• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSA: King of Fighters XIII Steam Release is Imminent

Here's to hoping for a better netcode. But in the event that the netcode is not up to par, I wouldn't be surprised if people start trying to adapt it to GGPO.

I have 12 for 360, but felt sort of burned by it so I never picked up 13. But, I'm feeling more in the mood lately. Hopefully my laptop will run it. (I don't see why not)

LTWheels

One less reason to keep current gen consoles.

Injustices GOTY edition is rumoured to becoming to the PC.

Now just need Blazblue, P4A and Marvel and all 2D fighters are done.

3D fighters need to step up their game with PC releases.

Omega

Banned

Marvel isn't happening. They won't even release a balance patch, no way they would even entertain a port

Nymphae

Banned
Glad I didn't buy the used copy for PS3 I saw last week that was $40. I heard the netcode is garbage on that version.

kirblar

Marvel isn't happening. They won't even release a balance patch, no way they would even entertain a port
I suspect Marvel also may have contract issues regarding their other F2P games making a PC release awkward.
Glad I didn't buy the used copy for PS3 I saw last week that was $40. I heard the netcode is garbage on that version.
I bought it on PSN for $15.

Someone should give Harada the memo :(

BadWolf

I have 12 for 360, but felt sort of burned by it so I never picked up 13. But, I'm feeling more in the mood lately. Hopefully my laptop will run it. (I don't see why not)

XIII is a whole different beast from XII, its a very complete game.

XII was unfinished and released as such to make some quick money, since it was in production for so long and costing SNK so much.

LTWheels

I know. Based on how happy Capcom has been to port all their other games to the PC (apart from Dragon's Dogma for some reason), Marvel has probably not given them a licence to make a PC version. You know how archaic some companies are with regard to PC gaming and piracy.

XIII is light years ahead of XII in almost every respect (aside from looks, prefer the huge sprites of XII myself)

XIII is a whole different beast from XII, its a very complete game.

XII was unfinished and released as such to make some quick money, since it was in production for so long and costing SNK so much.
Alright, thanks guys. I'll definitely be picking this up. Now we just need an ASW fighter on Steam and I'd be set.

Gurrry

Duuuudddeerrsss

YESSSS.

I was gonna buy this game for 360.. but I think ill go for the steam version instead.

Now the question is.. WHEN?!

Silky

Banned
I better get some fucking SNK themed TF2 hats.

I need Terry Bogard's Hat for Scout and Terry's Bomber Jacket for Heavy pls pls pls

Ooh: Remember all of those unfinished sprites they were gonna use for XIII that had New Face and Geese and stuff? What if those are steam exclusive characters?!?

rCcmpHJ.jpg

Grief.exe

I just hope this game to come without GFWL and lag like SF IV.

No indication of GFWL in this release. There are Steam Achievements, but that doesn't necessarily rule it out.

I will be able to confirm when installation sections are added to the app.

I would highly doubt a GFWL release at this point. All indications point towards Microsoft no longer supporting it.

I really enjoyed my time with KoF XIII but I've got no reason to buy it unless it comes with GGPO, I still feel like a numpty for buying MK9 when it's impossible to play online. Skull Girls is much more exciting on every front right now, from the net-code to the expanding cast.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member

BlazBlue is on PC though. A GFWL store exclusive version of Calamity Trigger that costs $35. :(

If this is budget priced, would anyone be interested in trading a copy of KOF XIII for 1/2 copies of Skullgirls (with preorder bonus) depending on release price?

Top Bottom