• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megaman Legends 3 axed; Capcom blames fans/goes insane, [Fans Start Support Group]

BurntPork

Banned
RE: Revelations will be moved to Vita. Capcom will announce this at TGS. Square Enix will do the same with Kingdom Hearts. Third-parties were expecting another PS2. We didn't get it, so now we're stuck with Wii-level third-party support.

M-PG71C

When it was announced, it was the greatest announcement of the decade. Now its dead. Man, I'm left with a serious sense of emptiness.

This year has been filled with not the greatest news for Nintendo platforms, damn. :(

Great, now I my most anticipated Capcom game is the eleventh version of Super Street IV, because that is very original and we all know people are dying to play more of the same fucking SHIT.

Ookami-kun said:
Why are people saying that MML games will sell tons?
No one's saying it will sell tons.

But if you're only producing games that sell tons, you will not be producing many games.

Capcom is not producing many games.

SonicMegaDrive said:
I don't think they were expecting Inafune to be no longer working there when they announced it and Mega Man Universe.
Well, it's also disconcerting to think that an entire game's development would depend so severely on one person.

I don't know what Capcom is anymore. Their thought process is mind boggling.

Seik

Banned
Thank you Capcom for failing....AGAIN.

shoot-foot.jpg

I don't know what to say...WOW, all hope is lost.

Vamphuntr said:
Just like Assassin's Creed 3DS was moved to HD platforms...

When discussing handhelds, any argument that treats Western support as analogous to Japanese support is typically not worth seriously considering.

Besides, that decision would had to have been made long before any 3DS sales figures came in, anyway.

I love and hate GAF. I sometimes see the greatest gaming forum on the net and sometimes see complete stupidity--worse than first of the month Wal-Mart shopper-stupidity.

I keep seeing people mentioning third parties pulling support, but they keep mentioning the same three games. Assassins Creed, Saints Row and this, that was never actually greenlit. (And if I recall, SR wasn't ever really a game?)

Why GAF, why are you so alarmist and stupid sometimes?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Box of Bunnies said:
Fist Stage of Grief: Denial
ShockingAlberto said:
No one's saying it will sell tons.

But if you're only producing games that sell tons, you will not be producing many games.

Capcom is not producing many games.
I just don't get it though, I mean, they already know it won't sell much due to past games.

Found this in /m/, so hilarious despite being painful

oqc5fm.jpg

I don't blame Nintendo for this btw, Capcom doesn't need even an ounce of help screwing over their customers.

What I think sucks the most is that they created an (admittedly superficial but) interesting form of community involvement on this project, and now the precedent is that this sort of thing fails miserably.

The only silver lining might be that they didn't get the satisfaction of successfully holding this game hostage with their little "paid prototype" scam.

Maybe the plan is to release it at double price next week now that they've traumatized us just to see how much money they actually get.

Colonel Mustard said:
I love and hate GAF. I sometimes see the greatest gaming forum on the net and sometimes see complete stupidity--worse than first of the month Wal-Mart shopper-stupidity.

I keep seeing people mentioning third parties pulling support, but they keep mentioning the same three games. Assassins Creed, Saints Row and this, that was never actually greenlit. (And if I recall, SR wasn't ever really a game?)

Despite whatever hyperbole you might see here in this board and the rest of the internet, the fact of the matter is that Nintendo is indeed in trouble right now and Alberto's post clearly spells out why.

I mean, I'm still playing the 3DS for the Nintendo games, but the truth is that the 3DS should have never gotten to this point in the first place. With a competitor's product fast approaching, they should already have gotten a good lead ahead. Instead, they're spending the time climbing out of a hole.

AZ Greg

Sammy Samusu said:
Great, now I my most anticipated Capcom game is the eleventh version of Super Street IV, because that is very original and we all know people are dying to play more of the same fucking SHIT.

yoshinori_ono.jpg

Capcom is competing with NoA to see who's the most inept at gauging what their fans want. They didn't even bother keeping up the pretense that they were testing the waters with a prototype, because then they would have been painted into a corner if it actually did well.

mr_chun

Colonel Mustard said:

Just because a game isn't greenlit doesn't mean it's not relevant. In fact, it's integral to the point I was making...

They didn't even begin production on the games because the titles weren't in the best interests of their fiscal forecasts. They didn't take the risks because they don't have faith in the platform, so, in essence, they pull their support for the platform. What the games are specifically doesn't matter, necessarily- the publishers are still pulling support that they had acknowledged that they were tossing around the idea of giving. Doesn't matter if the game was half-done or an idea scribbled on a napkin.

RobbieNick

This really sucks, but what if the game ended up being really sub-par? Maybe that's why it was cancelled.

_woLf said:
I officially have no fucking reason to own a 3DS.

LOZ: Ocarina of Time

2 Resident Evils

Paper Mario

Super Mario

Starfox 64

Kid Icarus

Lugi's Mansion

Mario Kart 3D

Netflix, Virtual Console

Plenty for me.

RobbieNick said:
This really sucks, but what if the game ended up being really sub-par? Maybe that's why it was cancelled.

2 Resident Evils

Paper Mario

Super Mario

Starfox 64

Kid Icarus

Lugi's Mansion

Mario Kart 3D

Netflix, Virtual Console

Plenty for me.
It's sad that you have to lump in Netflix just to make a list, and that's not even including the multiple N64 ports. Sure there are a handful of interesting new games slated, but it's not exactly a software bonanza.

Paznos

What the hell Capcom? This generation has been so disappointing with games either being canceled or not being brought over.

Foffy

Banned
GrotesqueBeauty said:
It's sad that you have to lump in Netflix just to make a list, and that's not even including the multiple N64 ports. Sure there are a handful of interesting new games slated, but it's not exactly a software bonanza.

I would be more concerned because he included Mercenaries 3D. :p

Vamphuntr

Colonel Mustard said:

To be fair it's not much thrid party pulling support as much as third party not announcing games for it. What does Capcom did for the 3DS so far? A quick port of a 360/PS3 Resident Evil Mini game. Atlus is basically doing a cheap port of Devil Survivor only to announce that the second game is on the DS. SE announced a Chocobo game we barely ever seen and KH game we only saw a tech demo of. Konami showed an amazing demo of Snake Eater 3DS only to ends up making a cheap looking PS2 port. Third Part devs said they would support the hardware only to backpedal completely.

It's not really fair to expect the same amount of software that you can find on DS right now but getting interesting announcements would be nice. It doesn't help that a lot of 3DS games right now are simply ports of HD, PS2 and N64 titles (Zelda OOT, Star Fox, Metal Gear Solid : Snake Eater, Street Fighter IV, Tales of the Abyss, Devil Survivor, RE Mercenaries). GAF was also highly critical of the PSP because its library was filled with ports.

BurntPork

Banned
RobbieNick said:

2 Resident Evils

Paper Mario

Super Mario

Starfox 64

Kid Icarus

Lugi's Mansion

Mario Kart 3D

Netflix, Virtual Console

Plenty for me.
First one sucked, second one will be cancelled.

mr_chun

BurntPork said:
First one sucked, second one will be cancelled.
The first one was loveless and incomplete... but I don't think it sucked. I'm having a lot of fun with it, at any rate. That counts for something, right? RIGHT?

Foffy said:
I would be more concerned because he included Mercenaries 3D. :p
That occurred to me as well, but I figured I had to stop parsing the list at some point. That and some people are still in their honeymoon phase with it, so why rock the boat.

BlueWord

This is just a publicity stunt to drum up support for the game, and make us all happy when they eventually announce at Comic-Con that they're going to resume development due to fan demand.

Yeah, that's it.

Vamphuntr said:
To be fair it's not much thrid party pulling support as much as third party not announcing games for it. What does Capcom did for the 3DS so far? A quick port of a 360/PS3 Resident Evil Mini game. Atlus is basically doing a cheap port of Devil Survivor only to announce that the second game is on the DS. SE announced a Chocobo game we barely ever seen and KH game we only saw a tech demo of. Konami showed an amazing demo of Snake Eater 3DS only to ends up making a cheap looking PS2 port. Third Part devs said they would support the hardware only to backpedal completely.

It's not really fair to expect the same amount of software that you can find on DS right now but getting interesting announcements would be nice. It doesn't help that a lot of 3DS games right now are simply ports of HD, PS2 and N64 titles (Zelda OOT, Star Fox, Metal Gear Solid : Snake Eater, Street Fighter IV, Tales of the Abyss, Devil Survivor, RE Mercenaries). GAF was also highly critical of the PSP because its library was filled with ports.
I don't exactly remember the first year or two for the DS being hot either. Like all things it'll take time.

I expect the same thing to happen for the first year or two for Vita.

Takao

Banned
Busaiku said:
Guys, Mega Man Online is still alive for now!

Crapcom isn't developing that game so it's probably safe
for now

Father_Brain said:
Just like FFXIII was moved to Wii and MGS4 went multiplatform.

Resident Evil 5 is coming to Xbox 360!

I'd say KH still stays exclusive.

Ravidrath

It's a shame this was canceled, but the writing was on the wall for a while...

Inafune should make a new Mega Man-like character, and hire this team to make the first game in the series.

I wish Japanese teams would stop taking this shit, and find U.S. publishers to help spin them off.

For example, I think a U.S. publisher would jump at the chance to fund a HD SotN-alike by IGA, if he were looking to do anything like that.

Beam said:
How many projects have been canned for 3DS?

I don't know if I would say cancelled since a couple weren't officially announced, but from what was expected and we're not getting anymore, I got:

Saints Row
Assassin's Creed*
MML3
Sega game delayed

It's not as bad as people are making it out to be, 3DS might still get an AC game, it's just that the game that they were thinking about making for the 3DS turned into Revelations and the rest is history.

Top Bottom