• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lana Del Rey - Lust For Life |OT|

Agram

1rnli0.png

2rka2t.png

3wpy5g.png

JCX

Funny how she's gone from Born to Die to Lust for Life. Hope this is better than her last one. The singles have been promising so far.

Vazduh

This one didn't put me to sleep like Honeymoon did, so kudos to Lana for at least doing that.

gG3a3Gh.gif

Enjoyed all of the released singles and those might also be my faves off the album.

YASS YASS

MY QUEEEEN

The leak was amazing- including her response. I don't expect people who already don't like her to love it, but Lust For Life is a fantastic addition to her body of work. Pitchfork also has an amazing interview with her today, where she talks about going back on not caring about feminism and feeling uncomfortable with Americana imagery now (among other things)

Love and Coachella still suck.

Agram

YASS YASS

MY QUEEEEN

The leak was amazing- including her response. I don't expect people who already don't like her to love it, but Lust For Life is a fantastic addition to her body of work. Pitchfork also has an amazing interview with her today, where she talks about going back on not caring about feminism and feeling uncomfortable with Americana imagery now (among other things)

Love and Coachella still suck.
Yes!! Amazing interview
Incoming 10/10 from P4K
O6D83qL.gif

Ahasverus

I liked it. It has no show stoppers and the melodies are still a bit weak, BUT it's not a boring album and her vocal performance is really on point.

A good return to form, but needs a killer EP to really make her come back.

Loved Born to Die, loved the production of Ultraviolence but the songs not quite as much. I didn't really listen to Honeymoon that much.

On second/third listen, the new one seems pretty good!

Meowster

Fingers crossed. Ultraviolence is one of my all-time favorite albums.

I adore Love but Lust for Life (song) was a huge nothingburger.

Agram

So far, In My Feeling is the most disappointing song, snippet was good, but the lyrics... way too edgy for Lana idk

I hate myself for saying this, but Coachella is actually good in the context of the album, but it's weak as a single.

Fjordson

Been listening to the leak and I like it a lot. Could definitely do without the Rocky and Weeknd features, but otherwise I enjoy it.

I'm in (what feels like) the minority in that I've enjoyed each new Lana album way more than the previous one. Not sure if this will be the case again, but I do think I'd put it above Ultraviolence.

So far, In My Feeling is the most disappointing song, snippet was good, but the lyrics... way too edgy for Lana idk

I hate myself for saying this, but Coachella is actually good in the context of the album, but it's weak as a single.

In My Feelings is one of my fav tracks. I knew people wouldn't be into it, but it's a very purposefully melodramatic, kinda vulgar song, lyrically. "Crying while I'm cumming/Making love while I make good money" is hilarious/great/weirdly relatable (in the sense that it's a ridiculous thing I would text my best friend that while I was venting or something)

A lot of people are iffy on the "fuck" and "bitch" ad libs all over Cherry too, but I like them.

Hell she even remade Creep in the year 2017 on this album (Get Free)

Servbot24

Banned
Not sure if it's just me, but this seems like her laziest and worst album yet :(

Man I was so hyped on her back with Born to Die but at this point I think it's over

Agram

Not sure if it's just me, but this seems like her laziest and worst album yet :(

Man I was so hyped on her back with Born to Die but at this point I think it's over
I know you hated the track with Weeknd, but give this album another shot.
She's more relaxed now than she was with BtD and it shows in slower melodies, but the album is not lazy.

Ahasverus

I know you hated the track with Weeknd, but give this album another shot.
She's more relaxed now than she was with BtD and it shows in slower melodies, but the album is not lazy.
This is true. it's actually a really nicely produced album and she did deliver a great effort on her vocals. The last track is a nice surprise sound wise too.

Fjordson

It's weird man, I think Born to Die is her worst album by far. Like I wasn't even a LDR fan until I heard Ultraviolence. And I dismissed that at first because of my dislike for BtD lol

Ahasverus

It's weird man, I think Born to Die is her worst album by far. Like I wasn't even a LDR fan until I heard Ultraviolence. And I dismissed that at first because of my dislike for BtD lol
You're a freak and you should feel ashamed of your words and deeds.

SexyFish

Banned

I feel like everyone has vastly different opinions on her albums.

For example, Born to Die is easily my favorite with Ultraviolence right behind it.

Honeymoon was garbage to me.

I can't fathom anyone not liking Born to Die. Shit is fantastic.

Agram

Little Mons†er;244009252 said:
Great OT Agram! ����

Will give a listen later today posT my thoughTs
Thanks sis :*

Same! I use maybe 5 songs from BtD, I think it's great overall, but not my favorite.
Ultraviolence tho, it's why I'm a stan. She will never top it and it's okay, UV was perfection.

So she's happy now?

From P4K
Is the album a way of saying that you at least want to be happy?

No. It's just that something is happening.

Fjordson

I feel like everyone has vastly different opinions on her albums.

For example, Born to Die is easily my favorite with Ultraviolence right behind it.

Honeymoon was garbage to me.

I can't fathom anyone not liking Born to Die. Shit is fantastic.
Every fan I know loves Born to Die. Don't know why, but it just never worked for me.

Same! I use maybe 5 songs from BtD, I think it's great overall, but not my favorite.
Ultraviolence tho, it's why I'm a stan.
Same. Honeymoon is my favourite, but UV is why I became a fan.

psp12345

I think it's really really good.
All of her records are very different. This one is the second best after Born to Die.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man! This sneaked up on me! Darn excited to listen to it.

Majmun

Great album.

I just wish it was shorter. There are too many tracks and some are too long.

But some of the songs are amazing.

Which Marina
Not the Japanese or Russian ones.

I like Marina, but I don't get why people want this. Their voices and writing styles don't fit together well at all
Because their fan bases overlap quite a bit, and they are apparently good friends. Lana even thanked Marina for her friendship in the booklet for Lust For Life. I don't think their voices/writing styles clash at all. A collab will happen one day, it's just a matter of time.

Top Bottom