hope it gets fixed to work with the overlay soon but even if it doesn't durante is a pretty cool guy for doing this

Durante

Weird, it doesn't seem like it's working. I disabled the AA in-game, but toggling through the effects with the number keys does absolutely nothing. Have to check everything to make sure I didn't mess anything up I guess.

But even though I'm having difficulties I see others aren't. Thanks for making this Durante, you're awesome as always.
Enable in-game AA.

(I slept, then I awoke as if from a nightmare)

Dr Dogg

Right I think I've found a happy medium

A few more Dead Space at 7680x3240 + 4xSGSSAA downsampled to 1920x810 (PS bicubic sharper goodness)

Can't believe how good this still looks for a game from 2008.

Dr Dogg

Couple more

Right I should stop spamming this thread no and get off to the screen shot one :p

Just do what I do and sell yourself on the street for nickels. You'll be SLI'ing in no time bb.

Bizarrely I am SLI'ing already but that doesn't solve the VRAM shortage sadly :(

... and how well it runs!

Anyway alt-tab is freezing for me in Dead Space and SweetFX SMAA is acting funny. I'll wait for some more inputs from others.

Yeah I was getting 50-60fps with about 90-95% GPU usage with the above settings. 8XSGSSAA just killed it down to 21fps and 3gb VRAM up the spout.

Also alt tabbing out of game almost gave me a seizure with the screen flickering on and off rapidly.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
im confused in the res section ):

dont understand what to change and what to not change

Durante you are a god! :D This tool makes the life of any AMD user a million times easier, it's something I always wanted to have and you just created it with so many bells and whistles like a OSD and organized screenshots that it's incredible! :)

And while my DS II is still downloading I managed to get it to work in Sonic Generations with my 7970! It's a bit tricky but it works: http://a.pomf.se/jfwkqb.png (Warning ~7mb image :p)

It's just a random screenshot I took while testing, hardly anything of beauty but it gets the point across! The only issue I noticed is that some text is sometimes garbled in the game but that might be very well the doing of the Unleashed FX Pipeline on my end.

How to:

Essentially just add

SonicGenerations
SonicGenerations.fxpipeline (only if you use the Unleashed Render Pipeline mod)
ConfigurationTool (I'm sure this isn't needed anyway)

to the whitelist. Then, since the configuration tool won't detect the downsampling resolution go inside your Sonic Generations folder and open the file GraphicsConfig.cfg.

You will find

Code:
\\.\DISPLAY1

here if you usually play in 1080p, go ahead and change the numbers to whatever you have set in GeDoSaTo, in my case it would be:

Code:
\\.\DISPLAY1

Now just run the game and enjoy! :)

NOTE: The game might appear to have crashed on start-up but let it sit for a moment at the black screen, the SEGA logo will eventually appear.

Mman235

Does it potentially work with games older than DirectX 9 (that still use DirectX)? Older games are some of the best for downsampling as you can pump it up into the stratosphere with little worry about performance loss, but the notes seem to suggest only DX9, unless that covers everything older too.

Guess I'll try it out on something and see.

Edit: As a middle-ground I tried running Unreal Tournament with a DirectX 9 renderer and it won't even start with it turned on :( . I tried making Emulate exact flipping behaviour true and that didn't help.

Edit 2: Tried to lower the resolution a bit in case it's to do with the game not dealing with super-high resolutions well but that didn't work either.

Unai

im confused in the res section ):

dont understand what to change and what to not change

renderWidth and renderHeight are the resolutions you want the game to be renderized (It should be higher than your native resolution). presentWidth and presentHeight are the actual resolution of your monitor or TV.

Does it potentially work with games older than DirectX 9 (that still use DirectX)? Older games are some of the best for downsampling as you can pump it up into the stratosphere with little worry about performance loss, but the notes seem to suggest only DX9, unless that covers everything older too.

Guess I'll try it out on something and see.

Edit: As a middle-ground I tried running Unreal Tournament with a DirectX 9 renderer and it won't even start with it turned on :( .

Does not work with Half-Life 2. I can set the resolution, but the game is broken during gameplay.

Parsnip

Since there's no 0/1 switch for downsampling, I assume that if I comment out the resolution options entirely that downsampling with gedosato is disabled? I plan to use nvidia cp downsampling for now, but would still like to use other options.

Varaladis

CIFKOPy.jpg

Whenever the steam overlay comes up while playing, this happens. Not sure if it is caused by this app or not. Don't think so but not sure.

But what you don't see here is this happened halfway through the ruin sentinel fight for me. I somehow managed to kill them from 1/3 health while barely seeing them. Felt proud

Arulan

I'm having a slight problem. I have the rendered resolution set to 1440p downsampled to 1080p. However when I change the in-game resolution setting to 1440p after enabling GeDoSaTo and saving/exiting the game (Dark Souls II) it launches in windowed mode. Only by selecting 1080p again does it revert to fullscreen.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Just tested Dishonored. Seems to work. The only problem: The mouse icon can't move freely in the screen, is limited in a small portion of it (a 16:9 box, so I guess the mouse is moving into a 1920x1080 pixel space) so navigating the menù with it is impossibile (you can use the keyboard though), but the game seemed perfectly playable, I was able to look around without any problem. I didn't notice any graphical glitches.

Runner 2 works perfectly, Splinter Cell Chaos Theory doesn't even show the custom resolution.

http://i.imgur.com/CIFKOPy.jpg[IMG]

Whenever the steam overlay comes up while playing, this happens. Not sure if it is caused by this app or not. Don't think so but not sure.

But what you don't see here is this happened halfway through the ruin sentinel fight for me. I somehow managed to kill them from 1/3 health while barely seeing them. Felt proud[/QUOTE]

[img]http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/114/b/d/disable_steam_overlay_by_aloo81-d7fu1b1.gif

Will test tonight with Dota 2 if I get home early from work.

This is so cool!

Be careful:

100%, if the anti-cheat program isn't totally worthless. It makes no attempts to hide itself.

Everytime I activate GeDoSato, I can move around for about 2 seconds, and then DarkSouls2 crashes. I got a 780 GTX, so it runs fine for those 2 seconds, then that's it. Anyone else have this problem?

oxidax

Well... i cant get this to work so im just gonna go to bed and cry :(

Im testing with the games that work according to the spreadsheet, but i dont see any other resolution on the game options other than 1920. Im supposed to be able to choose a higher res, right? im a total n00b so im probably just not understanding the whole thing :/

Unai

Well... i cant get this to work so im just gonna go to bed and cry :(

Im testing with the games that work according to the spreadsheet, but i dont see any other resolution on the game options other than 1920. Im supposed to be able to choose a higher res, right? im a total n00b so im probably just not understanding the whole thing :/

You have to edit the .ini file first. Take a look at the read-me file.

I set my settings like this.

# Graphics settings

# The actual rendering resolution you want to use,
# and how many Hz you want the game to think it works at.
#renderWidth 5120
#renderHeight 2880
renderWidth 2560
renderHeight 1440
#renderWidth 3200
#renderHeight 1800
reportedHz 120

# The resolution you want to downsample *to*.
# Should generally always be your output device pixel size and frequency.
# Writing something not supported by the display here will probably cause a crash.
#presentWidth 2560
#presentHeight 1440
presentWidth 1920
presentHeight 1080
presentHz 120

oxidax

You have to edit the .ini file first. Take a look at the read-me file.

I set my settings like this.

I did but it didn't work. I just copy and pasted yours and it worked with DmC, which wasn't working before. It still doesn't work with Dirt 3 tho but the spreadsheet says it works. But thanks!! your config made it work!

Viva Durante!!

He's not kidding. Sonic Generations can upscale to ridiculous levels and just look amazing. Here's the game downsampled from 7k to 4k with a sharpening filter in Photoshop.

Of course I'm not! :p And wow that's a great shot, I really like the grass :D

Could someone do me a favour and check if this works with Sleeping Dogs?

It doesn't seem to :( Atleast I found no way how to trigger it in Sleeping Dogs unlike Sonic Generations, sorry :/

Ifrit

Have anyone tried it with bulletstorm?

Just answering to myself, it works but you can't see menus very well (some of them show up well and some others don't) and there's some strange long loading time once you load a game. Normally it loads immediately

The game also crashed a couple of times on the main menu and get some really infrequent hiccups while playing

Using a 2GB AMD HD7850 GPU

tried to use the texture dumping setting on dark souls but it crashed the game at startup... i want to change the xbox 360 buttons for ds3 ones :S

Corpekata

Banned
So, just to be clear, in the in game DS2 settings, should I be changing my res too, or do I just need to run the program after changing the ini (no real changes needed since it defaults to 1080p, but if I wanted to)? Because I'm getting the effects, but when I hit + to get the on screen reports it says not downsampling. Thought maybe I needed to change my rez in the game settings and it still says not downsampling.

Top Bottom