• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

Ayumi

too bad there are basically no 2H Axe/Mace builds for Wizard, Monk, DH or WD to make use of the transmog.

This whole transmog issue needs to be fixed! I'm just happy I'm still using a Pig Sticker so I can equip the Burger. Had the transmog for years and could never use it until now!

tamminen

"Primal Ancients will only begin dropping after a character on the player’s account has reached Greater Rift 70 Solo:"

I dont get it lol. Does this mean I clear grift70 and Ive a chance for primal in regular rifts aswell?

rsniper59

Neo Member
"Primal Ancients will only begin dropping after a character on the player’s account has reached Greater Rift 70 Solo:"

I dont get it lol. Does this mean I clear grift70 and Ive a chance for primal in regular rifts aswell?

Right, basically before you clear a GR70, you'll never see a Primal Ancient drop anywhere. Once you do clear it, you'll be able to receive them from any normal source of loot (bounties, rifts, monster drops, chests, etc.), with an extremely low drop rate.

Wallach

Edit - Whoops already answered.

I wish the season was starting today and not next week. Seems like a longer period than normal between seasons for some reason.

Right, basically before you clear a GR70, you'll never see a Primal Ancient drop anywhere. Once you do clear it, you'll be able to receive them from any normal source of loot (bounties, rifts, monster drops, chests, etc.), with an extremely low drop rate.
I got my first Primal tonight. The Zweihander. Lame! It's not even a weapon worth equipping for my Witch Doctor, let alone keep it in the stash.

At least I got one, though!

dHkJbdY.png

Best primal I have picked up so far, good for TXIII and low rifts at least.

Also hit GR 85 today, prior to augmenting gear which is nice. Hydra Wizard is a bit too OP imo.

kennah

it's just the archon build with hydras and scerpent sparker. look at leaderboards and skill accordingly.
In still in the 'don't really know what I'm doing' category. But guess I'll do some research. Picked up season 9 after a few years off the game. Like season 9 is my first season. I stopped playing before they were added.

In still in the 'don't really know what I'm doing' category. But guess I'll do some research. Picked up season 9 after a few years off the game. Like season 9 is my first season. I stopped playing before they were added.

on the in game leaderboards you can at least see the skills and all the afixes on their items. that's the most important part, really, and you can consider every item you see mandatory (if you don't have a sparker, ignore the build for now. if you don't have a mandal heal, ignore the build for now, if you don't have the necessary sets, ignore the build for now). As far as gameplay, basically you have elemental exposure to add damage just before you go into archon mode. it's why the build includes all 4 core elements (ice magic missile, arcane black hole, fire archon which becomes lightning thanks to having lightning on your bracers + lightning hydras).

when you're ready to go archon, you use black hole, drop your 2 hydras and go. that'll ensure you get 4 stacks of elemental exposure for immediate maximum damage. then you just jump around trying to aggro as many packs as possible and kill as much as you can. when archon ends, drop hydras, kite and auto until archon is available again.

you'll want as much CDR and AS as reasonably possible.

I'd recommend using Twitch as a resource. lots of very high level Wizards (GR100+ solo) who stream. You can see how the build works generally in terms of playstyle.

kennah

Thanks Dreams! I didn't know a lot of that!

That massacre bonus thing is cool. I discovered it by accident the other day but didn't know what happened. Jumped 25 levels in a single massacre chain. (From 20ish to 40ish)

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel

So, when they say "snapshot the level at lvl 1", what exactly does that mean? I'm taking it as, for the one player method:

Run around every area as a fresh level 1 character to spawn them and "fix" them but do not engage them, then gain a few levels by using traps in HoA to kill some T6 mobs for you, thereby leveling you a couple of levels, next craft some gear at the Blacksmith, and now go back and slaughter the areas you "snapshotted" while keeping a massacre chain going as much as possible.

Is this correct?

I honestly don't know why the vast majority try to min/max this so much (not talking about the guys who are gonna hit 1k+ Paragon). Obviously to each their own, but it doesn't take much time at all to level 1-70 in a normal fashion which is always fun for me. Its nice to use skills/items you wouldn't normally use and it takes all of a 2-3 hrs to do it 'legit'.

Seasons are dead after 2 weeks for most players, why not slow things down a bit at the start.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
So, when they say "snapshot the level at lvl 1", what exactly does that mean? I'm taking it as, for the one player method:

Run around every area as a fresh level 1 character to spawn them and "fix" them but do not engage them, then gain a few levels by using traps in HoA to kill some T6 mobs for you, thereby leveling you a couple of levels, next craft some gear at the Blacksmith, and now go back and slaughter the areas you "snapshotted" while keeping a massacre chain going as much as possible.

Is this correct?

Right, in general snapshotting their level refers to running around to spawn them while you're level 1.

"Monsters are generated when you get close enough to spawn them. Their level is snapshotted at that moment."

There are some interesting clarifications in the comments too. Good to know that some goblin types drop imperial gems at any level.

A "pemanent level 1 game":

"You only need 2 players.
Player1 is at character level 1 and creates a game on T6.
Player2 joins the game. *and is at least level 4 to be out of the range where the level gets bumped up, so it stays at level 1*
Now Player2 has a permanent game instance set to T6 Lv1. The game level does not change as Player2 levels up."

acidagfc

Hey guys, is there anyone here playing it on PS4 Pro?
The game keeps crashing within 10-15 minutes. And it crashes to a point where I can't do anything but powercycle the console, nothing else works.
No other game I tried is affected, does not seem to be hardware related.

Found on other forums that disabling networking helps, however it does not work for me, and I also want to start a seasonal character which is not possible offline.

Any other suggestions?

gruenel

The game keeps crashing within 10-15 minutes. And it crashes to a point where I can't do anything but powercycle the console, nothing else works.

Found on other forums that disabling networking helps, however it does not work for me, and I also want to start a seasonal character which is not possible offline.

Any other suggestions?
No problems for me on PS4 Pro, sorry. Maybe try reinstalling the game? I don't know.

Raticus79

Any other suggestions?

Maybe turn off boost mode if you have it on?

Any other suggestions?

No problems for me on PS4 Pro, sorry. Maybe try reinstalling the game? I don't know.
I like Gruenel's advice. I've not had any issues with it on my Pro, either, so maybe it's best to just bomb out the install and start from scratch.

acidagfc

Well, I reinitialized my PS4 yesterday and redownloaded games. Will see if this helps.

Sadly no luck. Still crashed before I could reach Rift guardian.

Might be a faulty unit, but I played Horizon for 50 hours on this console and it was totally fine.

Sadly no luck. Still crashed before I could reach Rift guardian.

Might be a faulty unit, but I played Horizon for 50 hours on this console and it was totally fine.
Damn, and you even wiped out your PS4's OS? That's a bummer.

How does it crash? Is there an error code? Does it simply hang?

acidagfc

Damn, and you even wiped out your PS4's OS? That's a bummer.

How does it crash? Is there an error code? Does it simply hang?

It just hangs and most of the time it does not even reboot without powering it off manually.
No error is logged afterwards, only a filesystem check as with usual power loss.

Not sure I'd be able to return it somehow :( RMA is generally not something vendors do in my country and it's hard to prove a HW fault with a single faulty application.

And Blizzard is not doing ANY support for its console releases! Cool stuff.

Raticus79

Yeah, I was just looking at some Zuni builds last night, seems to be in a decent spot. Should be good for an early GR70 to unlock primals.
http://www.diablofans.com/builds/87649-ptr-2-5-0-witch-doctor-zuni-fetish-gargantuan

Here's the full list:
Barbarian – The Legacy of Raekor
Crusader – Armor of Akkhan
Demon Hunter – Embodiment of the Marauder
Monk – Inna’s Mantra
Witch Doctor – Zunimassa’s Haunt
Wizard – Delsere’s Magnum Opus

I was wondering why some heal monks were using 2pc Uliana - this explains it:
http://www.icy-veins.com/d3/monk-inna-support-build-patch-2-5-season-10
Exploding Palm counts as a bleed for pain enhancer used by the WD.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Season 10 starts tomorrow, correct? I think I’m going Monk this season, seems like the free Inna’s set is a great place to start out from and build upon. Plus my monk isn’t geared all that well, time to fix that.

I honestly don't know why the vast majority try to min/max this so much (not talking about the guys who are gonna hit 1k+ Paragon). Obviously to each their own, but it doesn't take much time at all to level 1-70 in a normal fashion which is always fun for me. Its nice to use skills/items you wouldn't normally use and it takes all of a 2-3 hrs to do it 'legit'.

Seasons are dead after 2 weeks for most players, why not slow things down a bit at the start.

Wait, how do you get 70 in 2-3 hours without power leveling? Serious question. I'm a diablo 3 noob

Wait, how do you get 70 in 2-3 hours without power leveling? Serious question. I'm a diablo 3 noob
With Seasons, Adventure mode is available from the start. And Adventure Mode is pure, unadultered monster slaying. Questing is, arguably, the most time intensive part of getting to 70.

Baliis

Knowing how to level and doing it a ton of times mostly. I could do 2 hours pretty easy as WD even solo. Even the season I played hardcore I think it only took me 2.5? Part of it too is just being serious about it. No piss breaks, no stopping to chat, knowing exactly what gear you need so you don't spend time looking at loot. You shave a lot of time off if you cut out all the wasted time that comes from not caring about leveling fast.

Raticus79

Massacre bonuses if solo, rifts if in a full party. Here are some comparisons of levelling times.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/609cwz/toptier_tactics_for_leveling_1_70_season_10_race/

There's also this one that just came up that starts in T6 at level 1 and uses traps to kill enemies for a fast early start. Not noob-friendly though.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/61fr7m/exploring_hidden_game_mechanics_170_leveling/

The two-player method to make a T6 game with monsters that stay at level 1 is interesting. It's a relatively minor time savings getting to level 30 (or up to 45 with +exp on kill gear), but at least there's something new in the mix. You need to be at least level 5 for that since it'll bump the game level up if the joining player's level is within 1-3 levels of the game level, and realistically 12-15 like they said so you can actually kill level 1 T6 enemies at a decent pace to keep massacres going.

Raticus79

How far ahead is Firebats WD vs the other options for non-boss-killer DPS? Tried to get an idea from the leaderboards but those 250 four player groups are pretty much identical, lol

How far ahead is Firebats WD vs the other options for non-boss-killer DPS
I can't answer your question, but I did want to comment on this WD build. I actually got around to running with it a night or two ago (~1.4k damage) and it's rotation is... interesting.

Let loose a giant frog, spray some locusts, and then haunt. Follow all that up with running into a mob and unleashing a cloud of bats. Oh, and soul harvest whenever possible.

It's more engaging than the other builds, but I was having a hard time getting into the rhythm of it all.

Top Bottom