• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

quabba

Oh wow just realised that we can get AU codes from the Nintendo Humble Bundle that's on. I had assumed it was US only

Umm FTTP?

Speaking of which, I'm getting my mum's place hooked up to FTTP in a couple of weeks. Maybe I'll move back in. hah.

Of course FTTP is better then FTTN. Unfortunately the reality for the bulk of Aussie homes is FTTP isn't available and won't be at all; since the NBN/govt clusterfuck.

I am jealous, congrats.

Quasar

Good God. On phone with centrelink. 2hrs and counting in queue....

Well...after 3 hrs on hold my cordless phones battery died. Fucking brilliant.

Stackboy

Civil War was really good, not the best Marvel movie ever, but still super enjoyable.

That title goes to Guardians of the Galaxy or The Winter Soldier.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
I just played with an iPad pro. Hooley Dooley that thing is huge. And an apple pen. So unnecessary and expensive.

Gazunta

Yeah Stack, I would agree with that. As much as I enjoyed it being completely stuffed with some of my fave characters
SPIDER-MAN!!!!!!!!!!
it got exhausting after a while, and I preferred the tighter tension a smaller cast has in Guardians or TWS.

Sentences I thought I would never, ever say unironically: Aunt May is completely hot OMG

Good God. On phone with centrelink. 2hrs and counting in queue....

Well...after 3 hrs on hold my cordless phones battery died. Fucking brilliant.

Oh man, don't get me started. They could at least have the decency to straight up tell you to fuck off if you have the audacity to call them.

Oh wow just realised that we can get AU codes from the Nintendo Humble Bundle that's on. I had assumed it was US only

Nintendo... games... cheap? Does not compute.

I don't have a 3DS, but I'd absolutely pay $9 US for Affordable Space Adventures, Shantae and Freedom Planet. Sold.

Quasar

Oh man, don't get me started. They could at least have the decency to straight up tell you to fuck off if you have the audacity to call them.

You'd think a system where you left your details and they called you back would work.

As it is my failed attempt has me having to try again tomorrow. Trying real early to avoid stupid queue lengths.

Rizzi

You'd think a system where you left your details and they called you back would work.

As it is my failed attempt has me having to try again tomorrow. Trying real early to avoid stupid queue lengths.

You're never going to avoid stupid queue lengths.

dity

It took my partner two hours on the phone, 1.5 hours on phone might I add, to cancel her payment. To CANCEL her payment. You think they would have just gone "yep sure" but nope.

Bishop89

I have a game still wrapped, will JB allow me to return for a refund?

I purchased it around 2 weeks ago.

Not sure what their return policy is, and i couldnt find it on their website.

EDIT: Nevermind, found it

I have a game still wrapped, will JB allow me to return for a refund?

I purchased it around 2 weeks ago.

Not sure what their return policy is, and i couldnt find it on their website.

EDIT: Nevermind, found it
"No refund allowed for PC Games or Computer Software" even if unopened. Sounds arbitrary to have that for games and not other discs?

Jintor

I doubt it would stand up against Australian Consumer Law.

it won't. they're probably just hoping nobody challenges it.

/edit if it's faulty/misrepresented/'fit for purpose'/etc, that is. I don't think the ACL requires you to give refunds willy-nilly.

dity

May as well go to JB and give it a shot, if it's still sealed you might be able to talk your way in to a refund or exchange.

Unopened though? Shitty practice.
Might be because they can't always account for if the case has been vacuum sealed or not at the time of purchase?

May as well go to JB and give it a shot, if it's still sealed you might be able to talk your way in to a refund or exchange.

Unopened though? Shitty practice.

You should at least ask someone in the store. So long as it's not some EB trade bait gone wrong (do people still do that?), and if the game looks new and can be sold as new, you might have a shot.

MoonGred

Man this cold has been hanging around for 2 weeks now, even after getting antibiotics last week it's still here and worse than ever.
Completely forgot how much it sucks to be sick urgh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom