• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So.... I inherited an old Japanese Game Center

Cheerilee

an elderly woman bought a building
A guy claiming to be the boyfriend of the woman's grand daughter

Grandma bought the building? Fact.

OP is a guy? Fact.

OP is connected to the story by way of a Japanese girlfriend? That's the only part of the story which doesn't seem realistic, so we'll put that one down as "alleged".

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks

OP is a guy? Fact.

OP is connected to the story by way of a Japanese girlfriend? That's the only part of the story which doesn't seem realistic, so we'll put that one down as "alleged".

looool

Shaneus

Oh wow.

Gizmodo's source is Geek.com. Geek's source is RetroCollect. RetroCollect's source is finally the OP's thread.
I might've even had something to do with it. A few weeks back I tweeted a link to an Australian retro gaming Twitter account/site. May have followed on from there maybe.

OP is a guy? Fact.

Oh this is too much. hahaha

How else would I have access to take all those pictures?

Pfft, and they were going to just throw it out. ;P
It would have cost quite a chunk of change to throw that out in Japan so someone bring allowed to just take the whole thing isn't even that outlandish. Grandma probably expected OP to end up paying the disposal fees himself.

Top Bottom