• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Draw Something

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm addicted to this game. Played 2 hours straight last night. Everything to buy is too expensive though.

Someone drew a bird for bieber. Needless to say I didn't get it.

lol am loving this.

Will never use a stylus though. Kinda loses the 'spirit' of trying to guess your shitty finger painting.

Invite me to a game. Ign is same as gaf name.

SLV

Hehe, i am having fun already, made something stylus like from a battery and the resistive film, better then my stuby fingers lol, hit me up for a draw off, nickname Armijs ! BTW i suck at drawing, always have, always will ;)

BEHOLD, my shitty creation

Je3lt.jpg

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
The reviews on the App Store are saying that the paid version of this game is broken on iPad... can anyone confirm this? My wife loves this game!

andycapps

FWIW, paid version on Android is supposed to be more stable than ad supported. I bought the paid version for $.99 anyway because I hate ads.

I can't seem to understand its rules. Do you try to make the other guy not guess on purpose? you can draw something totally wrong and have him guess wrong and if the purpose is to make him guess write we can just write it

gatisimo

Best game ever. Add me if you're not the type to write clues out, and simply rely on drawing!

Username is MarceloNYC

Quote to view, since I don't want to get spammed.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I can't seem to understand its rules. Do you try to make the other guy not guess on purpose? you can draw something totally wrong and have him guess wrong and if the purpose is to make him guess write we can just write it

Because that would defeat the purpose in playing the game? It would be a bit like, instead of playing tennis with a partner, you just agreed to tell everyone you were playing tennis?

Anyway, add me as Jedeye Sniv if you fancy a game.

SLV

Best game ever. Add me if you're not the type to write clues out, and simply rely on drawing!

Username is

Quote to view, since I don't want to get spammed.

Sorry dude, i totally suck >.<, and my choice was not the best either...

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
How long do you usually need to wait before finding a game? I've tried adding people from here and searching for randoms and it seems it just searches forever... servers overloaded or something?

SLV

Bah, i cant do this decently on a SGS 2, will have to try on Tab 10.1

How long do you usually need to wait before finding a game? I've tried adding people from here and searching for randoms and it seems it just searches forever... servers overloaded or something?

Always has been instant for me on android

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Bah, i cant do this decently on a SGS 2, will have to try on Tab 10.1

Always has been instant for me on android

hmmm... might be the shitty firewall here at work...

EDIT: oh, got a game. but now it's just saying loading game for over a minute...

web01

This app is completely glitched/broken you will get the notification that x player has completed their drawing and then go into the app and it will not appear at all.

I was playing it with my sister and our games kept getting stuck in limbo forever forcing us to delete them and make new ones. Have the same problem with random players also. Got the messages the other players turn was complete but they never appeared in the app. Too bad too because I had some great streaks going.

Hehe, i am having fun already, made something stylus like from a battery and the resistive film, better then my stuby fingers lol, hit me up for a draw off, nickname Armijs ! BTW i suck at drawing, always have, always will ;)

Hmm. I wonder if something like that would work with my 3DS stylus.

The reviews on the App Store are saying that the paid version of this game is broken on iPad... can anyone confirm this? My wife loves this game!

Notifications seem a bit borked and once in a while you'll have to shut down the app from the multitask bar so that it refreshes games.

Tried using a homemade stylus on my Nexus last night but it just wasn't as fun. I'm thinking a real stylus will feel and work better on a tablet, though. Also, I really hate the proper nouns... err... I really hate when other people have to draw proper nouns for me. Nobody ever adds a song title or movie / tv show name!

Downhome

Ok guys, send me all the invites you want. My username is: RockySC

I try not to ever type words of any sort, but sometimes I do break down and do so. I also will use arrows to point at things. Oh, and I also suck at drawing, but I'm working to improve that, lol.

I hate when people write out the answer. What is the point? Is it just to get coins or what? I don't even see the purpose in playing if you are just going to write the answer out. Heck, I've seen some people ONLY write the answer out, no drawing or anything. Idiots.

Why is this thread in the OT section btw?

Fox Mulder

some random people suck.

I drew the terminator thumbs up in lava for the word thumb, and they didn't get it. Their turn was medusa and they just wrote the word. Why even play the game if you're not going to bother drawing anything?

I've been playing with some gaffers. lol. Games fun bun some things are frustrating.

- A back button during drawing or guessing. Sometimes I get matched up with people who just scribble. I don't feel like backing out of the entire game and rebooting it just to cancel that game with the person, or even if I decided to play another game.

- Undo button up 3 moves (at least)

- Paint bucket

* (Opacity would be nice but that would ruin the color packs I suppose)

sangreal

fresh addict here. been playing for a few days now. feel free to shoot my an invite: sangreal06

note: I am terrible at drawing, but I try to make up for it creatively.

NH Apache

Banned
LOL at divorce

Had Ireland earlier and did pot of gold, guiness and shamrock. Then for no reason wrote MY ISLAND at the bottom. I was watching his replay and the last text got it for him. He's a big Braveheart fan. lol

Also addicted to this game, its really really fun! :D
I'm extremely bad at it but I really enjoy it.

Also has this been posted?

http://www.businessinsider.com/omg-...nloads-and-generates-6-figures-per-day-2012-3
OMG: 5-Week-Old App Draw Something Hits 20 Million Downloads And Generates 6-Figures Per Day

Dan Porter, CEO of OMGPOP
Three weeks ago, we wrote about OMGPOP's mobile app, Draw Something. The ten-day-old social game had been downloaded more than 1.2 million times.

Now the company has shared even more staggering numbers with us. In just five weeks, the pictionary-like game has been downloaded 20 million times.

That's more users than 3-year-old Foursquare has. That's almost as many users as 1.5-year-old Instagram.

Draw Something is one of the fastest growing mobile apps of all time.

CEO Dan Porter tells us the game is generating 6-figures per day. His company has generated more revenue from the game in five weeks than the entire company generated last year. He hasn't spent a dime on marketing since the app's first week.

Of the 20 million downloads, Porter says 12 million are active users. Celebrities including Miley Cyrus and The Jersey Shore cast have tweeted about it.

"It's the number one app in 79 countries -- I can't even name 79 countries!" says Porter. He says his team of 40 has been run ragged trying to keep up with growth. Users have produced more than 1 billion drawings. On March 11, 3,000 Draw Something pictures were being made per second.

Porter says part of the genius behind his app is that it requires two people to play. Most games, like Angry Birds, can be played alone.

Naturally, investors have been reaching out to Porter. Unfortunately Porter doesn't have any time to spare for them right now.

Here's an infographic on the extraordinary amount of Draw Something activity (below).
draw-something-stats.jpg

kinggroin

Banned
Screenshot_2012_03_11_20_12_47.png

That was my sad attempt at an ewok for my sister. Good enough for her to guess right though.

Wish I had a stylus for this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom