• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

New webcast every Friday at ~6:30pm

toonami.com
Toonami Tumblr
Toonami Simulcast

CFuJ1vO.png

LKg28Ea.png

nWkVvJU.png

BPP2VJu.png

M2uBGTt.png

iUa6Rf1.png

CFuJ1vO.png

bnGk0Sk.png

CFuJ1vO.png

cdbyGya.png

CFuJ1vO.png

|OT0| |OT1| |OT2| |OT3| |OT4| |OT5| |OT6| |OT7| |OT8| |OT9| |Jan14| |Feb14| |Mar14| |Apr14| [May14| |Jun14| |Jul14| |Aug14| |Sep14| |Oct14| |Nov14| |Dec14| |Jan15| |Feb15| |Mar15| |Apr15| |May15| |Jun15| |Jul15| |Aug15| |Sep15| |Oct15| |NovDec15| |Jan16| |Feb16| |Mar16| |Apr16| |May16||JunJul16||AugSep16|

Seda

oPW1ruI.png

Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans: December 10
One Punch Man: January 28, 2017
JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: April 22 2017
Dragon Ball Z Kai: March 3, 2018
Hunter X Hunter: March 9, 2019
Dragon Ball Super: ┐(ツ)┌
Naruto Shippuden: AHAHAHA....
One Piece: ....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
DIC- wait, third place? How? I feel like I post less these days...

Covering three months huh? I know there's minimally three marathons with less posting so we shall see.

Then again, Jojo is starting up and that will probably attract a crowd.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Damn, I forgot just how long we've got HxH for.

How many marathons do we normally get in Dec? 17th & 24th will be marathons, not to mention Jan. 1st as well. I could've sworn we had 3 marathons in Dec. last year.

Seda

12:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 88 - Showdown! Cell vs. Goku!
12:30 - One-Punch Man - 11 - The Dominator of the Universe
1:00 - Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans - 16 - Fumitan Admoss
1:30 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 22 - A × Dangerous × Watchdog
2:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 129 - Infiltrate! The Village Hidden in the Rain
2:30 - One Piece - 363 - Chopper Is Furious!! Hogback's Evil Medical Practices
3:00 - Parasyte -the maxim- - 22 - Repose and Awakening
3:30 - Parasyte -the maxim- - 23 - Life and Vows
4:00 - Parasyte -the maxim- - 24 - Parasitic Beasts - END

And we don't know what's happening on Oct 8, because Parasyte's presumed replacement (One Punch Man) will still have one episode remaining before its inevitable rerun.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Damn, I forgot just how long we've got HxH for.

How many marathons do we normally get in Dec? 17th & 24th will be marathons, not to mention Jan. 1st as well. I could've sworn we had 3 marathons in Dec. last year.

I think it's like most of the month, if not the whole thing.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Last year's marathons in December:

Dec. 19th: DBZ Kai
Dec. 26th: One Piece

So just two.

Meanwhile, this year, the 17th, 24th, & 31st will fall on Saturday, so I would imagine this year will have 3 marathons.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
We might get a Jojo marathon.

Dope.
Oh damn, that's right, Part 1 would be ending just before we'd be going into the marathon part of the month.

Not to mention, Part 1 is only 9 episodes long, meaning we can watch just about all of it in one night.

Also something I noticed, April Fools falls on a Saturday next year. Considering the time Toonami would air, it would then be April 2nd, but hey, maybe they'll do something in the final moments of April Fools Day.

Seda

Thinking ahead: even though the Buu Arc isn't well received in general, I wonder how much having a proper soundtrack (and opening) will bolster it. The crippled Kikuchi score is such a damper.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Thinking ahead: even though the Buu Arc isn't well received in general, I wonder how much having a proper soundtrack (and opening) will bolster it. The crippled Kikuchi score is such a damper.

Condensing it would likely help too. That shit went on forever.

Mizerman

Having a Kai version of Buu would benefit it even more.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I don't recall my problems with the Buu saga having anything to do with the music.

