• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DJMAX Respect |OT| Press DJ For MAX Respect

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Anybody outside of the first wave had their physical copy dispatched by Play Asia? My order got put in on the 27th and it still says it's preparing.

Avalt

Game is hard, pretty much restricted to 4* and lower tracks for now. Anything higher and it becomes button mashing!

+1 respect to whomever composed the menu music... sooooo GOOD!

The Technika 1 note skin is my favorite so far.

The 6th mission in the 4th club of Mission Mode is a fun one.

"Global Sensation" is the name. 4, 6B songs (Triple Zoe, Another DAY, Kuda and Mulch). I'm enjoying it because of the notecharts. Nothing tricky about the songs but they flow so well.

Only Sampling Masters MEGA can take random sound effects and mash it into something awesome lol.

8B missions will be my roadblock. Was never good at it. I can't process something like R1 + triangle + d-pad right, for example. Just looks and feels weird.

Lylo

Guys, never played this game before, but i loved playing older Guitar Hero games on controller. Will i like this game? I'm really open minded regarding musical genres.

Deft Beck

There appears to be a bug that allows you to instantly get MAX 100% on every note and not break your combo. This is currently causing the leaderboards to be saturated toward the top.

Expect a patch and a leaderboard wipe soon.

BiggNife

Hmmmm

Really tempted to get this but I prefer rhythm games on portable systems

I did definitely have a pretty big DJMAX phase with my psp back in the day even though I sucked at it

xzeldax3

There appears to be a bug that allows you to instantly get MAX 100% on every note and not break your combo. This is currently causing the leaderboards to be saturated toward the top.

Damn that sucks :/
I made some good scores!

Guys, never played this game before, but i loved playing older Guitar Hero games on controller. Will i like this game? I'm really open minded regarding musical genres.

I think you'll enjoy this game.

There are 4 difficulty levels. You can use 4 buttons, 5 buttons, 6 buttons or 8. Within those difficulties, each song has their own difficulty as well: normal, hard and max.

8 buttons is crazy and definitely takes some learning. Even if you feel like the challenge is too much and you can't improve, something like 4 buttons or 5 is still satisfying to play. Don't let the fact that you're only using 4 buttons make you think things are easy ;)

I was never good at 8 buttons and probably never will be and I'm fine with that. The music is what keeps me coming back and this game has an amazing soundtrack.

You're getting a heck of a package. 146 songs. Background videos for each that are unlockable. Gallery photos. In game achievements that are separate from trophies. Stats page. Whether you've been a rhythm game fan for years or you just started, it's a must buy IMO.

Oh man, that sucks. That's no fun. Hopefully they do wipe the Leaderboards.

Just noticed when you look through the in game achievements, on the bottom where they list what you unlock, you'll see a little trophy icon next to some of them. Means there's a PSN trophy associated with that unlock.

cj_iwakura

Best get that 999k combo trophy fast!

Any streams handy?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So how do I go about unlocking songs for free play? I've played them on Arcade and they aren't available to play otherwise...

MattAces

I can finally play in my own profile. Anybody up for a game now? Add me, iMattAces

20376073_2042613852422867_7327444815885843522_n.jpg

Dantero

There was a time when I had a really hard time playing seeker hd so I played it over and over again until I could max combo it.
Now I'm back to being god awful at it....
Does it not matter whether or not you spin the analog stick during the stick notes? I've only tried spinning after holding for a bit to see a difference, so I don't know if immediately spinning gets you more combo but it sure would be nice if spinning didn't matter at all.

There was a time when I had a really hard time playing seeker hd so I played it over and over again until I could max combo it.
Now I'm back to being god awful at it....
Does it not matter whether or not you spin the analog stick during the stick notes? I've only tried spinning after holding for a bit to see a difference, so I don't know if immediately spinning gets you more combo but it sure would be nice if spinning didn't matter at all.

It doesn't matter, just hold it in any direction

My order is now packing!

Come heeeeeere, I neeeeeed it.

My order shipped a few hours ago

It was to be shipped with the first batch, but my CC was declined, so it went to the second batch (stock received on July 29th)

Just shipped, it will arrive this Friday sadly

spadge

Does anyone have any experience ordering from Play-Asia to the UK?

I'm pretty sure my order was in the first batch (shipped on Friday) and I chose Economy shipping to the UK. Not sure when I should expect to receive it?

Been watching streams and the wait is killing me!

Roubjon

Decided to watch some high-level game play... Zero chance I ever beat Mission mode.
-- Final Boss Spoilers --
And they called it _NORMAL_ mode ("XB Normal"). I cannot imagine that Hard and MX patterns are on their way

The missions get pretty difficult relatively early on, which is nice for those of us who have spent years playing the series. It kinda sucks for everyone else though.

Does anyone have any experience ordering from Play-Asia to the UK?

I'm pretty sure my order was in the first batch (shipped on Friday) and I chose Economy shipping to the UK. Not sure when I should expect to receive it?

Been watching streams and the wait is killing me!
I'm in the same. The only difference being that I live in Germany. I hope so much that it will arrive before the weekend.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I read an interview last night about this and it's only for mission mode. That would be insane to play. Not looking forward to this.

Yea, mission mode gets hard pretty quick.

That's too bad. It would be neat to be able to eventually unlock 10B mode. I mean, I'm not even close to good enough to play 8B mode well, so it's a stretch for me...But I imagine it would give the top tier players a new challenge!

I'm in the same. The only difference being that I live in Germany. I hope so much that it will arrive before the weekend.

Well...I picked expedite and will arrive on Friday, was shopped a few hours ago...

I have ordered in Economy Shipping before and usually takes around a week and a half, but I noticed the delay is related to Customs, so there's that

spadge

Well...I picked expedite and will arrive on Friday, was shopped a few hours ago...

I have ordered in Economy Shipping before and usually takes around a week and a half, but I noticed the delay is related to Customs, so there's that

Good to know, thanks. I was worried it was going to be a lot longer than that.

I have no idea how to use the tracking number given to me, I use an app that usually detects the service but it can't work out this one (thinks it's been sent with SingPost but can't provide any information)

Good to know, thanks. I was worried it was going to be a lot longer than that.

I have no idea how to use the tracking number given to me, I use an app that usually detects the service but it can't work out this one (thinks it's been sent with SingPost but can't provide any information)
AFAIK economy shipping doesn't support tracking beyond the country it was shipped from.

Which means that we'll stay in the dark for the majority of the shipping duration.

Linkr2

Neo Member
Mine arrived today but I wasn't home at the moment :( Super frustrating :_D

I'm from Spain, shipped by UPS.

I will have it tomorrow! (I hope XD)

Dantero

Just tried the multiplayer for a bit. We played only 4b except for the last song(6b). Probably the best way to find people to play with on the same difficulty. Even though I won 12:2 the score difference was never very high, so a pretty good first experience.
Played up to 13*, I don't think I even have a 4b above that. Leveled from 22 to 27 and unlocked 14 songs during that, lol.
The comments seriously need some more options, at least let me say "bye", or "My fingers hurt so I gotta stop".

Koppai

If anyone in this topic was looking for a copy, I am selling my physical copy for exactly what I paid to have it shipped here.

I ended up downloading on PSN and tried to get Play-Asia to cancel the order, but ofcourse they waited until after they shipped it to respond.

Roubjon

Update is downloading on my PS4 now. I'm assuming this fixes the bug posted earlier?

Here's a list of the patch notes, thanks Glas.

Changelog:
- BPM is now listed on songs
- 100% Exploit has been Patched
- Menu moves smoothly
- Restarting song or going to song select wont break combo in Freestlye

Changelog:
- Menu moves smoothly

Nice. I actually was hoping BPM would be included. That's awesome.

Not breaking combo by restarting is great news as well.

Edit: If you're playing a song, and you miss a note then choose to go back to the song selection, it will reset your combo. Just happened to me. Going to build another combo then try again.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wow, nice to hear they added/fixed some things rather quickly. Super nice that restarting or quitting a song won't break your combo.

cj_iwakura

Replayed some Clazziquai today at work. Not the best substitute, but it works.

Does anyone here know anything about playing O2Jam nowadays? I made a thread, but got no responses.

If anyone in this topic was looking for a copy, I am selling my physical copy for exactly what I paid to have it shipped here.

Might help if we knew what that was...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Edit: If you're playing a song, and you miss a note then choose to go back to the song selection, it will reset your combo. Just happened to me. Going to build another combo then try again.
Aw crap, guess it's back to using the "hit home & exit the game completely" trick.

I keep wanting to give in, but I feel as though I should just wait for news on the US version, especially when I've already planned what games I'm getting for the next few months (Sept. & Oct. are going to be packed) & I don't feel like dealing with the hassle of making a 3rd PSN account just to get the DLC.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

Changelog:
- Menu moves smoothly

BPM is a HUGE addition. I was wondering where that went.

Just noticed NB RANGER - Virgin Force (which is a great song) has 2 different movies playing in the background...depending on difficulty? One is the live action video and the other is the comic strip one.

I thought it was based on difficulty but after I checked a few more times, the comic strip video doesn't show up lol. That's the one I saw on the above stream a few moments ago, on Hard. I don't know what triggers it but yea, 2 movies can play during that song. Not sure if others have that.

On the 5th set of missions now..and unlocked 3 for the 6th. The 5th set has 3 missions with 8B. Not only that, but one of the 8B missions has the mod "Blink" which makes the notes appear then disappear then reappear throughout the song. Yeaaaaaa, that's going to take a while.

Top Bottom