• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*NO BOOK SPOILERS* Game of Thrones - Season 2 - Sundays on HBO (read rules in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB1981

Great episode. Story really moving now. Renly offed like it was nothing. Bran has gift of foresight. Winterfell getting attacked. Dragons maturing, Tyrion using wildfire. Need to see next ep now !!!!

Moaradin

Holy shit, I loved this episode. I actually think it might be my favorite in the whole series so far. So much has happened and everything just clicked for me.

And just like that Renly ceased to be. Dat shit b cray! Guess the smoke was just a plot device so you wouldn't think Brienne sucks as a guard.

Loved the Harrenhal events, the Arya - Tywin exchange, the Red dude. So great.
Pumped to see how Bran will fare unprotected and what will be of Stannis x chemical weapons of mass destruction.
Daenerys boring as usual.

Hodor x 2

A nice long episode tonight. A lot of movement, and some serious developments with the Baratheon's, Dany, and Arya.

One quick note. Comcast's episode guide for tonight's episode had a spoiler surrounding Renly's demise. It says something along the lines that the Baratheon conflict comes to an end. Thank God I don't read those things before the episodes.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
So, what is happening north of the wall?

I don't quite remember what's the deal and why they're marching north. I also didn't quite understand the conversation they were having on top of that mountain.

Some Rangers came back and detected somebody or a group of people atop another mountain? There was something about "he was one of us, and now he's one of them". Who/what are they talking about? If somebody could recap, I'll be glad.

Des0lar

will learn eventually

I don't quite remember what's the deal and why they're marching north. I also didn't quite understand the conversation they were having on top of that mountain.

Some Rangers came back and detected somebody or a group of people atop another mountain? There was something about "he was one of us, and now he's one of them". Who/what are they talking about? If somebody could recap, I'll be glad.

It's the Wildlings and they guy who was once one of them is their leader. . I don't know if their leaders name dropped in the show so I'm not gonna say more.

They've talked about Mance Rayder, the King beyond the Wall, since early in season one. Might have even been the first episode. Should be no problem talking about it

I thought they were referencing the discoveries they made when Jon was sworn in. They found a a Wildling(?), a horse, but no rider, who was one of the people from the Wall crew.

Edit:

This was from "You Win or You Die" in Season 1.

sangreal

a few things happened in season 1:
1) Benjen Stark (Jon's uncle) went missing beyond the wall, and his horse came back without him
2) The Lord Commander was attacked by a zombie/wight

We also learned that the wildlings that live beyond the wall have been organizing. The Night's Watch left to investigate what is going on, and what happened to Stark. When they met with the guy with all the daughters (Caster?), he told them that there is basically a king of the wildlings now, although I don't remember his name. I'm pretty sure this is who they were talking about in tonight's episode

Also, that guy Ned beheads in the first episode was fleeing the wight walkers from beyond the wall as well

Tywin would be the most dangerous target (in Harrenhaal), so it would make sense to name him last, to make sure he succeed and lives long enough to shank three people. Also, Tywin is also kind of ensuring that she stays alive at this point.

big ander

"Anyone can be killed."

Fuuuuuuuck. So good. When that line was said the entire group I watch with was quiet for a full 5 seconds, then someone broke the silence with:
"This is the most scared I have been or ever will be of a 12-year-old girl."
Awesome episode.

demolitio

That staredown...Damn.

This show flies by in comparison to everything else. It's one of those shows that ends as soon as you're REALLY intrigued what's going to happen. It has the perfect hook that keeps you coming back for more.

I hope HBO has success long enough to go through every book. I hope fan fatigue doesn't happen a season or two from now because I don't want another Rome where production costs are an issue after viewers drop. Hell, I'd definitely read the books if I had to.

What's more of a concern: the wildlings or the white walkers?

Osha is a wildling who's cleaned up pretty nicely, I might add. The white walkers are the ones we should be more scared of. They started off the show in season one and seems to be a killing force. Nights Watch is at the wall to protect the North from the walkers.

BigDug13

That staredown...Damn.

This show flies by in comparison to everything else. It's one of those shows that ends as soon as you're REALLY intrigued what's going to happen. It has the perfect hook that keeps you coming back for more.

I hope HBO has success long enough to go through every book. I hope fan fatigue doesn't happen a season or two from now because I don't want another Rome where production costs are an issue after viewers drop. Hell, I'd definitely read the books if I had to.

Well James Gandolfini is no longer extorting huge payouts from HBO for another season of The Sopranos, resulting in two cancelled highly rated shows, so hopefully not.

demolitio

Well James Gandolfini is no longer extorting huge payouts from HBO for another season of The Sopranos, resulting in two cancelled highly rated shows, so hopefully not.

LOL. Good point. I just hope the casual viewer is engrossed in the universe enough that they'll want to keep watching for many seasons. They gotta keep people's attentions which is happening for sure this season and actually growing some, but a 2 seasons from now is unknown. It's a weird market, but if True Blood can last that long, surely a really good show like GoT can too.

I think this is the show that has a deep enough universe and enough characters that it could last for centuries. :D

Future

Didn't like that ending. Pretty much knew he'd kill the guy (she only named 1, of course he wouldn't fail right away). So a lame hook to end the episode on.

I'm starting to forget where the paralyzed kid fits into all this, and where all the factions are currently actually. Especially since they keep teasing everything and no one actually ever meets each other. Still dig the show, but man having a hard time following the details

sangreal

Didn't like that ending. Pretty much knew he'd kill the guy (she only named 1, of course he wouldn't fail right away). So a lame hook to end the episode on.

I'm starting to forget where the paralyzed kid fits into all this, and where all the factions are currently actually. Especially since they keep teasing everything and no one actually ever meets each other. Still dig the show, but man having a hard time following the details

How can you be forgetting about the paralyzed kid? He had a pretty huge role in this episode

Sirius

^^
ic08q.gif

Honestly though, .. brilliant episode.

Knew that guy was the assasin...

Amir0x

Banned
What's more of a concern: the wildlings or the white walkers?

Considering what we know about the waking white walkers so far in the show, it would seem they're definitely the biggest threat. Since if you remember in season 1 when Osha was asked where she was going, she says "South. As far South as I can get", or something like that, and she goes on about there being "darker things in the night" and such. Clearly a reference to the White Walkers waking up.

If even the Wildings are running from the White Walkers, I think you have your answer :p

"Anyone can be killed."

Fuuuuuuuck. So good. When that line was said the entire group I watch with was quiet for a full 5 seconds, then someone broke the silence with:
"This is the most scared I have been or ever will be of a 12-year-old girl."
Awesome episode.

Haha, so glad you saw Arya that way

Jake.

dope episode - any guesses to what arya's next two choices will be? regardless of whether they actually die, i am gonna go with the mountain and joffrey.

JGS

Banned
Honestly, I wasn't really feeling this episode too much (Maybe it is the sex scenes). I thought the story prgression was great and Arya/Tywin scene was one of the best of the season. However, the dialogue seemed stilted. It was a show designed to lead us somewhere.

Renly dying was a foregone conclusion, but did they really have to spell out the deal with the Starks prior to that as if he just announced he was doing his last police investigation before retiring in 2 days.

Also, I didn't grasp how Renly would be the only one negotiating a peace negotiation with the Starks. He had more people visiting with his brother the previous episode. That told me not only that Renly was going to die, but they were also going to frame Cat &/or Brienne for it.

Violet_0

Banned
Great episode, but zero boobs - my mind can't comprehend this yet.

The assassin guy is quickly becoming one of my new favorite characters, and I'm starting to warm up for Daenerys. Also, I wonder if we've seen the last of the shadow creature yet.

Zeroboob == worst episode

Nahh it was pretty great. Everybody i like was being awesome (Danerys, Tyrion, Arya, Jon) no King Joffery to cringe about, Renly just taken over just like that...but I think some big changes are coming...I think this is just the calm before the storm

Road

I was confused when they said Jon Snow killed a "white"? Had to Google it and realize the word used was "wight". Maybe it was written wight in the subtitles -- should've paied more attention to to those.

Also, hopefully we'll get a BS explanation from Melisandre about how she can only do that once, or else I'll be thinking "why she just doesn't send a shadow to kill person x" every time.

iNvid02

I was confused when they said Jon Snow killed a "white"? Had to Google it and realize the word used was "wight". Maybe it was written wight in the subtitles -- should've paied more attention to to those.

Also, hopefully we'll get a BS explanation from Melisandre about how she can only do that once, or else I'll be thinking "why she just doesn't send a shadow to kill person x" every time.

yep, if her vagina can pump out shadow assassins at will then game over

JGS

Banned
yep, if her vagina can pump out shadow assassins at will then game over
She would be like the Queen Bee.

She doesn't need to now. Stannis has the largest army I think although Renly's boyfriend may side with the Lannisters now.

Also, does Tywin not know that Arya is missing? As smart as he is, I would think he could put 2 + 2 together on that one.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I thought he was referring to killing the white walkers

The white walkers refer to the beings with blue eyes seen at the very beginning of the show and at Craster's. Wights are resurrected dead humans, like the ones that the Night's Watch brought into the castle and attacked the Lord Commander.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom