• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NOA Club Nintendo Gold And Platinum Prizes Revealed, And You're Not Gonna Like it...

Comandr

Spend a tremendous amount of money for Platinum status, get a freely and infinitely generatable code for a download. What a fucking insult. Horrible.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Sweet. I like gaming merchandise sometimes, but I'd almost always prefer free games!

Labrys

Even if I did get gold, I own most of those games and the others don't interest me/I don't have the console. I guess it all turned out for the better.

Earthbound for platinum is sweet though

Guess I'll go for Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, though from a quick search, it looks like I'll need to get a bigger SD card (DKCR3D is over 17k blocks; 2.1GB)

HUELEN10

Well, it's a fight between Game & Wario, NES Remix and Earthbound... which one should I pick?
image.php

I would've liked something physical, but DKR3D is a pretty good reward.

If I didn't have Game & Wario, I'd probably get that.

Edit: Goddamn, need a new SD card.

ya no im actually happy about this as i have been wanting to get dkcr for 3ds for a long time now and this just saved me some money lol

DKCR3D should be an easy pick for anyone who hasn't played it.

Is Game and Wario any good? Debating between that and NES Remix.

Game and Wario is FANTASTIC if you have a group of people to play with locally. The Sketch game and the Fruit game make it worth the purchase.

I'm between NES Remix and DKCR3D.
I played DKC on Wii, if that changes anything.

Rocky

Banned
Wow, I'm pretty pissed because I already have the games I'd want to get. Do they bother checking what Platinum/Gold members have bought? I'm sure a lot of them already have those games.

Is the download code tied to your CN account or can I give it to someone else? I might just get something for my niece and nephew who have a WiiU.

You bought games for codes? lol

Why lol? He's right. We spend a lot of money to get Platinum and they offer games most of us probably already have.

Anustart

Fuck our lives. We buy nintendo games and they only give us a free game for that????? /s Plat has some good games. Got dkcr 3d even though I 100%d wii version, excited too.

Well I know what to complain about in my next CN survey. It used to be Virtual Console shittiness, never thought I'd have to replace that with something else...

Comandr

You bought games for codes? lol

The platinum reward is usually a nice collectable or some kind of thank you for being loyal to the company. I think you misconstrued what I meant.

Often times people will buy the Nintendo-platform port if it means supporting the company and getting a nice bonus at the end of the year. This is just a slap in the face.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
What a horrid selection for Gold members, on top of everything else. Last year there were at least a couple of eShop games like Sakura Samurai. Now it's all Virtual Console stuff. Goddamnit Nintendo. =/

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Those are awesome, if they aren't going to do a decent physical reward at least they are offering some quality games.

Shame there's no calendar though, I liked those. Maybe they will make that a normal prize.

batbeg

If I get Game and Wario does it count towards the Nintendo Digital Deluxe Promotion? I would imagine it might give more points towards next years shitty reward selection?

Torn between that and DKCR3D - never played this or the original, though I rarely bother to play games on my 3DS and it's mostly just a backlog beast for me.

So is Game & Wario.

Why are people forgetting Game & Wario?

I still say Plat should get a Plat game AND a Gold game.

Yeah, but I'm in a position where I both don't have a Wii U and don't care about Game and Wario

But I do have a 3DS and I do care about DKCR3D.

vazel

Banned
I feel insulted, I really seriously feel insulted. I was expecting unique rewards that I can only get through Club Nintendo. If they're going to offer a selection like this the least they can do is allow people that reached Platinum status to choose 2-3 games.

I guess I'll choose either Game & Wario or Dr. Luigi. Since Earthbound is a VC title I'll wait and see if that shows up as a monthly reward option for 250 coins or however much SNES games go for.

Shauni

wtf people?

Game & wario is $40, Donkey kong is $35

both are good games you are getting for FREE

:|

I think the issue for most people is that they already own those games. I, however, do not, so I'm cool with it.

Though I still need to know if I'll get e-mailed the code or not...I won't be back home until August so I need to know if I can download Game & Wario before the rewards go down or if I should go for DK.

Top Bottom