• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

what jrpg are you playing right now ?

John Blade

Playing MS Saga: A New Dawn for the PS2.
MSSagacover.jpg

None.

:(

I would like to be playing Suikoden II but

1. It's not on PSN
2. It doesn't exist in any physical form at a reasonable price

Fire Emblem Awakening. Kinda stopped though, had a blast, about 30 hours in. Lost interest now though, I'll probably trade it in soon.

Fire Emblem Awakening, or is that a jSRPG?
Feels more like a JRPG somehow in comparison to other entries in the series. Especially with the possibility to grind, using a world map, relatively short battles and so on. Technically it is SRPG though.. but I treat it like a JRPG, too.

Fire Emblem Awakening and Ys Seven, both good for short bursts. Having a break on Persona 2 IS, I am apparently somewhere in the middle of the game, but I plan to return to that when I have the time and patience.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Started Final Fantasy IX again today.
Just made it out of the Evil Forest around 4 hours in.

m0t0k1

I am Playing Sakura Wars, So long my love and Fire Emblem Awakening. Dunno if you can count that as RPG in the most traditional sense :lol.

Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories.

Soon to start The Last Remnant.

I just started Star Ocean: The Last Hope. It's neat so far. Hopefully it stays good - the reviews weren't so hot.
It can sometimes get hard to watch, but I thought it was a good journey overall. Good luck with it.

Bardiche

I've been playing Soul Hackers. I still need to have a serious playthrough rather than playing in small increments, but I'm enjoying the game a lot.

I just started Star Ocean: The Last Hope. It's neat so far. Hopefully it stays good - the reviews weren't so hot.

Let's know if you reach the second planet sir. That's where I stopped and had enough, bleh.

Any who right now nothing, waiting on Fire Emblem: Awakening in the mail though ; )

randomkid

The RPG I'm playing right now is Shin Megami Tensei 2. It's pretty damn good!

Had to take a break from Soul Hackers in order to start it, which is unfortunate since I was enjoying that too. But SMT4's a coming and I gotta get ready. Eternal Punishment's also in the queue. Freaking Atlus is utterly monopolizing my game time, I don't really know how to handle it.

ryushe

Persona 4 Golden.

Just finished P3P (such a damn good game that one) and while P4G is a great game, I'm honestly not enjoying the story or characters as much as P3.

Also replaying Fire Emblem Awakening on hard with a female MU while occasionally loading my old file to play new DLC as they come out.

FluxWaveZ

Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers. Game's old enough that reading the manual is pretty much necessary to understand what one's doing, but it's pretty fun.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
In order of most to least played.

Dungeon Travelers 2: Ouritsu Toshokan to Mamono no Fuuin (PSP)
7th Dragon 2020-II (PSP)
Sword Art Online: Infinity Moment (PSP)
Summon Knight 4 (PSP)
Summon Knight 5 (PSP)
Tales of Graces F (PS3)
Disgaea D2 (PS3)

Fuck the reviews, if you are enjoying the game thats all that should matter as a gamer.

The World Ends With You. Giving this another shot after not feeling it the first time around back when it was released. Now I sort of get it and enjoy it, but it still feels like you need to be fucking Tenshinhan to play this well.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Right now Tales of Graces F which I'm having quite a lot of fun. (Dat combat)

I did find gaf reaction to the story being bad extremely exaggerated. It's mostly cheesy anime plot with the power of friendship. The MC its dumb as fuck tho. #TeamPascal

"Everyone thinks we should leave through the butt. Lets search for the butt, Cheria. It's the only way." -Sophie

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
The World Ends With You. Giving this another shot after not feeling it the first time around back when it was released. Now I sort of get it and enjoy it, but it still feels like you need to be fucking Tenshinhan to play this well.

It just takes a little bit getting used to. Once you are, its second nature. That and getting stronger badges to use.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Last Remnant on PC, slow and steady while I play other things so I don't get burned on it. Game is massive. It's great and creative, and very fun after you understand the systems and what the hell is going on the screen, which admittedly requires investment at first.

Videoneon

I am Playing Sakura Wars, So long my love and Fire Emblem Awakening. Dunno if you can count that as RPG in the most traditional sense :lol.

A Sakura Wars player? You may want to check out the thread I made for a guy doing a text-translated LP of Sakura Wars 1. He's doing it as part of a campaign to spread awareness of the series. He comes out with a chapter every Saturday, so he'll update today too!

---

As for me, it's Atelier Ayesha that's getting the most attention.

Right now Tales of Graces F which I'm having quite a lot of fun. (Dat combat)

I did find gaf reaction to the story being bad extremely exaggerated. It's mostly cheesy anime plot with the power of friendship. The MC its dumb as fuck tho. #TeamPascal

"Everyone thinks we should leave through the butt. Lets search for the butt, Cheria. It's the only way." -Sophie

The story is dull but I don't think it was utter shit like most of GAF seemed to think. One thing that bugged me a lot about the plot was how the world related to it, but that's a comment for when the game is beaten. And yeah, Asbel is dense.

Amazing skits though.

zroid

Banned
lol, so many. I love jrpgs but I have a hard time finishing them, lately. So I just pick up another one.

isual

Last Remnant, slow and steady while I play other things so I don't get burned on it. Game is massive. It's great and creative, and very fun after you understand the systems and what the hell is going on the screen, which admittedly requires investment at first.

mah nigga. this is one heck of a jrpg.

dem sidequests. dem bonus bosses. that four arm dude's super special attack (if you can unlock it)

beating that bonus boss in 7 turns. shiettt

Varg

Banned
Just bought Dark souls and Metro 2033 for pc, but after getting into Legend of legaia and Valkyrie profile on my ps1 emulator, I can't seem to get the urge to start them. I've never played these two rpgs and DAMN are they good.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

Stop right now, you'll suffer brain damage if you go any further.

I'm currently playing Soul Hackers... still. I've been lazy with gaming lately...

Unlike most people I thoroughly enjoyed this game. My only problem with it was the ending, and this one overly stupid and insanely hard battle. You will probably know which one it is when you get to it but I swear it can only be beaten on easy difficulty. I wish I could punch whoever thought that battle would be good in the face. For those that beat the game the battle I'm talking about is the battle where
you have to fight like 10 waves of enemy soldiers once you get the final party member. I couldn't even get past the 4th wave on normal difficulty and it made me hate the game a little because of that one battle.

Btw I'm currently playing Wild Arms Code F on PS2.

isual

Just bought Dark souls and Metro 2033 for pc, but after getting into Legend of legaia and Valkyrie profile on my ps1 emulator, I can't seem to get the urge to start them. I've never played these two rpgs and DAMN are they good.

mah nigga. legend of legaia is one heck of a long game.
getting those summons is fun !

valkyrie profile is the best ! play it on hard to get the most out of the game and the best ending ! - you kind of have to if you want to get all the einhenjar !

Top Bottom