• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends |OT19| Three-Fifths of a Thread

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I haven't kept up with the podcasts since the Matt x Woolie cast a few weeks ago that I actually got bored with. Feels weird, I've never been behind on the podcast before.

I was just about to ask if anyone else had been getting a bit tired of the podcast, then I come in here and see that I'm clearly not the only one. :lol You'd think I'd at least use the podcast as BGM while grinding away in XIV, but nope.

Seriously though, I haven't listened to a podcast or actively watched any videos in ages. I think I'm starting to lose my last bit of interest in the Best Friends. Eh.

Edzi

I was just about to ask if anyone else had been getting a bit tired of the podcast, then I come in here and see that I'm clearly not the only one. :lol You'd think I'd at least use the podcast as BGM while grinding away in XIV, but nope.

Seriously though, I haven't listened to a podcast or actively watched any videos in ages. I think I'm starting to lose my last bit of interest in the Best Friends. Eh.

I feel like I'm getting there myself.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
There's just something to watching Pat. I can't stop watching SBF.

Yeah, those guys are just so ingrained in my personal schedule that it would feel kind of weird for me at this point to just stop watching. Tho I recently started dating this girl, and I noticed my free time as basically been a third to a fourth of what it was and I miss way more videos now. I mean, I could sit her down and we can watch it together, but hahahahaha no. I can think of only a few less romantic things than sitting down and watching two men badly play dark souls.

Anung

Un Rama
Liam says "you reap what you sow" in response to JonTron being dropped by Playtonic.

Confirmed not a shit head good stuff!

Edzi

Liam says "you reap what you sow" in response to JonTron being dropped by Playtonic.

I wonder what their relationship with JonTron was even like. I remember Woolie in particular gushing over him after they briefly met and hung out at a con, and there were hints at them working together behind the scenes on something... But then I also remember Woolie lamenting the fact that Jon seemed to never get back in touch. Kinda funny now in retrospect.

I wonder what their relationship with JonTron was even like. I remember Woolie in particular gushing over him after they briefly met and hung out at a con, and there were hints at them working together behind the scenes on something... But then I also remember Woolie lamenting the fact that Jon seemed to never get back in touch. Kinda funny now in retrospect.

Most of the indications I've gotten is that Jon wasn't 24/7 crazypants or anything back then, his political opinions were mostly private and if he ever did voice them, it was hard to suss them out from the general background noise of so many other jokes. Like, if he said something that seemed kind of crazy, you could have easily assumed he was doing a bit.

The only people I imagine really spent enough time around him to know when he wasn't joking were probably people like Egoraptor.

I actually really like Danny for being just an earnestly fun guy and having a sort-of outsider perspective on the whole deep nerd gaming culture, but most of the games the Grumps play these days just have zero interest for me.

Sempai~~~

I actually really like Danny for being just an earnestly fun guy and having a sort-of outsider perspective on the whole deep nerd gaming culture, but most of the games the Grumps play these days just have zero interest for me.

Danny is deffo the best reason to watch GG, unfortunately Im a bit behind on them as well.

It's been a while since I saw a Resident Evil game that someone obviously actually enjoyed making.

PS: "You don't know how strict his Boner Meter is" would have made a great podcast title.

Danny is literally the only reason to watch GG at all these days. He's adorable.

A.J.

Banned

My favorite is still Liam explaining why diversity is good for games while failing super hard at Paper Mario. He's giving a nice little statement frequently interrupted by his own salt.

Dunno why people expected Liam to be a right-winger (cuz hes the anime guy I guess?)

They all seem more left leaning but they don't really talk about it. Matt has been dumping on Trump recently with ending sentences with SAD!

Dunno why people expected Liam to be a right-winger (cuz hes the anime guy I guess?)

They all seem more left leaning but they don't really talk about it. Matt has been dumping on Trump recently with ending sentences with SAD!
I don't think anyone expected them to be right wing, but you never know what a person may be willing to find acceptable... People just want to be sure I guess (myself included).

Exodust

Banned
I don't really get needing to know anybody's political leanings to enjoy their work. It's if it ever comes spewing out as abhorrent shit where you need to take a step back.

Thankfully I never liked JonTron, so when that shit came out I was like "well, dude always seemed like a moron but it seems like he's much worse".

Order

I don't really get needing to know anybody's political leanings to enjoy their work. It's if it ever comes spewing out as abhorrent shit where you need to take a step back.

Thankfully I never liked JonTron, so when that shit came out I was like "well, dude always seemed like a moron but it seems like he's much worse".
Reassurance that I'm not supporting a bigot

MrHoot

Plague is cool. He might not agree with everything but he's also a very smart dude (been hopping on his streams several times). Definitively more a centrist but not a dumb one.

I honestly don't think it's healthy to look -too- deep into people, it's kind like a paparazzi obsession. Unless they say something out in public truely bad I don't think it's worth it.

Plus i mean....look where we are and the title of this thread

Village

I'm not saying eli is jontron, but him not agreeing with my views isn't the problem. Some of the shit he posts on twitter is.... ehhhhhhhhh.

As for the joke in the title, they were poking fun an horrible aspects of the history of the Americas. That's fine, I am a blackmen. That's cool ,it wasn't a good time.

MrHoot

That was one of the best jokes ever made by these dorks.

Made by Liam no less.

Of course, the blackest member of the best friends

I'm not saying eli is jontron, but him not agreeing with my views isn't the problem. Some of the shit he posts on twitter is.... ehhhhhhhhh.

As for the joke in the title, they were poking fun an horrible aspects of the history of the Americas. That's fine, I am a blackmen. That's cool ,it wasn't a good time.

I see where you're coming from, but he also condemned the alt-right behaviour on his stream, making fun of them, or how when americans are faced with one perceived extreme, they go to another equally stupid extreme and so forth. Plus he's very aware I think of history and injustices in his country so yeah. I think sometimes he can say some dummie things but really I don't think he's in that same ballpark

Village

I'm with Woolie.

Funko-pops are fucking shit.

Woolie is wrong

There is 1 good set of funko pops

goldenfreddy.jpg

The fnaf funko pops actually unique and interesting because not only do they change the heads and limbs the weird aestetic funko pops have fits with the anamatronic look

Fat4all

Banned
The only Pops I can stand to look at are the ones where they cover up/have to use different eyes

The eyes are the worst part, they consistently ruin the characters designs

Frimaire

Okay, so watching them try to figure out the lock combination in the new RE is pretty painful...
I thought for sure that they would realize it after looking at the solution a second time...

Matsukaze

Eli ( plague of gripes) is kinda.... ehhh
Plague forfeited his good standing in my books when he started dropping a certain six-letter gay slur in his Overwatch stream many moons ago.

It's like, nah dude. I don't care if you're losing and your teammates are not being helpful. The "he only said it cuz he was really angry" defense doesn't fly with me.

Menitta

I'm with Woolie.

Funko+s_8369b3_6213957.jpg

I don't particularly care for Chibi stuff like Nendoroids, but given the choice, I'd take a Nendoroid any day.

Xux

Okay, so watching them try to figure out the lock combination in the new RE is pretty painful...
I thought for sure that they would realize it after looking at the solution a second time...
I feel like I almost had a heart palpatation when I realised the solution and was like "No, go back and look in the back of the book you fuckin shits!"

I'm with Woolie.

Funko+s_8369b3_6213957.jpg

I don't particularly care for Chibi stuff like Nendoroids, but given the choice, I'd take a Nendoroid any day.

I would much rather buy one Nendoroid then 4 Funko Pops, which equals out to about the same price.

If I really care about something enough to buy merch like a drone, I'll buy quality stuff

Top Bottom