It's the fact that most of it is completely pointless, and despite the initial theme of the arc (and indeed the entire show really) being the rise of a new generation of fighters, it's all just fucking Goku and Vegeta at the end again.

Jarate

Banned
Buu saga still sucks majorly

If you hate main characters who are so powerful that the only way for the villain to exist is because the heroes are so literally incompetent, then by golly is the Buu saga for you

The Buu fight itself is fairly good, but the way it treats Gohan, and the the shitty kids, and the story itself is really lame

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I don't recall my problems with the Buu saga having anything to do with the music.

It's the fact that most of it is completely pointless, and despite the initial theme of the arc (and indeed the entire show really) being the rise of a new generation of fighters, it's all just fucking Goku and Vegeta at the end again.

They've got plenty of gas left in the tank, brother.

I've got to help my brother move out of his apartment tomorrow...Gotta spend the night to do it...

All I can think about is George Carlin's speech on stuff right now.

Seda

How do I put this.

Here are the various musical tracks, as I understand it (feel free to correct):

Japanese DBZ: Kikuchi
English DBZ: Falcouner
Original DBZ Kai: Yamamoto
Substitute DBZ Kai: Poorly placed and truncated Kikuchi tracks
Buu Kai: Sumitomo

I like Yamamoto's music, plagiarized or not. I had a fondness for his stuff back in the Budokai games before DBZ Kai was even a thing. I'm kind of a stupid soundtrack nerd, and things like this are significant factor in my enjoyment. I like the Frieza and Cell arcs, despite all their problems, but the substitute music just sucks. I never heard how the Kikuchi score was utilized in the original DBZ, but I have to imagine it it was notably better than what we are getting now.

All I'm saying if that if Sumitomo's stuff (which I'm unfamiliar with) is any good at all and isn't crippled, like what we are getting now, it's a boon to me despite everything else.

zulux21

I'm mostly looking forward to seeing the gohan in highschool kai version as the manga did that stuff much cleaner and faster so I am curious how they edited for kai and if they added new scenes to make it more true to the manga.

I could watch the japanese version but well...
I really don't want to watch gohan on screen in japanese.
nor most of the cast really as I dislike the japanese voices for most of the characters, so yeah...

buu arc won't have a proper soundtrack on toonami because it will be missing the GOAT

Moaradin

How do I put this.

Here are the various musical tracks, as I understand it (feel free to correct):

Japanese DBZ: Kikuchi
English DBZ: Falcouner
Original DBZ Kai: Yamamoto
Substitute DBZ Kai: Poorly placed and truncated Kikuchi tracks
Buu Kai: Sumitomo

I like Yamamoto's music, plagiarized or not. I had a fondness for his stuff back in the Budokai games before DBZ Kai was even a thing. I'm kind of a stupid soundtrack nerd, and things like this are significant factor in my enjoyment. I like the Frieza and Cell arcs, despite all their problems, but the substitute music just sucks. I never heard how the Kikuchi score was utilized in the original DBZ, but I have to imagine it it was notably better than what we are getting now.

All I'm saying if that if Sumitomo's stuff (which I'm unfamiliar with) is any good at all and isn't crippled, like what we are getting now, it's a boon to me despite everything else.

Sumitomo has been the composer for all the recent dragon ball stuff, including the movies and super. Haven't heard Buu Kai at all, but if it's anything like the movies, then it's mostly serviceable but nothing that sticks out.

His Budokai Soundtrack was some good shit
That was plagiarized as well, which is why they removed it from the Budokai HD Collection.

The Buu Kai arc music isn't great by any means either with a lot of cheap synth, but it should be better than the same Kikuchi tracks played ad nauseam throughout the entire arc.

The other problem is that Toei went cheap on the remastering process and did it themselves instead of sending it to Q-TEC like Kai 1.0. So there is a noticeable green tint that looks really terrible.

VuKOU74.png

The one on the left is the original vs. the color corrected version a fan on Kanzenshu did. Many other countries used this same master, so there isn't much hope that Funimation fixes it.

Moaradin

Yeah that is unfortunate.

Funimation has been sitting on it for ages now if rumors were true. So maybe they can do something about it? They've done it in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom