• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump to widow of dead Sargent: 'He knew what he signed up for'

"Ah yeah, shame about that dead husband...so...you're single now huh?
...what you have kids?" *click*

The only way this could have been worse I guess.

Not saying that people like this suffering woman need to use this as an opportunity to verbally slap trump in the face and tell him to go fuck himself, but if something this tragic happened to me I’d rage at the prospect of this fucker even thinking of reaching out to me or anyone in my family as if he’d care. My first instinct would be to let him call so I can go on record with a big fuck you

Azuran

Banned
k05n8HV.png

Here are the results of the victory by each county. You think popular vote is not antiquated either or how it could be abused? Plus you knew for the past few centuries how voting works in the US. The electoral college not going away. Now ask yourself if Trump is really not representative of Americans. This is who they wanted by a greater margin in more states. He lost the popular vote but absolutely got the majority of states.

There's more cows than people in some of those red areas...

Here are the results of the victory by each county. You think popular vote is not antiquated either or how it could be abused? Plus you knew for the past few centuries how voting works in the US. The electoral college not going away. Now ask yourself if Trump is really not representative of Americans. This is who they wanted by a greater margin in more states. He lost the popular vote but absolutely got the majority of states.

Now find a map that shows population density

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
k05n8HV.png

Dude.

Lo-Volt

k05n8HV.png

Donald Trump uses the same map, and the same logical tricks, to justify his disgusting existence in that office. He literally handed them out to the press. Now ask yourself if you’re getting suckered when you do the same thing.

FyreWulff

k05n8HV.png

You can literally win counties the size of some states by winning the vote of 11 of the 20 people that live there

Ponn

Banned
Wow, is there no rock bottom to this monster's shittiness?

We knew where he stood when he called McCain a loser and stood before the military during a presidential debate and called the vets with PTSD weak. What irritates me is the members of the military that keep eating his shit and continues to support him.

k05n8HV.png

Your map only takes into account area, not population.

Your map only takes into account area, not population.

That's how everyone measures this.

The problem is this:

The majority of the people registered to vote in the USA did NOT vote for Donald J. Trump. How did he win? Electoral college. Was it gamed? I don't know.

WHAT DO YOU PROPOSE WE DO, EVERYONE ELSE? I don't know as an American. So, if you all have the answers as outsiders, please tell me, because I'm looking for how to make this right.

Garlador

k05n8HV.png

And here's population density...
USA-population-density-per-square-mile.jpg

Huh.

Madness

What are you guys upset about? Downplay it all you want, but everyone knew going in whoever got to 270 wins the Presidency and he got it. Why? Because he was the more popular candidate in 30 states to Clinton's 20. Anyways no more derail from me especially with regards to a sensitive thread like this. Some people just want to pretend Donald J. Trump was some fringe candidate who somehow stole the presidency but ignore how he won with majority of white voters,most states. Because a large portion of the US is racist as hell. Little cheerleaders saying fuck niggers. Trump showing disrespect to a fallen black soldier who had more courage than him or his family ever did. I just don't like the 'hey I didn't vote for him, don't lump me in'.

That map has more red. What's so hard to understnad.

You're trolling, right?

What are you guys upset about? Downplay it all you want, but everyone knew going in whoever got to 270 wins the Presidency and he got it. Why? Because he was the more popular candidate in 30 states to Clinton's 20. Anyways no more derail from me especially with regards to a sensitive thread like this. Some people just want to pretend Donald J. Trump was some fringe candidate who somehow stole the presidency but ignore how he won with majority of white voters,most states. Because a large portion of the US is racist as hell. Little cheerleaders saying fuck niggers. Trump showing disrespect to a fallen black soldier who had more courage than him or his family ever did. I just don't like the 'hey I didn't vote for him, don't lump me in'.

Okay big guy, what is the answer then? All you do is call us out as a single group but you can't state a productive solution. I'm far more unhappy about this than you are since you seem to be criticizing the USA as a single entity as an outsider... but tell me what I should do since you understand all of this so much better please.

Two Words

k05n8HV.png

People are not spread around America evenly. Most of America is empty space. The major cities contain the majority population.

WedgeX

Banned
Probably should have seen this coming with his bragging about calling.

And yet it’s still shocking.

I’m not letting him normalize shit.

mlclmtckr

Banned
That's how everyone measures this.

The problem is this:

The majority of the people registered to vote in the USA did NOT vote for Donald J. Trump. How did he win? Electoral college. Was it gamed? I don't know.

WHAT DO YOU PROPOSE WE DO, EVERYONE ELSE? I don't know as an American. So, if you all have the answers as outsiders, please tell me, because I'm looking for how to make this right.

Abolish the Presidency, probably the House too. Aggressively get money out of politics.

Jedi2016

Fucking piece of shit.

As a veteran myself, yeah, I knew what I was signing up for. I wanted to serve my country and fight for what I believe in. Yes, death is a possibility, but it sure as shit isn't what I "signed up for". No one who signs up is somehow "okay" with dying, and it doesn't make it okay just because you're military.

Abolish the Presidency, probably the House too. Aggressively get money out of politics.

Oh okay, let me go do that!

Here let me give you a brief insight into what I CAN do:

1. Vote every 2 years on primaries and midterms.
2. Get involved in local politics which will mean NOTHING for the nation
3. ????

You tell me what to do. Tell me how to be more effective as a political pawn.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Can’t even pretend to not be a cunt for even a few minutes on a bereavement phone call.

HE KNEW WHAT HE SIGNED UP FOR. TO HIS WIDOW.

Every day. The bar drops.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Maybe understand what you are posting first. Trying to get a gotcha will rightfully get people upset.

Buckle

Can only imagine the conversation.

"If your husband was a good soldier, why is he dead? I'll tell you why, Myeshia. He's a loser, stop crying. Here, have some toilet paper or some shit."

mlclmtckr

Banned
Oh okay, let me go do that!

Here let me give you a brief insight into what I CAN do:

1. Vote every 2 years on primaries and midterms.
2. Get involved in local politics which will mean NOTHING for the nation
3. ????

You tell me what to do. Tell me how to be more effective as a political pawn.

Oh I thought you meant like what's the overall solution.

I would say that #2 isn't true, and more importantly there are a lot of things you can do outside of electoral politics that help people and that helps the country inch towards a saner place. Community organizing, labour organizing, volunteering, and so on. Because making the world a (admittedly very slightly) kinder and less destructive place is how we, collectively, can create the conditions for a better kind of government and society.

And even if none of the above were true, helping other people does make you feel better about humanity and about the world just by doing it.

Oh I thought you meant like what's the overall solution.

I would say that #2 isn't true, and more importantly there are a lot of things you can do outside of electoral politics that help people and that helps the country inch towards a saner place. Community organizing, labour organizing, volunteering, and so on. Because making the world a (admittedly very slightly) kinder and less destructive place is how we, collectively, can create the conditions for a better kind of government and society.

Here's the catch, I already have started that, but my state/my city/my county is VERY blue already. Every meeting is basically a reminder of how shitty Trump is.

I need to move to a place I'd hate to be an effective voice.

I can't describe how frustrating this is.

EDIT: damnit I know how out of place this is in this thread but I never want to read another "statement" from a US president that someone died for the country becuase "they signed up for it." I'm sick about this.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Yeah, it’s absolutely not what a draft dodger should tell the widow.

“He knew what I expended tremendous effort and some of daddy’s money trying not to sign up for.”

Don’t get me wrong, the draft is literally evil. But rich kids with “bone spurs” don’t get to call POWs cowards.

Every truck driving mouth breathing ingrate who has an outsized American flag And trucknuts who voted for this parasite can eat a turd.

mlclmtckr

Banned
Here's the catch, I already have started that, but my state/my city/my county is VERY blue already. Every meeting is basically a reminder of how shitty Trump is.

I need to move to a place I'd hate to be an effective voice.

I can't describe how frustrating this is.

EDIT: damnit I know how out of place this is in this thread but I never want to read another "statement" from a US president that someone died for the country becuase "they signed up for it." I'm sick about this.

Right but this is all within electoral politics. The other things I mentioned have reverberations beyond your local area, and in areas other than elections. The fight is more multilayered than just turning red to blue.

Also I totally get the feeling that there's nothing you can really do as just one person. I feel like that a lot myself.

Top Bottom