• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC-GAF Presents The Ultimate on Fox 3 Official Thread - 209 ERA Redux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished watching. Pretty good card. Prelims were terrible though.

Lavar looks dangerous right now, with his aggression and swarms of punches, he could go far. Seems the ground may be his weakness. I like Barry but he's lucky he's still in the UFC.

Belcher had a good win. I thought it was over once Palhares got his leg, I even yelled it out. Proved me wrong.

Koscheck looked awful. I don't understand why he was so concerned with the clock and why he backed off so much when he seemed to have the early upper-hand.

I'm glad Diaz won. I'm beginning to become a fan of his fights ever since the Cerrone fight. Was never a fan of he or his brother but I'm starting to like their fighting style a lot more and their no bullshit attitude in the ring is entertaining.

RBH

Enjoyed this show more than the first two Fox cards.

The Diaz brothers are great heels.

Didn't get as much promotion it seems but I think the lack of replies in this thread might be due to the thread itself (such as the nonsensical thread title.)

RBH

UFC on FOX ratings

The fast national numbers are in for last night's show and it totalled 2.25 million viewers. It should be noted that this is a number that measured what was on from 8-10 p.m. on all the FOX stations, which means on the West Coast, it measured whatever the station aired in that slot. Some stations aired a replay of the fights and many aired other programming.

But no matter how you slice it, the number was very bad. That number would work out to a rating in the 1.2 or 1.3 range, horrible for first-run network programming. With the West Coast, the number could rise. The first show rose about 19% but the second show didn't rise at all from the original number, so we're looking at a final number probably between a 1.2 and 1.6.

The 1/28 show did a 2.6 rating and 4.7 million viewers.

While it was the highest rated show on the networks in the 18-49 demo, the competition was rerun programming and it was the least watched show in its time slot of all the networks. It appears to have done worse then previous Strikeforce and Elite XC weak shows on CBS and along the lines of what WWE shows do for their two NBC appearances that are now considered throw aways in the same time slot.
http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top-stories/118-daily-updates/25490-ufc-on-fox-ratings

dem

Ratings are due to zero personality in fighters

Why did people like Chuck? Cause he was the fucking iceman. He had a Mohawk.. he had trunks with fucking ice on them... he had a fucking victory pose!

chuck_liddell_wing_chun.png

He was a character!

Who the fuck is this guy?
Jim-Miller-UFC-128_9693.jpg

Dan Miller? Jim Miller? Really?
Arent you my fucking mechanic?

Now everyone is the same boring tatted up fighter. No one is allowed to have a personality anymore.

floyd-1.jpg

Where the condom depot sponsorship on Floyd??

No sponsors.. just FLAIR

These dopes in the UFC would be better served not looking like desperate bums with sponsorships sewed on to their nutsucks.

Also
BRING BACK THE RAMP, MOTHERFUCKERS.

dem

Matt Hughes looks like Ali compared to the bums out there today...

At least he had consistent walkout music and a farmer gimmick.

Dysun

No star power and weak advertisement vs Cinco de Mayo, Floyd PPV, NBA Playoffs, The Avengers

Bound to disappoint

Heel

Matt Hughes looks like Ali compared to the bums out there today...

At least he had consistent walkout music and a farmer gimmick.

EQbUG.jpg

You know you're committed to your gimmick when you request a tractor of TUF.

What a legend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom