• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption 2 new trailer coming 28 september, 11AM ET

What are you most looking forward to in the trailer?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jayu26

I am ready.

Top of the page so a bonus gif...
tenor.gif

PulseMC

Neo Member
So the initial announcement wasn't about the game releasing in Fall 2017, it was for the next trailer to release.

Sneaky R*.

I feel like there won't be a delay announcement. If that were the case, we would have gotten the trailer way sooner and they wouldn't let us wait a week, but maybe Rockstar is that sadisitc.

Yeah plus it seems like whatever weapons are in the game will also have the added benefit of customizations, as proven by one of the released screenshots in May.

Go all Lee Van Cleef from For a Few Dollars More with a added stock to the revolver. lol
et-pour-quelques-dollars-de-plus-1965-26-g.jpg

tumblr_nm1fwrjo6g1ry6e0go1_400.gif

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Oh shit a bunch of landscapes and random scenes with no new info. I can't wait.

Businesses and their shareholders tend to strive/demand their properties maximize their revenue, not rest on their laurels becuase it's already done well.

Do they? then why didn't they put pressure on R* to release the game on the Switch yet?

The port not worth it. It's not just the process of porting the game over like L.A. Noire that wouldn't need much post-launch support. Don't forget the support and maintenance GTA and RDR would need for years after release. For a fairly different version of the game, it might even require dedicated teams.

Wamb0wneD

I heally hope they don't fuck up the base PS4 version in some way. Really hyped for this nontheless. Bring me the gameplay.

TrojanAg

If you're expecting gameplay footage then expect to be disappointed. Rockstar doesn't really show that sort of thing in their trailers. I expect to see the characters introduced and basic premise. Not much else.

The first one was announced around this time, I think, then released in May. I just remember there was a short period between the two.

sjay1994

It works, and they can afford it.
People are so fucking starved for anything from them, that even an image like this, get folks in a frenzy.

Maybe I'm not as whipped up because right now they are 1 out of 3 of games from them I legitimately enjoyed, with me absolutely adoring RDR, disliking MP3 and loathing GTAV.

Even though I know I loved Red Dead... I feel MP3 and GTAV made me incredibly cynical to R* that this kinda thing of them just dropping a date behind a red background irks me because you are right.

They can get away with this, because people are starved and will rush to buy their games in droves.

Businesses and their shareholders tend to strive/demand their properties maximize their revenue, not rest on their laurels becuase it's already done well.

Wholeheartedly agree with your posts in this thread, and T2 have announced Switch versions later, so, it's neither unthinkable nor impossible. It's alright to want it to happen, and it's a non-exclusive title, so, Nintendo fans/Switch owners and PC users are just asking "Can we play, too?" - You're not wrong to ask this, and Rockstar should be honoured to know that more people want to play the games they create. What you have here is a handful of people drawing arbitrary lines under their favourites, and declaring it the bare minimum, in an effort to exclude others from the discussion. It says more about them as people, and it's better to block and ignore their console-warrior, gatekeeping BS, tbqh.

Duchess O'Death's argument is poppycock, too. Who's to say that the game's publisher wouldn't invest in resources for Nintendo or PC users? Bethesda were presented with similar challenges, too, but the desire to make it succeed is there. Now that they're there, you don't hear that other versions of Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus are "hurt" by the Switch's existence, because that idea is BS. Also, the idea that it would be a completely different game is a reach, considering that NBA2K18 wasn't, and there's no indication that WWE2K18 is. Once more, it's gatekeeping under the veil of "post-game support" concern-trolling (By the way, it exists on the Switch with Splatoon 2, ARMS, and game patches, and on PCs for even longer than that with mods, expansion packs, etc.).

Boke1879

I think we'll get a story teaser of sorts kinda outlining some of the characters. I think there will be gameplay snippets throughout as well.

Simo

maybe but a cover reveal woudlnt happen next week, would be something like October 3rd or 10th

Not necessarily. They've revealed covers early before even when they're still doing online stories for the current issue.

Reiner just might be excited for Thursday though. lol Is there anything planned for that day gaming news wise?

Duchess O'Death's argument is poppycock, too. Who's to say that the game's publisher wouldn't invest in resources for Nintendo or PC users? Bethesda were presented with similar challenges, too, but the desire to make it succeed is there. Now that they're there, you don't hear that other versions of Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus are "hurt" by the Switch's existence, because that idea is BS. Also, the idea that it would be a completely different game is a reach, considering that NBA2K18 wasn't, and there's on indication that WWE2K18 is. Once more, it's gatekeeping under the veil of "post-game support" concern-trolling (By the way, it exists on the Switch with Splatoon 2, ARMS, and game patches, and on PCs for even longer than that with mods, expansion packs, etc.).

As I said regarding LA Noire. The same goes for Bethesda games. They wouldn't require as much support and maintenance post-launch as GTA and RDR. So a Switch port is easier to manage.

As for PC users, I think we will eventually get the game on PC.

And I wasn't saying the Switch isn't capable of handling post-launch support. Those examples you provided are Switch exclusives and they're dedicating all their resources on the Switch. For games like RDR and GTA with the amount of content, support, and maintenance required post-launch for years for all versions, it makes more business sense to for them to support PS4Pro and X1X instead of the Switch. For instance, GTAOnline still has technical problems 4 years after release. Imagine managing another fairly different version of the game. It would be a nightmare for the devs.

Yes, they might sell more copies if they port it to the Switch but the trade off is not worth it. It could require dedicated teams and that would cost them so much.

Many people seem to underestimate the importance of support and maintenance.

Though if they port the single player mode only, that might work.

Van Bur3n

Here is hoping it goes by the traditional Rockstar formula with introducing a new story and cast of characters. Really don't need a direct prequel to Redemption.

And despite how pointless it is, I do hope the multiplayer doesn't involve as much bullshit as GTAO. I put over a 1000 hours in RDR's multiplayer. I'd be willing to do it again if they can recreate that experience in a more lively world with more content.

Simo

How long has it been since the last trailer? It feels like we've been waiting for this game forever.

Last October, the announcement trailer. We've only had that and the 7 screenshots in May released. Nothing else nor any details.

So to say we're starved for more media and info is an understatement. lol

Simo

Don't do this to yourself :( They're gonna release a 2 minute story trailer like the "My Name is John Marston" trailer. That's if we're lucky!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sU0PwzdMiY

I expect a full fledged gameplay trailer in January/February. Something like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mc8ptmcCHMI

I'd love a trailer like the Marston one - Story focused revealing our protagonist(s) mixed with gameplay. Also the Marston trailer was the second trailer released for RDR and announced the release date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom