• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square-Enix Registers FinalFantasyXIII-3.com... [2 Year Schedule Note]

NeededSleep

SE is just freakin weird these days. oh well they still think ff14 is a worth while game to invest in. guess i shouldn't be surprised they enjoy making shit that isnt handheld games.

That makes three games I'll happily avoid and watch their shitty ending on youtube.

I'm sure part 2 or 3 is going to explain how that completely nonsensical ending to part 1 was even possible.

jackdoe

Billychu said:
This one?

I made this picture a few weeks ago. I should send it to SE.

It's also on Vita. I'm too lazy to add that in though.
Haha. Seriously though, of the recent FF games, FFXII is the one that most definitely needs a "remixed and enhanced" edition. FFXIII's story arc, though I did not particularly like it, felt complete. Lightining became less of a bitch, Snow got his jail bait back, Hope became less of a wimp, Sazh got his mini fro back, sunshine and rainbows was properly fridged, etc.

FFXII left us dangling with that Balthier "Oh yeah, quick side note, I used to be a judge" moment that haunts me still.

Oh Wada, Wada, Wada... what to do with you... you dont give a shit anymore do you?

Greedy corporate fuck... in a some years time you'll be wondering why SE games arent selling as much as they used to....

Chiave

I'm getting kind of sick of FF games that have an anime aesthetic. I don't see how XIII is getting yet another sequel considering how bland the story in the original game was.

Mr_Moogle

cosmicblizzard said:
Awesome. I'd rather have them recycle XIII indefinitely than risk getting another game like XII.

Fail post.

I'd take large open worlds with towns to explore over an overly stream-lined corridor RPG any day.

If they could incorporate more customisation into FFXIII's character and battle systems, add towns and a more cohesive game world, the FFXIII series could be salvaged.

Also forgot to mention the lame plot line and characters from the original. This is the biggest worry for me and FFXII-2 doesnt look like its going to fix anything.

Mr_Moogle said:
Fail post.

I'd take large open worlds with towns to explore over an overly stream-lined corridor RPG any day.

If they could incorporate more customisation into FFXIII's character and battle systems, add towns and a more cohesive game world, the FFXIII series could be salvaged.

I'm guessing you haven't been keeping up with XIII-2?

Reveirg

Call me crazy but that'd be one of the smartest of the recent moves by S-E.

Not that it's a particularily SMART move though... it's just that at this point, we can at least:

-Have one more HD RPG from Square. So far we've had.... 2, literally, in what..5 years??. (when I say Square, I mean the remnants of -Squaresoft-, not the Enix or Eidos teams)

-One more OST from Hamauzu hopefully =D

XIII-2 is looking great so...

Magnus

MechaX said:
Assuming that this goes down just like XIII-2's registration did, if you could predict that Square would be so far out of the gourd to do an XIII-3, you should be predicting the stock market.
What went down with XIII-2's registration? Why would Square be out of their mind at all to milk XIII?

MechaX

hosannainexcelsis said:
Good old leaping to conclusions and mass outrage GAF. Never change.

I think most of the people here went with "Domain Squatting" as their first answer.

... But then they realize that SE has been pretty loopy this generation.

Magnus said:
What went down with XIII-2's registration? Why would Square be out of their mind at all to milk XIII?

XIII-2 gets registered in a similar fashion, game ends up actually being real sometime later.

And Square kinda would be out of their mind to milk XIII before the sequel is even completed. If by chance XIII-2 goes into bomba status worldwide, how silly would they end up if they invested some amount of development into a hypothetical XIII-3?

exhume

I would welcome a prequel, actually. I always wanted to know more about life on Pulse pre XIII-narrative and would definitely play a game that took that focus.

Sadly...I doubt that's what they're making.

Beth Cyra

Prequel with Fang? Day -1.

Anything else, I will wait to see how XIII-2 goes. No more new characters though, I don't want Serah and Noel so you have shoved enough characters down my throat.

Oh and Vs XIII first damn it.

Why didn't anyone stop to think that maybe they trademarked it just so no one else can? NoA's done that for Xenoblade and The Last Story.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
H_Prestige said:
No.

FF Versus XIII has about as much to do with FFXIII as FF1-12 do. Nothing of importance.

No, I think I remember Tetsuya talking about how they are in the same universe and they share a ton of similarities, and he hinted about them meeting in a game.

The wikipedia does not help my recollection either, as it is a contradiction of the interview with Nomura.

MechaX

Dissonance said:
Why didn't anyone stop to think that maybe they trademarked it just so no one else can? NoA's done that for Xenoblade and The Last Story.

Did NoA ever actually trademark Xenoblade or just kept renewing the old Monado title? (I ask because Monado was on their TBA list for ages).

Beth Cyra

SMT said:
No, I think I remember Tetsuya talking about how they are in the same universe and they share a ton of similarities, and he hinted about them meeting in a game.
Then that is a huge change as for a long time, even when Type-0 was Agito all three shared similar mythos with the Crystals and shit but outside of a few legends/myth shit they were completely seperate games.

Dissonance said:

Why would another publisher/developer register a trademark for Final Fantasy XIII-_ in the first place?

Thats nonsense. Just sayin'

Cornbread78

exhume said:
I would welcome a prequel, actually. I always wanted to know more about life on Pulse pre XIII-narrative and would definitely play a game that took that focus.

Sadly...I doubt that's what they're making.

Yes yes yes... I asked for this last year.

xion4360

SMT said:

The wikipedia does not help my recollection either, as it is a contradiction of the interview with Nomura.

You think you remember, but no..... But hey if you still feel it's true look it up and provide it for the rest of us.

MechaX said:
XIII-2 gets registered in a similar fashion, game ends up actually being real sometime later.

And Square kinda would be out of their mind to milk XIII before the sequel is even completed. If by chance XIII-2 goes into bomba status worldwide, how silly would they end up if they invested some amount of development into a hypothetical XIII-3?

yoichi_wada.jpg

Doesnt this mofo look silly to you?

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
TruePrime said:
Then that is a huge change as for a long time, even when Type-0 was Agito all three shared similar mythos with the Crystals and shit but outside of a few legends/myth shit they were completely seperate games.

xion4360 said:
You think you remember, but no..... But hey if you still feel it's true look it up and provide it for the rest of us.

They might have changed things, I'm not entirely sure as whenever S-E says something, it can be interpreted differently by those who interview them.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Well this is disappointing. After reading up on XIII-2 I was hoping they'd start developing FF XIII-2-2

Magnus

MechaX said:
I think most of the people here went with "Domain Squatting" as their first answer.

... But then they realize that SE has been pretty loopy this generation.

They milked three games out of XIII before even one was released (Fabula Nova Crystallis). ;)

That certainly does seem a terrible and misguided move in retrospect though.

Beth Cyra

SMT said:
They might have changed things, I'm not entirely sure as whenever S-E says something, it can be interpreted differently by those who interview them.
I doubt it, I've followed XIII, XIII-2, Agito, and Vs since the announcement of the Fabula and I don't remember anything suddenly turning around and placing Vs in the XIII universe when all three of the directors said the same thing about them not taking place in the same universes or anything but shared basis in the Crystals.

Dunan

If it's set another five years after FFXIII-2 and features a 50+ Sazh and his much-cooler-than-Hope-was-at-that-age teenaged son Dahj, I'll buy.

Otherwise, meh.

highluxury said:
Why would another publisher/developer register a trademark for Final Fantasy XIII-_ in the first place?

Thats nonsense. Just sayin'
Who says it has to be a publisher?

Some people trademark titles just so they can sell them later and make a profit.

Beth Cyra

WrikaWrek said:
I don't understand, why this universe, why these characters? The demand isn't there.
XII was very split and yet we have 3 games that link to it after it's release. Well 2 came out and linked to it, one of which was a sequel to XII and Tactics Advance which wasn't well receieved either.

Top Bottom