• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT2| Use a security token. Seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAttyboy

I have question to the ppl playing Arcanist (I am Scholar) have you unlock the Summoner and Scholar and switching between them, like questing with the Summoner and doing dungeons with Scholar?

Nibiru

Banned
I really do hope they identify that people are choosing to use massive FATE zergs as their leveling tool of choice and add some stuff to offset that. Even if it's just boosting the EXP you get in dungeons, that would be a big start. Implementing some sort of decay system would also help but I don't want them to do that unless they make leveling via other means viable, because then we'd just be left with slow leveling.

A decay system would be bad. XP boost for dungeons has to happen imo.

Teknoman

I think the problem with some massive enemy group fates is that there are far too many enemies clustered in one spot. Should spread them out abit like Conquest back in the day.

Not sure what can be done about the giant enemy fates since people will all group in one spot regardless.

Are end game armors the same armor sets that we see when we first create a character? Is there other armor sets aside from grand company ones?

Jathaine

Are end game armors the same armor sets that we see when we first create a character? Is there other armor sets aside from grand company ones?

The armor you see is the "AF" sets. Quest armor... there's definitely much better gear that you can get.
Its like the baseline endgame gear. Tier I-like armor.

Blitzhex

Retail copies are sold out where I live and digital orders are down... I need to get in on the action. Anyone have a ffxiv 1.0 buddy code for sale? I've heard they unlock ARR. I can paypal etc.

MrTapion

Neo Member
Should've called to escalate the ticket last week bro. Got my shit fixed on Wednesday.

I got the same issue sadly, talked to someone online support, and said issue was escalated. No fix yet. This was on wednesday night. Hopefully someone be around tomorrow, although I know it's labor day. Try to give them a call early in the morning.

Vashetti

Banned
Yay new thread smell!!

Hoping to get to 40+ today on monk.

c2m.gif

Effect

It's going to be really interesting to see what the retention rate is going to be like next month with the way things things are going. :( If I had to repay for the client again I'd be extremely pissed. I'm only really annoyed at the moment since I got the client for free and at least half a month free from buying and wasting my money before. These are errors are completely unacceptable with this being Square Enix's 4th MMO launch.

real talk people.

is this game good.

Yes. The problem is getting in to actually play the game. That's a damn mess right now and there really is no set time one can try to have better results.

Teknoman

Retail copies are sold out where I live and digital orders are down... I need to get in on the action. Anyone have a ffxiv 1.0 buddy code for sale? I've heard they unlock ARR. I can paypal etc.

I thought i had one...but it might be really hard to get a 1.0 buddy pass nowadays.

Iresecia

Neo Member

Wait is that true? I had a buddy pass back in the day and played 1.0 but I couldn't get into the early access.

falastini

I keep hearing these duty finder horror stories. Thank god I rolled a tank. It's gonna suck when I have to level my pug.

Oh... Am I missing anything important by not doing the guildhests? I've been leveling fine without them so I've been saving them for an alt.

People at last boss already? Jesus christ.
Jesus is the final boss? This story is amazing.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I shouldn't have logged out to install something!!! Especially since I didn't play any today yet.

I've had my macro running for 2 hours.

happypup

I keep hearing these duty finder horror stories. Thank god I rolled a tank. It's gonna suck when I have to level my pug.

I feel like it has gotten faster but locking the story progress behind a dungeon that takes me 90 minutes to get into is really frustrating.

not as frustrating though as having the story progress level locked and not having enough quests to get me to that level. I don't like doing fates because I feel like I am not contributing meaningfully to it. I am out of levequest allotments so I can only do six of those a day. and dungeons take at least 45 or so minutes to get into. I got to the mid 30's really efficiently but now I get to the required level eventually, run the quest line and unlocked side quests and still have half a level to get before I can proceed. then I go do something else.

Ghostofst4rm4n

Neo Member
Oh... Am I missing anything important by not doing the guildhests? I've been leveling fine without them so I've been saving them for an alt.

Just a nice boost to exp. the first time you do one you get a bump to the ammount of exp received. You should try them all at least once.

smr00

Banned

It took me almost 3 hours to get a group for Infrit and almost 2 hours for the mines.

I assume it won't be as hard once the game actually goes live to where everyone can log in and more people buy the game. I know a lot of people who really want to pick this up and play.

Zafir

Wait is that true? I had a buddy pass back in the day and played 1.0 but I couldn't get into the early access.
Well, for early access you needed a 1.0 legacy account or a pre-order code. So you wouldn't have been able to access it anyway.

Teknoman

For all you ladies and gents relying on the finder for stuff, just make a party or make part of the party, then register.

Yondy604

Banned
Hey thanks for this option. I have a few questions though

1) How does this bypass the queue system? If thats what you mean by "Q"

2) If not, doesn't the keystroke cancel your line in wait for queue?

I ask this because after 45 minutes, I haven't been able to get in. I noticed it just repeat strokes, which very well may cancel the queue up. Thanks.

Basically you get in before the Q even happens, the clicker is faster then human clicking. The moment a spot opens, you take it

C.Dark.DN

Banned

Jesus is the final boss? This story is amazing.
Thank god I've had guild mates to roll with most of the time. I did have one 60 min queue.

I like melee and tanking, but I don't see myself as an endgame tank so I switched from MRD to LNC. I wish MRD had a DPS Job as well.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS TO SIGNIFICANTLY INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF LOGGING INTO THE SERVER ON PC.

ERROR 1017
:

STEP 1
: Download the program Auto-Keyboard.
http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Miscellaneous/Auto-Keyboard.shtml

STEP 2:
When you download Auto-Keyboard. CLICK KEYSTROKE, A new menu will open up.

STEP 3:
Put in these numbers above. Press NUMPAD 0 / DELAY 50 / Generate 10000000

STEP 4: Press the "start" button and set it up for F1 (should be automatic).

STEP 5: LOG INTO THE GAME, WHEN YOU GET TO THE CHARACTER SELECTION SCREEN, PRESS F1. (IT will automatically click Num 0 which significantly increases chance to get in).

STEP 6: Go have some coffee, and come back in 15 min.

WHAT THIS DOES NOT FIX
NA/JP ERRORS (If you get this, you have to stop the program by pressing F1) Then reopen client and do it again.
10102 (If you get this logging in, it will kick you out automatically).

WHAT THIS WILL FIX
Error 1017
Q Problem (It will bypass the Q system)
REMEMBER EVERY SINGLE TIME you USE the program, you have to go back into it and reset the NUM 0 (Meaning open it up, click Num 1 then Num 0 again, it will reset it).

Summary: Is this a 100% success rate?, No but it's about 95%, I have gotten in basically every single time within 15/30 min. Be patient.
If you see OTHER errors then 1017, this will NOT fix the problem.

PS - A ton of people on mumble are doing this trick now, And it's gaining huge steam, it's working extremely well, if you have ANY questions. LET ME KNOW.
I run a macro on my razer nostromo that does this and I can vouch.

Also, If you do get in a queue, the macro will keep resetting it. I've gotten in the game after like 10 resets after killing the macro, but you have to notice it. You can notice it by sound. You'll keep hearing swish sound or whatever.

In the end, being able to get away from the computer is a godsend. It can run 30+ minutes straight without an error or queue pop and you don't want to waste your time do things manually.

gribbles

Banned
Anyone got any tips for the teratosaur bees? We try to dps them down as fast as we can but invariably there's always one bee that manages to pull off a final sting which oneshots our tank.

falastini

Just a nice boost to exp. the first time you do one you get a bump to the ammount of exp received. You should try them all at least once.

Yeah I know. Was just wondering of any of the later guildhests had some important rewards or whatever. If it's just XP I'll save it for my alts. I've been leveling fine without them. Almost 40 before I got side tracked with crafting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom