• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

Johndoey

Banned
Golden Circle is rough. Like all the social commentary in the movie being blunt to the point of absolute absurdity is clearly intentional, but it didn't really land for me. More than that it's just not as good an action movie as the first. The ending fight is excellent, but besides that it's just solid. Moore is great but her material was lackluster.
The returning cast all put in good work especially Egerton.

I wanted the movie to hit that John Wick 2 spot of being about as good as the first and I don't think it managed that.

D i Z

Don't even try

Have it your way. Your survival might depend on a little support.

Golden Circle is rough. Like all the social commentary in the movie being blunt to the point of absolute absurdity is clearly intentional, but it didn't really land for me. More than that it's just not as good an action movie as the first. The ending fight is excellent, but besides that it's just solid. Moore is great but her material was lackluster.
The returning cast all put in good work especially Egerton.

I wanted the movie to hit that John Wick 2 spot of being about as good as the first and I don't think it managed that.

They did rush it out to keep the momentum up. I'm not surprised. But I also didn't find any value in the first one, so there is that.

Went to a friend's birthday party. Their neighbors who were high and drunk as hell showed up and shit got awkward since they'd never introduced themselves. The neighbors said some vaguely stereotypical things to some people and then got even higher with some of the other partying people. Shit was weird.

Shy

You know that was Shy that said that, right? No backing out now.

You know that was Numb that said that, right? You should handle that, my dude.
P3upP5c.gif

People wonder why people dont want to be known as a gamer.

https://youtu.be/AHAA-MGIyjc

Maybe because its because the industry is so pathetic they think its ok to put out a trailer with black face imagery in 2017.

Like real talk I wonder why I want to associate with such a tone deaf toxic community.

Slayven

It just hit me, the two most main faces for storm troopers are black. Finn and Captain Phasma

Yo how mad they going to be if Captain Phasma starts running shit?

Beefy

That South Park thread. Got dudes calling people snowflakes and another dude saying only black people can be offendee. Smh

-----------------

Afternoon fam

It just hit me, the two most main faces for storm troopers are black. Finn and Captain Phasma

Wait, I thought Captain Phasma was ol'Brienne of Tarth under that mask. They pull a reverse Vader?

sphagnum

Banned

Phasma isn't black but the First Order was founded by a black woman, Grand Admiral Rae Sloane.

sphagnum

Banned
The new canon actually has a plethora of pretty notable black female characters. Steela Gerrera, Shalla Mondatha, Nakari Kelen, Sana Starros, Rae Sloane, Ciena Ree, Vi Moradi, etc. Ever since Kennedy took over theyve been making up for lost time.

Slayven

If the Star Wars Universe didn't have wookies I am sure they would have brown folks to enslave

Mothma doesn't care about Wookies

Furyous

People wonder why people dont want to be known as a gamer.

https://youtu.be/AHAA-MGIyjc

Maybe because its because the industry is so pathetic they think its ok to put out a trailer with black face imagery in 2017.

Like real talk I wonder why I want to associate with such a tone deaf toxic community.

You could've just said it without posting the link to the imagery. Not trying to see black face in a video as the first thing in the morning.

Yeah the alt right has damn near taken away a lot of things I used to like such as video games and anime. They reclaimed anime and turned it into animu waifu bs trolling people with their avys.

---

Morning BCTGAF, what's for breakfast.

I woke up walked outside and hugged someone's upset dog then dared the owner to say something about it.

Y'all seen the NFL players refute Trump with that late night black twitter just got off work fuck your status slander? Lesean called him an asshole. Sherm gave him the Loaded Lux rebuttal by pointing out Trump is divisive and refused to condemn white supremacists.

Slayven

It is amazing how hostile the gaming industry and culture is to women, lbgtq, and PoC. I mean even Hollywood won't call people nigger to their faces.

Good afternoon.
---
Damn. Mother nature bringing the heat today. Where the hell were you back in July...and August!?

It is amazing how hostile the gaming industry and culture is to women, lbgtq, and PoC. I mean even Hollywood won't call people nigger to their faces.

That's the whole tech industry. The other problem is that public faces of some of these companies aren't constantly more vocal about condemning these people in the industry and the communities. Only after the they burn down the house, then they start talking about how they should prevent fires.

Slayven

Good afternoon.
---
Damn. Mother nature bringing the heat today. Where the hell were you back in July...and August!?

That's the whole tech industry. The other problem is that public faces of some of these companies aren't constantly more vocal about condemning these people in the industry and the communities. Only after the they burn down the house, then they start talking about how they should prevent fires.

Sometimes not even then, just whine that the house burned down

D i Z

Morn'in all.

Any of you guys and girls watching The Deuce ?

Caught up with the second episode last night. It was quite good.

LOL.

I have em recorded, but haven't had time between headshots to watch em. Is good, yah?

------

We should get NFL jobs as water boys/girls so that we can run up and take a knee. Fuck this clown ass 45 and his ilk.

Top Bottom