• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ July: Until Dawn and Game of Thrones for PS4

Mostly ballin' lineup, but, why is Vita still a part of this program? Just end it, already.

I'd like to see the following distribution (not counting cross-buy games):

PS4: 3 games -- 1 older AAA, 1 debut indie, and 1 indie not released within the past 12 months (to encourage people to buy indies unless they're willing to wait at least a year)
PSVR: 1 game -- made for VR game and not a simple experience; love those but most are free or low cost anyway
PS3: 1 game -- preferably AAA or a classic
Vita: 1 game -- preferably a native Vita game and not a PSP game or a port

xrnzaaas

I already watched Until Dawn through youtube, so playing it myself would be pointless and I heard Game of Thrones was bad.

Maybe next month.

You do realize that Until Dawn has a lot of major choices along the way, right? Like for instance
every playable character can survive or die

Fujinn

How does GoT compare to Life is Strange? I only played it because it was free with plus and i absolutely loved it.

I'm completely new to this kind of games.

DNAbro

How does GoT compare to Life is Strange? I only played it because it was free with plus and i absolutely loved it.

Life is Strange does that kind of game pretty much better than all the Telltale games that I've seen. Apparently it's one of the GoT is one of the worst ones they've done.

It's much worse. Same style but LiS is a much more fun game to control and interact with.

GoT honestly might be the worst thing TT has done.

I own both but Until Dawn is fucking amazing. Game of Thrones has a decent first episode but goes to shit quick.

Might set my PS3 up again to play Tokyo Jungle though.

Plum

Not even in the same ballpark of quality (and I don't think LiS is as amazing as some others do). If you're wanting another game of the same type you owe it yourself to buy The Walking Dead Season 1, The Wolf Among Us and Tales from the Borderlands.

Fujinn

Life is Strange does that kind of game pretty much better than all the Telltale games that I've seen. Apparently it's one of the GoT is one of the worst ones they've done.

Oh, ok. Well, i really want to play Until Dawn too so..

Anung

Un Rama
Own Until Dawn and Game of Thrones so a weak month for me personally. Until Dawn is amazing but Game of Thrones is weak.

Never played Tokyo Jungle so this is nice. Shame I'll have to dig out the PS3 to play it. Sort yer backwards compatiblity out Sony you fucks.

Is GOT good? I haven't heard much about it and I'm kinda tired of the Telltale formula so not sure what to expect there
It's the telltale formula to a T. No 4th wall stuff like Borderlands and it isn't an exceptionally good outing like The Wolf Among Us either.

Until Dawn> The Wolf Among Us> Oxenfree> TWD S1> Tales from the Borderlands> who cares

Kinyou

Indies: "Where mah Triple A?"
AAA: "Already played it...meh."
Indies and AAA: "More story games? This is ridiculous."

And with that I give up on these threads.
You must be reading a different thread than I am. Most people seem happy.

ty_hot

I have both games. havent even booted Until Dawn. Played less than half episode of GoT.

At least my PS+ has run out so I can wait another month to buy it. I wish they gave better games though, then I would have an excuse to subscribe again, and by doing so I would get Ratchet and Clank on the sale as well.

Their loss. :p

Holy fuck, that's one hell of a month. And to think that I almost bought Until Dawn and GOT a bunch of times but in the end I was like "those games could get a little cheaper or be on PS+". And there it is.

MiTYH

Until Dawn. Looks awesome, but I cannot stomach horror games (watched some beginning lets plays of it). Soooooooo yeah. I'll add it to my account but I'll never touch it.

GoT is nice, those games are good for a few hours. Almost pulled the trigger on it so I'm glad I waited

y75woftcqvs4aktzg.jpg

But really, that's great! I own Until Dawn, but the other two look good

You do realize that Until Dawn has a lot of major choices along the way, right? Like for instance
every playable character can survive or die

I got so hooked watching it that I went to other channels that made different choices, so I've seen everything. Completely on me, I know. Same thing happened with Bloodborne playthroughs.

Symbiotx

Interesting that people are gushing about this month... I already bought Until Dawn when it was on sale before, and I don't like the telltale games. Seems pretty meh to me, but I guess if you don't have Until Dawn you'd probably be happy.

Until Dawn. Looks awesome, but I cannot stomach horror games (watched some beginning lets plays of it). Soooooooo yeah. I'll add it to my account but I'll never touch it.

GoT is nice, those games are good for a few hours. Almost pulled the trigger on it so I'm glad I waited
It's really not very scary at all, I played with headphones on at night and was fine and I get freaked out by a good chunk of horror games.

Play it during the day with speakers on specifically and I doubt you'll have any issues.

Nameless

This is like 3-4 months in a row where own the major draw if not everything for PS4. Would be cool if they offered a 10℅ code or some alternative choice for those of us who've supported the free titles already. Oh well, cool more people get to experience Until Dawn. Fantastic game.

KageMaru

I already played through until dawn and don't really care for GoT but this is still a great month. Will ply through Until Dawn again at least.

Top Bottom