• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seattle-GAF!

Atenhaus

The double murder in Puyallup happened no more than a quarter mile away from my parents' house.

Just what the fuck is going on in this region?

yayaba

My gf and I just got back from visiting Seattle/Vancouver for the first time this past Memorial Day weekend. Didn't even realize the shootings have been going on the past month and we stayed in downtown too (1st & Madison) and walked around between there and Pike Place Market.

I was planning on us going to the Seattle Center Saturday where the guy randomly got shot by the Space Needle but we instead went on Sunday.

Ugh, scary shit nevertheless. I liked the time I spent in your guys' city and hope the gun violence dies down over the next couple of months. I certainly didn't notice anything was amiss when we were there.

The Cafe Race shooter was the same person as the 8th and Seneca shooter.

Cops all over the place in my neighborhood driving home today. What a terrible chain of events.

Used to the really crazy shit happening in the other parts of the State. Crazy seems ingrained in the region a bit though. Bundy.. Ridgeway.. beltway sniper.. those mass cop killings.. plethora of people offing entire families over the years, etc.

BUT LEAVE MY SEATTLE ALONE YOU CRAZIES!

A friend of mine from junior high and high school, her sister was in Cafe Racer during the shooting. You can see her sitting with her back to the shooter reading a book in a few of the security cam shots. She's fine, but pretty shaken up based on her Facebook comments.

pax217

I was in Harborview when they brought the shooter in, got a good look at him from about 5 feet away; I'm glad he gave himself what he deserved.

keeth

Neo Member
Huh. I was going to bump this a week or so ago, because the wife and I are coming down to Seattle for a couple of concerts (from Vancouver). Thread's full of great information, especially about restaurants!

The chilling part of this for me is the innocent bystanders being hurt. That's awful - I mean, every shooting is, but you know what I'm saying.

When we had a really bad spate of gun violence up here a.. year or two ago? It was bad, a shooting every day or two, but it was almost uniformly gang members.

Stay safe, Seattle. Hide yo guns. I'm Canadian. :-(

dubc35

First glass of free market whiskey. :)

pen.jpg

(sorry for the terrible phone pic)

Heh, I walked across the street from work and bought a bottle too. Thought about Mad Men-ing it up at my desk this afternoon, but decided to save it for home.

Yeah, I don't drink a lot of liquor but I'm probably going to buy some after work tomorrow just because I can. I'll save it for when I finish my finals next week.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
I don't get it. The QFC down the street sold every bottle of liquor they had in one day. Is it just the novelty that's causing such a sales rush? I mean, it's the same stuff you could've gotten at the state liquor store nearby for less money...

dekjo

Me too. Shitty measure that gives exclusive rights to sell liquor to only large stores. Basically another great corporate giveaway. Fucking costco.

I voted against it to. Not a fan of the results so far - price for a bottle of Basil whiskey has gone up $5.

dubc35

The Seattle Times is loving the liquor debate. "OMG so expensive!" I voted for it and the two purchases I've made since have been the same or less than the state run liquor stores. This comment by captainbeefy (lol) sums up my thoughts.
Here's the funniest/most annoying thing in this whole debate. I can understand the person who was against privatization of liquor in the first place. Fine, I disagree, but respect your opinion. The person I have no respect for is the person who voted to privatize liquor, walked into a grocery store the last couple of days to get a bottle, saw it was a buck or two more expensive, and immediately moans and groans that they wish it could go back to the way it was before, or they were bamboozled or whatever. Give me a freakin break. Have a backbone for once in your life. You supported it, so stand by your decision. You have to know that, given a little time, competitive forces in the marketplace will tend to get the price right where it needs to be. Not only that, but there are some govt. payoffs built into the system right now that, while complete BS, will work themselves out.

Hmm, what is that baby drinking?

DM-I don't really know much about home brewing, but some buddies of mine started up a homebrew club kinda near you. You should check them out if you're looking for some like-minded folks to collaborate with. They're called the Central District Brewing Collective: cdbrewing.com/

So the Oklahoma City Sonics are in the playoffs. Imagining what the atmosphere would be like here in Seattle with that team.
Yeah, man. I should be drunk at Floyd's Place on Lower Queen Anne right now.

feelsbadman.jpg

Did that pinball museum meetup ever happen?
Not sure but the Capitol Hill one did back in February and it was awesome! Regardless, I was thinking it might be time to get another GAF meetup going. Any takers?

DM-I don't really know much about home brewing, but some buddies of mine started up a homebrew club kinda near you. You should check them out if you're looking for some like-minded folks to collaborate with. They're called the Central District Brewing Collective: cdbrewing.com/

I live in Greenlake, but my buddy who's house we brew at lives down in Seward Park. There's a group of four us who always get together and brew. Thanks, though!

Chichikov

So the Oklahoma City Sonics are in the playoffs. Imagining what the atmosphere would be like here in Seattle with that team.
Fuck that team.
They're going to make me root for Boston.

I'll need a Silkwood shower to get the stench out of me (and they're going to crush whoever comes out of the east anyway).

Fuck Stern, fuck the FThunder and fuck dunejump.

Top Bottom