• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SingStar PS3 - Official Thread: Share your drunken vorspiel videos!

Shinriji

Nice update. You Spin me Round (like a record) is a must-have, and the Amy Song Pack is pretty good as well. Hopefully, the next update will bring "I love to hate you" from erasure.

woodypop

Shinriji said:
Hopefully, the next update will bring "I love to hate you" from erasure.
As much as I like Erasure, Love To Hate You is not one of my favorites. I'd much rather see the likes of Star, Drama!, or Blue Savannah.

But still, any Erasure is welcome. =)

Tntnnbltn

Gabriella Cilmi, Mika, Snow Patrol ("Take Back The City") and Wes Carr are awesome. That is all.

Thesis due in 3 hours. Faaaaark

Did anyone else's SingStar: Take That disc get delayed by CDWow?

Hopefully it won't be too long a delay, it's one of the biggest releases of my Fall.

agm2502

Hey – next updates are planned for 26/11 and 17/12. You’ll just have to wait and see…

Looks like they'll only be one update in December. Hopefully it'll be a big one with some more christmas songs.

Edit:

Posted on 9 November, 2009 at 7:52 pm by Swede_78

Great update as usual!

The thing I miss most on the singstore however is Michael Jackson. We have “Billie Jean” on singstar vol. 3 and “I want you back” with Jackson 5 on the singstore but other than that it’s kinda empty in that department.

Will more songs with Michael Jackson be added in the near future or will there be a “Singstar Michael Jackson” disc?

Posted on 10 November, 2009 at 11:26 am by Nina Scherer

Maybe next month….???

Hmm Michael Jackson songs next month?!? probably just ABC on the singstore.

gcubed

lupinko said:
Probably not, same goes for London Studio not doing anything with Hollywood Records for NA. Not to mention the lack of new SME content as well.

Can't complain tho, the rest of the content is great (PAL stores).

i guess i just need to bite the bullet and get some money in a EU account

Toki767

Yeah, the US store updated. 10 songs. :lol

On the bright side, at least Ace of Base and Dead or Alive made it.

Coldplay too, which I would be more excited about if they'd just release Viva La Vida already. That album art taunts me. :lol

lupinko

I can post on the EU Blog right with my PSN account?

I don't know what I have to do to get more Delta and Sara on SingStore. >:|

agm2502

SingStar software update 4.2 issues
Today at 11:47
Hi everyone,

We just wanted to update you all on the current issues we know some of you are finding with SingStar at the moment.

First of all, we are really sorry to hear about the problems after our software update (4.2). We are grateful to you for alerting us to these problems and we're aware that several serious bugs seemed to have slipped through our normally rigorous QA testing.
These bugs included:
- SingStore songs being deleted from the hard drive
- Game crashing in the middle of a song
- Media file corruption

As soon as we were aware of these issues, the SingStar development team came together and have been working flat out to fix these issues and get a patch out as soon as possible.

Due to the severity of these bugs there was a very real possibility of a “quick fix” actually making these problems worse and that is why we have opted instead for a very thorough development and Quality Assurance (QA) test process to ensure that the problems that you are experiencing are resolved.

(Here comes the techy bit...)
The bugs have now been fixed and SingStar v4.30 is currently with our First Party QA (FPQA). The patch should pass by the end of this week. Once passed the patch will be sent to our Format QA teams (FQA) in Europe and America for final sign off which takes approximately 10 working days. After FQA approval is given the patch will be uploaded to the servers, this will take a day or two, and will then be ready for you to download. This gives us a target release date of the 1st of December (but, as always there could be a delay of a few days if FQA find any issues).

With regards to deleted songs some users are experiencing a reoccurrence of this bug preventing them from re-downloading their content.
Please rest assured that you have not lost anything. We have a receipt of everything you have bought and you will be able to safely re-download everything once SingStar v4.30 is released.

Whilst this has been a really unfortunate experience both for the team and especially for you, the positive side of this story is that the team has put in place several steps to ensure that this does not happen again, including a more vigorous QA period and, starting next year, a Closed Beta where SingStar fans will be able to experience new features before they are released.

We really are genuinely grateful to you for keeping the faith, and we would really appreciate your contribution to participate in future closed Beta sessions and feedback on these thus helping to identify any problems before the release of any future SingStar update.

We sincerely apologise for the problems you are experiencing. This has been our top priority and we have been working all hours to resolve these unfortunate issues.

We are going to get members of the team online from 12:30am this morning to answer any questions you may have about this. Please follow this link http://blog.eu.playstation.com, and please let us know your comments. We'll do our best to answer as many as we can.

Thank you once again for being patient with us,
best wishes,
The SingStar Team

Just been posted on their facebook page.

Shinriji

You Spin me Round (like a record) and Never Miss a Beat GET. Now I have more euro songs than US ones, which is sad and awesome at the same time.

And I wish that they reduced the initial loading. When I bought the game, after the command descriptions, the opening movie started. Now, billions of patches later, it takes a least 30 seconds to boot.

lupinko

I don't really know what to ask since most of my queries about game stability have been addressed.

I guess I can ask for artists I like. :lol

Shinriji

The PS blog is blocked here. If you can post the interesting stuff, I'll apreciatted it. Also, ask about the US store/Universal situation (if anyone didn't asked already).

Tntnnbltn

lupinko said:
I don't really know what to ask since most of my queries about game stability have been addressed.

I guess I can ask for artists I like. :lol
I dropped a comment requesting a way for users to submit wishlists for the SingStore, as opposed to the current system of "let's namedrop every important artist we can think of in the comments section of Nina's next SingStore update".

lupinko

I think the real matter of importance currently is SME's contributions as well as WMG support since both disappeared, the latter having vanished completely.

Tntnnbltn

lupinko said:
I think the real matter of importance currently is SME's contributions as well as WMG support since both disappeared, the latter having vanished completely.
"We are always talking to labels and we explore all options to get them on board. As you might imagine, some of our deals are quite complex so this can take time. Having said that, we have a great relationship with all labels as SingStar has been very positive for them over the years."

I laughed.

I wonder if the current licensing with SME is because of an issue with SME themselves, or because the UMG deal simply results in cheaper licensing with higher profits, thereby getting preferential treatment? Too cynical of me?

lupinko

I'm just surprised, ok not really, that SME just like stopped, we used to get a steady stream from them, nothing amazing but there were some gems like Billy Joel, and even that stopped as well. =/

Can anyone tell me where I can get the wireless mic's imported to the US from? I've looked with zero results outside of the UK Amazon site, can you order from there with a US card and ship here?

lupinko

khuezy said:
will USA get Dead or Alive you spin me right round???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If it's the one with the cover of a chick with a mohawk then I think the US got it.

Why don't you go see for yourself?

Remy

whereismyplatinum.jpg

If breaking 6,000 on a rap song - a Dizzee Rascal song, no less - is not worth a platinum trophy, nothing is.

agm2502

kassatsu said:
For the people with both Lady Gaga songs. Are they listed separately on your carousel? :(

I haven't got both but I remember hearing that they are seperated as Just Dance includes another artist.

Tntnnbltn

agm2502 said:
I haven't got both but I remember hearing that they are seperated as Just Dance includes another artist.
Yeah. It's the same for Dizzee Rascal feat. Calvin Harris - "Dance Wiv Me" and other Dizzee Rascal songs.

Tntnnbltn

Returners said:
so you can duet with Just Dance?
It's just the standard duet type thing. It doesn't have separate parts for each artist, because otherwise the person with Colby O'Donis' part would have nothing to sing for a long period of time. Instead they charted both artists together, similar to how it works for Evanescence - "Bring Me To Life".

painful fart said:
Doing the singing and rap separately, IIRC.
There's no rap in "Just Dance" :)

We already have five Paul McCartney songs, six if you count Ebony & Ivory. I bet it will just be those.

If it wasn't incredibly unlikely, I'd like to have Blackbird and Yesterday, since those won't work as Rock Band tracks. Hope of Deliverance is also decent.

Macam

Banned
Forgive me for asking a question that I'm sure has been asked before, but as a new entrant to the series, I was just curious:

1. Is there a 3rd installment landing in the US anytime soon? I noticed it's been released in the US, but not here as of yet. I can't seem to find any information as to a potential future release date or time frame.

2. It seems some people here are buying songs across regions. How does one do that and is that supported/have any trade-offs and/or problems?

Thanks!

agm2502

Macam said:
Forgive me for asking a question that I'm sure has been asked before, but as a new entrant to the series, I was just curious:

1. Is there a 3rd installment landing in the US anytime soon? I noticed it's been released in the US, but not here as of yet. I can't seem to find any information as to a potential future release date or time frame.

2. It seems some people here are buying songs across regions. How does one do that and is that supported/have any trade-offs and/or problems?

Thanks!

You need to create a EU PSN account and buy a EU PSN card, the only issue is that if your PS3 breaks then you probably won't be able to get your EU purchases re authorised for you new system.

Top Bottom