• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus teasing new Etrian Odyssey announcement this week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Demon Gaze sold something like 80k+ (including digital), I believe that's better than just about every other recent Wizardry-style RPG not made by Atlus. So regardless of the difference in userbases, there's a significant audience for that kind of game on the Vita.

That said, this sounds more like Etrian Odyssey: Chrono Academy than a Vita port.

I dunno if we can compare Demon Gaze and and Etrian Odyssey. The former is definitely more fanservice than the latter.

I just want to know what they're calling it...if it's EO5 or not. It sounds like it's not a direct sequel to EO4, that's for sure. And if it's not, I hope they still make a sequel.

The Director of EO3 is making a new "EO series" game. However, this doesn't say if the rest of the development team from 3 and 4 are working on this new game, or if the director from IV will do another.

I dunno if we can compare Demon Gaze and and Etrian Odyssey. The former is definitely more fanservice than the latter.
There wasn't actually much of it in Demon Gaze according to people who played it. And it certainly wouldn't compare to a true "fanservice-crawler" like Dungeon Travelers.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
People should definitely hype themselves up for it being a Vita game, too.

I'm going to unhype myself for a 360 version.

Nekki

I can imagine an online component on the next EO. Be it Co-op, or guild vs guild battles... or something like that.

Sandfox

I'm guessing one of the following:
EOV 3DS
new game(maybe spinoff) that plays a lot differently
crossover like PxZ or SMTxFE

btkadams

is every etrian odyssey game first-person? i tried the demo of the 3ds game and it made me feel nauseated.

also, i'm a bit confused, since people often make in-the-know jokes in these japanese gaming threads. is this for-sure going to be an etrian odyssey announcement and is it for-sure going to be a 3ds game?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Fighting and tactics games are the most popular for spinoffs. Monster raising used to be in vogue and this series is old school... I'm going for dating sim.

Aeana

Fighting and tactics games are the most popular for spinoffs. Monster raising used to be in vogue and this series is old school... I'm going for dating sim.
Sucks if you're into women. There aren't any of those in EO. Some of the dudes look okay though.

B.K.

I think it's too soon for Etrian Odyssey V. My guess is it's going to be a 3DS port of one of the first three games.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Sucks if you're into women. There aren't any of those in EO. Some of the dudes look okay though.

I hate EO's character art (especially for the actual characters, most of the NPCs are fine) and its a testament to how good everything else is in the game that makes it one of my favorite series.

Nairume

Banned

There's the one Nightseeker in EO4 that somehow slipped through the cracks.

Perhaps this announcement pertains to a patch to remove this obvious error on Atlus's part.

I hope it's a one-off mention that they're working on the next title, and then they do this for three more years with nothing to say for it besides "We're working on it."

btkadams

I don't think the Vita's lackluster sales will have anything to do with what Atlus is doing here.

not sure if you're making a joke, but i'm pretty sure he was referring to etrian oddysey 4's sales. i have no idea what they are, but that's what i took from it.

How about an Etrian Odyssey spinoff game like Dungeon Keeper where you make the dungeons to torture the oncoming adventurers?

:D

This should happen

Nairume

Banned
not sure if you're making a joke, but i'm pretty sure he was referring to etrian oddysey 4's sales. i have no idea what they are, but that's what i took from it.
I knew what he was trying to imply, but EO4 isn't the object in question that suffered/is suffering from lackluster sales. It actually did quite well.

Zeldana

Neo Member
Guild battles would be pretty cool, I'd like to see that incorporated into EOIV somehow (if that's even possible).

Even in your 2013, F.O.E.!

This is turning out to be a long running franchise with plentiful titles fairly easily. At this rate we'll have an Etrian Odyssey XX before there is a Dragon Quest XII.

DS Etrian Odyssey 2: The Royal Grail 145,421 2008-12-22
3DS Etrian Odyssey IV: Denshou no Kyojin 134,499 2012-12-24
DS Etrian Odyssey 122,461 2007-12-24

EO4 sold pretty much in line with the usual sales of the series. It seems to have a loyal fanbase.

I don't understand why people must beg for this series coming on Vita. It always sold well on Nintendo handheld device, and the last one is likely to surpass the best selling in the series. It's like saying that next Persona should be on 3DS and not on Vita.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom