• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon seems to be developing quite the fan art following already....

cant quite recognize the reference tho it looks famliar, it's drawn awesomely however!

Hahaha, yeah, I figured only those in their 30s or so will immediately get the reference. For the record, it's from Schwarzenegger's 80s flick, Commando. It's not as iconic as Platoon but it was awesome when I watched it as a kid and the movie's tagline was very conducive for Splatoon spoofing!

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Hahaha, yeah, I figured only those in their 30s or so will immediately get the reference. For the record, it's from Schwarzenegger's 80s flick, Commando. It's not as iconic as Platoon but it was awesome when I watched it as a kid and the movie's tagline was very conducive for Splatoon spoofing!
haha, i see, awesome.

Earendil

Some of us are old and have bad memories... I knew it from somewhere, but couldn't quite place it. Well done though.

popyea

Didn't know whether to do a boy or girl, but I liked how it looked with both hair styles so I left it. Here's a version with the boy part removed. Tentacle hair is such a cool concept, I hope there are more hair styles in the final game.

ibfMpM7vHujy6U.png

Didn't know whether to do a boy or girl, but I liked how it looked with both hair styles so I left it. Here's a version with the boy part removed. Tentacle hair is such a cool concept, I hope there are more hair styles in the final game.

ibfMpM7vHujy6U.png
Cool, the line "Here's a version with the boy part removed" got a giggle out of me too. Context is everything I guess ;D

So, made this on and off over the weekend. I hope the old farts here will know the reference!
lol nice. "I don't need the gun John. I can beat you. I DON'T NEED NO GUN!"

Thought this one was cool
Imp Midna as an inkling? Glorious! :D

A quick raid of http://splatoon.tumblr.com/ turned up these:

I suspect Nintendo breaking their current silence on any further info would probably inject a bit more life into both splatoon threads in general. No lack of further fan-art being made either way though :D

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Touching it up by hand is probably the best... I'm browsing with dark theme and I still see white edges...

Evilmaus

Splatoon is one of the games I'm looking forward to most. For the first time in a long time, I'm actually really excited about what Nintendo is bringing to the table.

It's great to see this game developing such a strong following so early. All this art looks awesome!

Great thread, hopefully Nintendo will see the reaction to the Splatoon characters as an indication they've been relying on Mario, Kirby and Co too much

here is one with transparency. I hate it when they use colors on the background that matches the outline, as can be seen by the elbow hole of the hand she is using to hold the gun. Makes life a bit harder.
9WcFm.png

edit: and if you want more, go to the forum avatar request thread. There are more professional(?) people there, plus you can ask for more things like borders and crap. And I lurk there as well.

here is one with transparency. I hate it when they use colors on the background that matches the outline, as can be seen by the elbow hole of the hand she is using to hold the gun. Makes life a bit harder.
9WcFm.png

edit: and if you want more, go to the forum avatar request thread. There are more professional(?) people there, plus you can ask for more things like borders and crap. And I lurk there as well.

Oooh, much kudos dear Sir! Slightly tweaked and avatar'd ^_^ Thanks!

That Splatoon Tumblr is a pretty great thing. I love this art and I love this thread. May it never rest.

Here's another one, not sure if old:

By zunda

Love the brushwork going on here. I'm looking for the origin of the two artworks I've posted so far. Would like to give the artists some credit, but haven't found anything yet. Any ideas? EDIT: Thanks gngf123, posts updated!

gngf123

That Splatoon Tumblr is a pretty great thing. I love this art and I love this thread. May it never rest.

875.jpg

Love the brushwork going on here. I'm looking for the origin of the two artworks I've posted so far. Would like to give the artists some credit, but haven't found anything yet. Any ideas?

I found the Pixiv page for the artist of that one the other day. I'll post it here when I'm on my PC.

EDIT:

I believe this is it: http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=44254101

Alfebit

Banned
I like this one a lot.

875.jpg

Love the brushwork going on here. I'm looking for the origin of the two artworks I've posted so far. Would like to give the artists some credit, but haven't found anything yet. Any ideas?

I love all of these. I'm glad this thread isn't completely dead.

I found the Pixiv page for the artist of that one the other day. I'll post it here when I'm on my PC.

EDIT:

I believe this is it: http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=44254101

Many thanks!

Lot of stuff on there. Here's one more:

XcFOMX3.jpg

By youday

I see a lot of favourites being (re)posted as well :). There's still one more I'd like to post. It was posted earlier, but removed due to somewhat questionable content. I'll see if I can edit that one and repost it.

Mdk7

875.jpg

By zunda

Love the brushwork going on here. I'm looking for the origin of the two artworks I've posted so far. Would like to give the artists some credit, but haven't found anything yet. Any ideas? EDIT: Thanks gngf123, posts updated!
<3

Top Bottom