• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT9| Kaladesh - Cruisin' Down the Street in my 6/4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Jimmy is so much better at making this seem like a professional presentation than Wil was.

c0646b4ff7e158570d00393c080bc853.jpg

Firemind

Yeah this was put together by people who have, like, actually watched a video before.

This is actually good tho. White needs a non-human race they can do all the time and red is all set with goblins so it's okay to mix it up.
What about the lizard people: Viashino?

Gremlins look freaking dumb.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Can't protect herself at all but could be pretty nuts if you build around her.

Dack didn't either, but Dack's +1 is actually pretty busted, whereas Saheeli's +1 is pretty bad.

But I'm guessing a Saheeli deck is less trying to plus and more trying to play a 3 mana clone.

Angry Grimace

lol @ the +1

They're running out of interesting space.

I think its one of the worst +1's in a long time. Scry 1 + ping is worth like half a card or so, I think and she has no way to protect herself at all in any way.

It's in a weird color combo, too, but we haven't seen much of the set. I think whether its good is whether the minus is worth anything.

Actually a bit disappointed that gremlins are red, since when I heard they were in the set, my thought was, "Oh neat, they found a way for black to interact with artifacts." (The few gremlins printed have been black)

As for dwarves, I imagine there will still be some red ones.

The art is simply gorgeous but she seems the most Mehmet for a 3cmc walker yet. She doesn't draw she filters badly and she doesn't protect herself. She doesn't generate card advantage quickly either.

Crocodile

• I'm not sure how I feel about Saheeli's card yet but I'm super feeling her character/design <3
  • It's a shame they couldn't figure out how to do Contraptions in time for this set. Seems it would have been perfect.
  • LOL @ "did you check out our LN chapter we posted online" :p
  • Also, did the music get all "evil" like when the Vedalken PW just showed up on screen? Subtle much?

Angry Grimace

Her +1 is way worse then Dack's, but her -2 is way better isn't it?

It's way worse in the format Dack is designed for.

If Dack was in standard it would be format warping because his plus is ridiculous.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Seems way worse? Dacks changes the board state significantly

I guess I view Dack's as being so matchup dependent, and he makes more sense in eternal formats. In an imaginary format where I have some R/U shell with both Dac and Saheeli are legal and I'm facing down Bant Company, Dack's -2 is dead and he protects himself even less

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom