• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 for Switch launches September 22 in the Americas and Europe

sirap

No DLC? Fuuuuuuck.

Guess I'm going back to playing it on Steam. Not gonna fork out another 60 for the base game.

royox

no, game is about $40 for ps4/xbo and if you use GCU at best buy its $32, with GCU/Prime for the switch price making it $40 its not as bad as thinking we'd have to pay $60 + the dlc , so technically you'll be paying $20 for the season pass/dlc making it $60 if you're smart about it.

The game is on sale just now. Pretty sure it was full priced before the sale as I had it targeted waiting for it to happen (for PS4).

bman94

I tried to like this game on the PS4 and just couldn't get into it. I just want to play something like Budokai (1-3) and Burst Limit. So at this point I am excited for FighterZ.

Same, I don't consider it a fighting game at all and it bugs me when people do.

marmoka

Banned
I'm more excited for FighterZ, but is this game worth our time and money?

After watching the trailer, I'm seriously considering to purchase it.

Yay! Not sure if this or Pokken...
c7NJRa2.gif

ASaiyan

Banned
This is becoming a strange trend where a notable boxed third party game launches on the same day as a Nintendo-published title:

April: Puyo Puyo Tetris: Out same day as Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
May: Disgaea 5 Complete: Out same day as USFII (published by Nintendo)
July: Fate/Extella: Out same day as Splatoon 2
September: DBZ Xenoverse 2: Out same day as Pokken DX.
October: Nights of Azure 2: Out same day as Super Mario Odyssey

This is not true for NA though. Puyo Puyo released three days before Mario Kart. Disgaea dropped three days before USF2. And Fate/Extella is scheduled to launch four days after Spla2oon.

DBZ is definitely launching the same day as Pokken though, which is an odd choice to say the least, lol. I guess they figured there'd be no overlap but I am interested in both and will probably only be able to pick up one at first.

ryushe

Yay! Not sure if this or Pokken...
I haven't played Pokken at all but I'd personally pick Xenoverse 2.

I'm a huge Dragon Ball fan, so I'm a bit biased but Xenoverse 2 is meaty as heck, especially if we're getting Xenoverse 1 as well. IMO, Pokken just looks like a kind of bad 3D fighter with a Pokémon skin. I'm honestly a little surprised there's even a debate on which to get that day but I guess it depends what IP you're more invested in.

Cerbero

I haven't played Pokken at all but I'd personally pick Xenoverse 2.

I'm a huge Dragon Ball fan, so I'm a bit biased but this game is meaty as heck, especially if we're getting Xenoverse 1 as well. IMO, Pokken just looks like a kind of bad 3D fighter with a Pokémon skin. I'm honestly a little surprised there's even a debate on which to get that day but I guess it depends what IP you're more invested in.
Pokken is hella fun.

jph139

Yeah, I think launching Xenoverse 2 and Pokken together is actually not a bad move. They target different gaming audiences but similar IP audiences in the West - most people that watched DBZ probably watched Pokemon. So if you want a serious 1v1 fighting game there's Pokken, but if you want a more flashy, fanservicey fighter there's Xenoverse.

Ridley327

Ah gotcha.

That's not to bad. I don't need this to be a competitive game if it wasn't designed to be that. Sound similar to, at their basic, to other games with hub worlds like Destiny, Warframe, PSO, etc. At the very least is the hub world filled people actually playing at that moment in that they'e being controlled by them? Or is it just the avatars of other players selected at random? I know there is multiplayer. Or are there two hubs for offline/single player or online?

Price is really my biggest issue at this point after watching more video. I want it but I'm not sure I want to pay $60 without any extras.

The hub is set up like Splatoon, so there aren't any live players, but since it's such a large hub, it's rather busy-looking.

ryushe

Pokken is hella fun.
Oh, I'm sure it is and not trying to shit on Pokken - which now reading my previous post, sounds like I'm doing - but what else is there than just fighting? Is there a campaign? Things to unlock? Special modes? Etc. I'm admittedly uninformed about the game, but it doesn't look like there's more than just the fighting. Which is fine, but to me looks like the lesser package of the two. But then again, like I said before, I'm a huge DB fan.

I'm most likely going to get Pokken... one day, but I'm definitely double dipping on XV2 day one for the portability aspect alone.

This is not true for NA though. Puyo Puyo released three days before Mario Kart. Disgaea dropped three days before USF2. And Fate/Extella is scheduled to launch four days after Spla2oon.

DBZ is definitely launching the same day as Pokken though, which is an odd choice to say the least, lol. I guess they figured there'd be no overlap but I am interested in both and will probably only be able to pick up one at first.

I guess we'd be going into semantics there - it's the same release week timing and a few days doesn't matter when it comes to online pre-orders where games are shipped ahead of release.

I wasn't a big fan of Xenoverse 1 on the PS4, but I may give this a go when it drops in price... then again I might just hold off for FighterZ to scratch that DB game itch though.

Fj0823

Not including the DLC Super Characters is just too dumb

You could've easily bundled as SUPER Dragon Ball XV2 or some shit

LordKano

Oh, I'm sure it is and not trying to shit on Pokken - which now reading my previous post, sounds like I'm doing - but what else is there than just fighting? Is there a campaign? Things to unlock? Special modes? Etc. I'm admittedly uninformed about the game, but it doesn't look like there's more than just the fighting. Which is fine, but to me looks like the lesser package of the two. But then again, like I said before, I'm a huge DB fan.

I'm most likely going to get Pokken... one day, but I'm definitely double dipping on XV2 day one for the portability aspect alone.

It's a fighting game, why would you expect anything else than fighting in it.

Eolz

I was under the impression that the DLC is there, but it has to be purchased like the other consoles.

That's what people mean by that yeah.
Not an Injustice WiiU situation. Just that when the game will be released on Switch, all the DLC woukd have been out on other consoles and could have been at least partially free in a full price port coming one year later.

I hope they don't judge wether to bring fighterz or not based on the sales of this one... Cause I know a lot of people who are just passing on xeno because of fighterz.
Too bad.
KS: There’s an overwhelmingly insane support for a Nintendo Switch version of FighterZ. Have you seen the outreach and is there anything you would like to say to them?

TH: In terms of the Switch version, we’re currently working on Xenoverse 2 for the Switch, so we want players to first go there, and then we can talk about FighterZ.

This is becoming a strange trend where a notable boxed third party game launches on the same day as a Nintendo-published title:

April: Puyo Puyo Tetris: Out same day as Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
May: Disgaea 5 Complete: Out same day as USFII (published by Nintendo)
July: Fate/Extella: Out same day as Splatoon 2
September: DBZ Xenoverse 2: Out same day as Pokken DX.
October: Nights of Azure 2: Out same day as Super Mario Odyssey

Now we know that this didn't hurt either Disgaea 5 and Puyo Tetris sales, as both versions of the game sold well, but I'm not too sure about Xenoverse 2 considering how they share the same genre.

July is going to make my wallet hurt. :/
I'll be going with Xenoverse and Odyssey for the other months, tho.

SeppOCE

I don't think they expected FighterZ to be the hype fueled machine that it is. People arguably want that game because it looks straight from the anime. No DBZ game has really ever been like that graphically before. It made sense that XV2 got ported instead of a new IP they'd have to take a chance on. What sucks now is that they don't seem to want to consider it and I'd bet they're waiting to see how many people buy XV2.

TDLink

More of this dumb third party logic that was employed on Wii U.

"We'll only consider porting our new game that everyone wants if you buy this older game in the franchise that has nothing to do with the new one...6 months - 1 Year late...without the DLC included and still sold separately...at full MSRP."

It's bullshit and it keeps happening. How do these companies seriously expect these late ports to perform like that. People aren't -that- desperate for Switch games, maybe if it was a launch title you could kind of get away with it. But in the Holiday season when all these other games are coming out? No Way. It at the very least should include all the DLC for $50, or be much cheaper to reflect the price, at the time of release, on other platforms. And a late port like this certainly shouldn't effect a completely different game, even if it utilizes the same license.

All the talk about FightersZ made me want to see if any DLC was included with this. Not that I'm surprised but has definitely cemented me not getting this. XV1 was okay, and FightersZ looks like a dream come true so I can wait.

ReaperXL7

Really? I guess a lot of people are AFK then, because all they do is stand around.

This isn't really that uncommon, not a direct comparison in gamestyle but if you ever play an MMO or any game in which you can customize your character and show it off people tend to just go AFK in public spaces.

A good example is FFXIV, go to any major hub town in that game and there are tons of people just sitting there because they are showing off their glamours, or their new mount or raid weapon.

It's going to be harder and harder for other fighting games to excuse bare bones releases when you have devs like NR and many anime fighting game devs pushing out games with a ton of content and things to do.

Beth Cyra

Full Price this late and not including he DLC stings.

I would love to buy FighterZ, but I won't be able to really commit to Verse 2 until we know for sure how the Verse 1 DLC works for North America given they are likely to still want a premium this far out of the original release.

moeman

This is a very poor argument in 2017 when fighting games with heavy single player content are succeeding while while games without "anything else than fighting" are struggling to gain popularity. I think it's a fair question to ask, and decent single player content is absolutely reasonable to ask for.

Effect

Looks like there was a new commercial/trailer released in Japan. Honestly I think it's a pretty cool commercial. I'm curious now if Bandai Namco is going to advertise this outside of Japan. It releases next month. I haven't been checking out any kids channels lately so I don't know if ads have been showing there at this point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drMrEai_UtQ

Honestly I've been enjoying Dragon Ball Super so much lately, and while I want FighterZ (will get the PC version) I think I'm still going to pick this up in the end to satisfy that itch.

J@hranimo

Banned
I just did a search and was wondering if anyone posted the recent commercial. I agree it's pretty good! I may get this mainly for the singleplayer content. Hopefully it sells decently well and DBFZ does end up coming later on.

Haven't a DBZ game since one of the early ones on the 360 haha.

Deciding factor for me is going to be whether or not it includes the X1 campaign or not.

Ditto as far as day 1 is concerned. It's a guarantee purchase, but if the XV1 stuff is pre-order/day 1 DLC, then I'm in right away.

Edit: Asked their US twitter account, hopefully we'll find out.

RootCause

Already have it preordered. Just wish we had some news on the dlc. It better come with the preorder content from the initial release(Goku Black Base).

I mean PC is ridiculously the definitive version due to the absolutely incredible mod support.

That said they couldn't have made this worse for switch fans. No DLC feels like a huge kick in the face.

Top Bottom