• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2017 - Toot toot, Cold Steel Warrior, shaka brah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rizzi

I booted up Trails of Cold Steel to see how it ran on my PC.
Oh boy. I've only played three hours of TitS, so I guess this world has tanks and shit? I was very confused.
Port runs and looks great though!

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Cibele -- MB-D129903B806A26F9 - Taken by Diedac. 11 entrants total.

t1503466469z1.png

Ascheroth

Oh boy. I've only played three hours of TitS, so I guess this world has tanks and shit? I was very confused.
Orbal Science.
TitS basically starts in backwater town.

Deques

Today is my Steam birthday, happy 9th year!

And also yesterday I beat Transistor. Which is I think my 48th finished game this year

Jadax

1050Ti vs 1060 3GB (6GB is too big a price jump right now).

I've heard some people say need minimum 4GB vram, some say 1060 3GB much better than 1050Ti - anyone know enough about this to recommend something?

Deques

Got this from BundleStars newsletter

https://gallery.mailchimp.com/8c91a39196d452fc8446b9e62/images/505dfe33-68a4-
42af-9f42-8727c930ae58.jpg

edit: looks like the image doesn't work. It's Indie Legends Bundle 6. It's coming this Wednesday

Sarcasm

I've heard some people say need minimum 4GB vram, some say 1060 3GB much better than 1050Ti - anyone know enough about this to recommend something?

The 1060 3gb is better.

I bit the bullet though and went with the 6gb. Worth it. Though both versions cost more where I live then the states that the difference between them wasn't much here locally.

You could see if you can find a RX480 (or 580) and see if cheaper. Good luck finding in stock though.

oipic

It's Indie Legends Bundle 6. It's coming this Wednesday

Thanks, Deques. For reference, Indie Legends Bundle 5 looked like this:

Never Alone Arctic Collection
12 is Better Than 6
Grey Goo Definitive Edition
From the Depths
Robot Roller-Derby Disco Dodgeball
CastleStorm
Memoria
Papo & Yo

Games going forward will need more than 3GB vram. Unless you're fine with settling with medium textures for the newest AAA games, I'd say you better invest on the 6GB model.

abelasabel

Neo Member

definitely get the 1060 3GB for price/performance value. you'll be fine playing at 1080p for most games since you get better framerates by giving up textures the extra vram 1050TI has to offer. but if you really do need that extra vram, get the 470 instead.

Oreoleo

As far as I'm concerned 3GB of VRAM is already obsolete/outdated unless you're playing at 720p or it's purely a stop-gap for another card like 6 months or a year from now. If it were me, I'd go for the cheaper 1050ti until GPU prices even out (whenever that will be) and then get something better, or just save up for the 1060 6gb or 470/480.

Edit: God damn 470 prices on Newegg are hysterical. Didn't that launch as a sub-$200 card?

https://gallery.mailchimp.com/8c91a39196d452fc8446b9e62/images/505dfe33-68a4-
42af-9f42-8727c930ae58.jpg

edit: looks like the image doesn't work. It's Indie Legends Bundle 6. It's coming this Wednesday

Cool, these are usually their best ones.

New Humble in 12 hours or so, this one has to be a decent one right? Right? Maybe? Origin/Ubisoft bundle? Week off Bundle?

jambo

What time is Quake Champions supposed to be going up on Steam.

There isn't even a listing and it's already 5pm on the 22nd in Australia.

Tizoc

Mvc i nownhas 4 ish months to keep the esports scene interested in it

Now hurry up and show more trailers bamco!

zkylon

zkylewd
cleaning up space on my windows drive, kind of crazy the amount of bullshit you accumulate without knowing, but also weird ass shit like wth is this "photoshop temp file" taking 16gbs lol

Deques

cleaning up space on my windows drive, kind of crazy the amount of bullshit you accumulate without knowing, but also weird ass shit like wth is this "photoshop temp file" taking 16gbs lol

Remove it if you are not going to use Photoshop any time soon. I installed it last year, and have never used it since then so I uninstalled it.

oipic

So we get a new Anno, Operation Genesis, the guild and Age of Empires

#pcgamingisdying

Oh gosh, I had missed the Anno 1800 announcement - great news!

The historical setting feels like a better fit for the Anno games, but that may just be some inherent bias due to my love of 1404.

While we're on a roll, how about a new Settlers?

Edit: Beaten soundly by Zeknurn while busily reading the Anno thread

kionedrik

Yeah, it's been a great week. Now where is that Settlers announcement to top it off.

While we're on a roll, how about a new Settlers?

We haven't had a good Settlers game in almost 20 years. I'd love a new game to rekindle the passion for the series but the truth is a new game will have a high probability of not living up to the name.
Let's just be happy that Settler 2 ever existed and still is one of the best strategy games ever made.

Biomutant gameplay

https://youtu.be/NqeZCY2wueE

Tnx lash

Do we know what hardware is running this? It might just be the video compression but the textures look very muddy and the aliasing is extremely noticeable.

Zeknurn

We haven't had a good Settlers game in almost 20 years. I'd love a new game to rekindle the passion for the series but the truth is a new game will have a high probability of not living up to the name.
Let's just be happy that Settler 2 ever existed and still is one of the best strategy games ever made.

As I said in the Anno thread, I'd gladly take another Settlers 2 remake or one for the 20th anniversary of Settlers 3 at this point.

Ubisoft should look at the success of AoE II HD and do the same to Settlers to try to rekindle the excitement for the franchise. There are millions of Germans out there that would rally behind a new (old) good Settlers game if given the chance.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I'll echo the recommendations to either go for the 6GB flavour or opt for the 1050 Ti as a mid-step to something else. 3GB is the new 2GB, which is to say that AAA games are aiming for higher texture budgets these days and you'll just end up regretting it.

How can steam refund games like GTA V or Uplay games? AFAIK they use their own launcher, so if someone hasn't uninstalled the game, aren't they able to still play it?

Mivey

There are tanks in TitS, at least in SC. Liberl is focusing more on air superiority, though. Not a lot of artillery. Erebonia is probably more well rounded, what with being a huge empire

Set in 1983 during the Cold War, Phantom Doctrine is an alternate history thriller in which players lead The Cabal, a secret organization dedicated to fighting a global conspiracy committed to controlling the world by pitting world leaders and nations against one another.

Ludens

Banned
So single-player and cooperative mode in MG Survive are tied together, with progress sharing between the two. If this time Konami won't bring VAC in, it will be a clusterfuck.
EDIT: Well, it seems we won't get a new trailer during Gamescom for Survive, just like three new screenshots and some useless info, confirming this is nothing more than a V rehash with coop. You can rear animals, cultivate plants, all in order to craft new weapons...pretty much all the things I hated from MGSV, I'm sure Konami will fill this segment with microtransactions.

Anno

Any release estimate for this yet?

I don't think so. Tom has been pretty upbeat about the game recently and it got out to some press people though, so hopefully quite soon.

I'm glad Anno is going back to a historical setting. I guess this is kinda the last historic one they can do going forward in time by the same naming conventions though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom