• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT8| ConFuchsia say beta is better

kinggroin

Banned
Google Keyboard has really been screwing the pooch with regards to swipe predictive text. Like, it's changing obvious words to obscure ones.

kaiyo

LG has it as well. Sony chooses to omit it. Like they choose to omit a FP sensor.

Technically they did not omit it, the hardware is there. lol

Good point. Shipping label printed returning tomorrow.
Really don't get the enthusiasm for it. Looks terrible.

image.php

CS_Dan

Doesn't twilight just add red, rather than take the blue away? It seemed to mess up my blacks on AMOLED last time I used it.

bedlamite

I want to see what a 4k screen on a phone is about and no demo units out.
You mentioned viewing text on it was blurry? Even at 1080p, text seems pretty damn sharp to me. My old v20 ran at 1440p but it's display was never as sharp as this, it isn't so much a resolution thing as it is PPI (the XZP has a 800 ppi screen, compared to a 500+ ppi S8)

My 6P went from 40+% to shutting down instantly. I rebooted it right after and it showed as 1%, and shut down again.

I get home and plug it in, and it immediately shows as 40+%.

I know that more people have had this issue as well. Since I got the phone through a plan (...and they already replaced the handset that I considered faulty from when I got it, after months of sending it back and forth and being lied to about it), I don't have much hope.

Groof

My 6P went from 40+% to shutting down instantly. I rebooted it right after and it showed as 1%, and shut down again.

I get home and plug it in, and it immediately shows as 40+%.

I know that more people have had this issue as well. Since I got the phone through a plan (...and they already replaced the handset that I considered faulty from when I got it, after months of sending it back and forth and being lied to about it), I don't have much hope.
Welcome to the club. Support meetings are every thursday, coffee and cookies are on the house. Bring your own charger though

It's been a long time since I've rooted a phone. I'm thinking about rooting my s6 edge. What's the best method these days and does it still disable Android pay?

Jeffrey

You mentioned viewing text on it was blurry? Even at 1080p, text seems pretty damn sharp to me. My old v20 ran at 1440p but it's display was never as sharp as this, it isn't so much a resolution thing as it is PPI (the XZP has a 800 ppi screen, compared to a 500+ ppi S8)

Don't know. Text looked noticeably less sharp than my 1440p amoled nexus 6 and s8+ at least to me.

DagsJT

It's been a long time since I've rooted a phone. I'm thinking about rooting my s6 edge. What's the best method these days and does it still disable Android pay?

Not sure about the S6 but on the S7 Knox will be disabled if you root. Could affect the resale of your phone if you go that way.

ty_hot

Dear gaffers, after more than a year I finally decided to get a portably charger. I went on a hike yesterday and even though we reached the city long before my battery run out (and I wouldnt get lost in there anyway), after a few hours taking photos/videos and sending them through 4g, my battery was at 15%... so I just didnt have an option other than activate airplane mode while I was on the way back home. 3 fucking hours in the bus. I know, first world problems lol anyway, I read some recomendations online and it seems that Anker products are (one of) the best out there.

I got this one:
https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B019GJLER8/
Anker 10.000mah Powercore.

I have a OP3T (USB-C) and my girlfriend a Galaxy A5 (micro usb), so I had to get the 'usb-a' one, even though I feel like I should jump to the usb-c train if possible. The USB-C option in the same price range had only 5000mah, which isnt much. I have a usb-a to usb-c cable already that I will use with my phone and that charger.

Anyway, I just want to confirm that this is indeed a good charger and that I wont regret having it :)

Jeffrey

Dear gaffers, after more than a year I finally decided to get a portably charger. I went on a hike yesterday and even though we reached the city long before my battery run out (and I wouldnt get lost in there anyway), after a few hours taking photos/videos and sending them through 4g, my battery was at 15%... so I just didnt have an option other than activate airplane mode while I was on the way back home. 3 fucking hours in the bus. I know, first world problems lol anyway, I read some recomendations online and it seems that Anker products are (one of) the best out there.

I got this one:

I have a OP3T (USB-C) and my girlfriend a Galaxy A5 (micro usb), so I had to get the 'usb-a' one, even though I feel like I should jump to the usb-c train if possible. The USB-C option in the same price range had only 5000mah, which isnt much. I have a usb-a to usb-c cable already that I will use with my phone and that charger.

Anyway, I just want to confirm that this is indeed a good charger and that I wont regret having it :)
Can't go wrong with anker. And it's not like OnePlus supports USB c power delivery so it shouldn't matter.

Maybe look into one that supports quick charge in case you ever switch to a phone with that, but otherwise that anker should be fine.

[ig]http://www.slashleaks.com/wp-content/uploads/de7ickww0aa5b2z.jpg [/ig]

V30 not looking horrible

I hope they are using better camera sensors than the G6. The G6 can produce some good images, but a lot of the work is being done in software and post-processing.

I like my G6, but if LG can stick a bigger battery and better camera sensor in the V30 I'll be interested (especially given how quickly they drop in price).

Jeffrey

Now LG just needs to figure out how to make their skin less terrible looking. Easily the worst looking one in the West.

The nav buttons just look unfinished.

Al-ibn Kermit

I got this one:

I got this no name one last week just because the price was cray-cray.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/331541674213?_mwBanner=1

It works great and I'm hopeful it won't blow up on me. Aren't all lithium batteries just made by the same few companies anyways (Panasonic, LG, Samsung) but then rebranded by others? I'm going on a trip next month and being able to fully charge 2 people's phones 3 times each is going to be nice.

I hope they are using better camera sensors than the G6. The G6 can produce some good images, but a lot of the work is being done in software and post-processing.

I like my G6, but if LG can stick a bigger battery and better camera sensor in the V30 I'll be interested (especially given how quickly they drop in price).

Can you shoot raw on the G6? That should solve your isse

I hate how large the bottom bezel is, but honestly, I have high hopes for this. If Nokia can come out with something legit in the Android market, they might be right back in it.

Thanks. I will keep an eye on the thread.

So I got the G5 Plus today, put the Project Fi sim in and calls work, sms works, data works (via T-Mobile only), but mms messages are just characters. I know there is are fixes on Reddit/XDA so I need to go find them. Otherwise this phone is pretty nice for now. Have only seen the Amazon ads on the lock screen as drop downs, they are not too bad for now.

Edit: Dislike how pressing the fingerprint button only turns on the lock screen, requires a second press to get into the phone.

Installed the Fi app, seems to work.

Top Bottom