• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Green Man Gaming Thread: Save some green, man

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
They're not getting Sine Mora back in stock before the sale ends, I take it?

Card Boy

Banned
Can someone please help me get Gods and Kings? I can PayPal straight away.

Use TunnelBear. I can confirm it 100% works as i did it myself.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=45851794&postcount=2319

No need for proxys anymore. You can turn the program off and on. Just open it when you want to buy from GMG, so it doesn't even have to run in the taskbar 24/7.

Heres a little preview on the interface. Just refresh a webpage once you have TunnelBear running and it will tick over to US prices.

ayKt.png

I don't mean to sound so crass but it doesn't really benefit anyone to buy you a game on Greenman Gaming since GMG doesn't have a gifting system, so if they want a game in the future they can't rebuy it for themselves.

elfinke

No need for proxys anymore. You can turn the program off and on. Just open it when you want to buy from GMG, so it doesn't even have to run in the taskbar 24/7.

Heres a little preview on the interface. Just refresh a webpage once you have TunnelBear running and it will tick over to US prices.

ayKt.png

I don't mean to sound so crass but it doesn't really benefit anyone to buy you a game on Greenman Gaming since GMG doesn't have a gifting system, so if they want a game in the future they can't rebuy it for themselves.

This looks like a hot tip. I read the link you provided Gez, but can you confirm if tunnelbear lets you purchase games that aren't natively on the Aus branch of the GMG store, like Far Cry 3?

legend166

ayKt.png

Got it, thanks.

Card Boy

Banned
but can you confirm if tunnelbear lets you purchase games that aren't natively on the Aus branch of the GMG store, like Far Cry 3?

Yes, i have bought Mass Effect 3 using that tool, just switch it to UK. US Store doesn't have Ubisoft games either btw, they used to at one point.

elfinke

Yes, i have bought Mass Effect 3 using that tool, just switch it to UK. US Store doesn't have Ubisoft games either btw, they used to at one point.

Terrific, thanks. I just tested it and sure enough, Far Cry 3 is there for $35 ready to be bought and downloaded. Bloody wonderful :)

dmr87

Monday 31st December

- Sonic Generations is 75% off
- Cities in Motion Collection is 75% off

Tuesday 1st January

- London 2012 is 75% off

Wednesday 2nd January

- Jet Set Radio is 75% off

Shaneus

Gods & Kings... back to $51 :/

If only their billing wasn't so shite. I've never come across a DD service that has been so consistently troublesome with their payment system.

well, gotta say, whoever recommended renegade ops in this thread did me a solid. Really great arcade twin stick game - and there's gordon freeman in it which makes it surprisingly fun. I think I bought it off GMG so posting here. And it seems like it might have some longevity with the amoutn of skill upgrades and RPGlike xp stat increases.

lexi

Banned
Haven't been able to buy from GMG in weeks. Combine this and the fact they caved and effectively doubled the price of all 2K games for Australians, I won't be shopping there again.

jediyoshi

Haven't been able to buy from GMG in weeks. Combine this and the fact they caved and effectively doubled the price of all 2K games for Australians, I won't be shopping there again.

It's a small price to pay if the trade off is availability for every other reigon.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
mattiewheels said:
They're not getting Sine Mora back in stock before the sale ends, I take it?

Looks like they did! You can use this code to make it $2:

GMG20-PJFEW-Y16HK

Mrbob

Wow, the bonuses for pre orders have all but faded away at GMG. The cash back and credit discounts are horrible, and you can't use the coupons anymore. Guess this site won't be a pre order source for me from now on.

Phinor

Wow, the bonuses for pre orders have all but faded away at GMG. The cash back and credit discounts are horrible, and you can't use the coupons anymore. Guess this site won't be a pre order source for me from now on.

You can use coupons on them now. Well the 20% works at least. Much better offer than the previous cashback w/o coupons they offered.

Top Bottom