• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October is stacked for games, what are you buying?

GavinUK86

Yup! October is VERY busy for me.

dYvFxLg.jpg

HNGYld0.jpg

mGQbY3b.jpg

PsbTg38.jpg

i8nU3T5.jpg

I'm going to be skint.

:(

But awesome games.

:)

DMONKUMA

For sure ones are Evil Within 2, FE Warriors, BattleChasers, Destiny 2 and Wolfenstein 2. I'm might get Mario and AC: Origins but I'm not sure yet....

Zenner

Oct 19: Age of Empires: Definitive Edition - I just picked up the RTS bug again, with the recent Halo Wars 2. Very much looking forward to this blast from the past. I thought it was Xbox Play Anywhere, but apparently not. Wololooo

Oct 24: Just Dance 2018 - almost done with the last big challenges in 2017, and ready for the next edition. Hopefully they'll retain the cross-platform World Dance Floor... and add in an easy way to send challenges back & forth, this time. While the selection of songs included was a big step down last year, I gotta say the new lineup doesn't seem that much better. Luckily, there's the Unlimited Pass (40 bux a year) that lets you access every Just Dance song in the game's history - well worth it, imo.

giphy.gif

That's it from me. Everything else will be waiting for a Thanksgiving or Christmas sale. :p

Probably just Mario at launch, thank god, haha.

Wolfenstein 2 I'm sure I'll get eventually, but I haven't even finished the DLC for the first game yet.

Assassin's Creed I'll probably also get eventually, but even with the extra year off, I still have a backlog of several Assassin's Creed games. I tried AC Rogue (too similar to 4, which I played a ton of), haven't even started Unity, and don't even own Syndicate yet.

Mordor I think I'll just wait for a sale. Looks like fun, but there's so much else out and I don't particularly feel like supporting all of WB's shadier shit they've added to this game.

PtKid

Banned
I have already bought Destiny 2 and pre-ordered South Park and Wolfenstein.

Might get AC:O and Shadow of War if reviews and Gaf impressions are good.

LAM09

South Park is the last game I'll be getting for sure this year.

Will definitely pick up Super Mario Odyssey once I get a Switch & might get AC Origins at some point, if reviews are good.

Octavia

Unconfirmed Member
Probably not anything honestly. Gaming is too expensive.

I'm not paying $350 to play Mario Oddessy.

Forza Motorsport 7 is cool but I think I'd rather just play horizon 3 which I already own.

The Evil Within 2 sounds neat from the previews, but not $60 neat. I can't afford that. Maybe when it's on sale and if it turns out good.

JarlRaven

The Evil Within 2
Wolfenstein II
Super Mario Odyssey are all insta locks for me day one.
Also interested in South Park but will probably have to get that later down the line closer to the holidays.

Lingitiz

Mario, Fire Emblem Warriors, and Destiny 2 PC. Mostly just playing Switch these days.

Will probably end up getting quite a few surprise indies on Switch.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Super Mario Odyssey
Wolfenstein 2 The New Colossus
Assassins Creed Origins

October 27 will be insane. LAWD!

I think I'm leaning towards a quiet month, I bought a ton of games through September, and Danganronpa will be as much as October game as Sept.

Just Mario, the switch edition of Axiom Verge and Yono & the celestial elephants as a lock then and then I'll just see as I go along.

Figgles

Mario is the only definite. The Forza demo was terrible, so that's off the list. South Park and The Evil Within 2 will depend on reviews. I'll get Wolfenstein for $5 in a summer sale.

Breakaway

Assassin's Creed for sure, and probably Dragon's Dogma since it's too good to pass up at $30, especially when I haven't played Dark Arisen yet.

Puru

Nothing really speaks to me on that list as something i instantly need so nothing.
I'll probably get Yomawari at a later point though.

Maybe... Evil Within, South Park, Age of Empires, Superstar Saga. Or at least one of them, but I generally need to await feedback on all.

Scoops312

Banned
Day One:
A Hat in Time
Evil Within 2
AC: Origins

After:
South Park: Fractured but Whole
Middle Earth: Shadow of War
Wolfenstien 2
Hidden Agenda

Sucks for Wolfenstien, if it released a week earlier I would get it.

StarPhlox

I lost a bet

So I want to just get Super Mario Odyssey

But I also agreed to buy Middle-Earth Shadow of War, The Evil Within 2, Wolfenstein II, and Assassin's Creed: Origins

Yeah....gonna be an expensive month

Dysun

Fire Emblem Warriors
Destiny 2 PC
Super Mario Odyssey
Wolfenstein II
Assassins Creed Origins

It's definitely a stacked month. I'm buying Destiny 2 just to have something to play online with a group of friends but I'm not that interested. I imagine Mario will take up all of my time and interest otherwise.

I came into the thread to post "just Mario Odyssey" but I learned from the OP that Raiden V is coming to PS4/Windows so I might pick that up, too.

In the meantime, I'm planning to finish Metroid, Mario + Rabbids, and Danganronpa 1-2 Reload

Unforgiven212

Neo Member
On Release
- South Park TFBW
- Assassin's Creed Origins
- Super Mario Odyssey

Eventually
- Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen
- Layton's Mystery Journey
- Shadow of War
- The Evil Within 2
- Wolfenstein 2

Probably just Super Mario Odyssey, Fire Emblem Warriors, and Destiny 2. I do really want Battlechasers, though.

Edit:Yo what A Hat in Time is releasing? May have to get that as well unless my brother buys it (probably will). If so Ill just piggy back off his copy.

Top Bottom