• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation thread IV: Photoshop rumors and image memes

Status
Not open for further replies.

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
if only I had a time machine -_-

I just got my Xenoblade delivered but I kinda want to play it on the uPad only
oh so much good times to come I really hope everyone copies uPad gaming :p

You know, reading so much messages like this, i'm starting to feel sad for TV's. More & More people neglect them for their smartphone & tablet screens, their laptop, and soon their gaming systems...

We'll be in a world where individual displays will kill our big black boxes in our living rooms, like it wasn't already enough that LCD technology forced them to make a drastic volume diet, and now this :'(

HylianTom

Banned
if only I had a time machine -_-

I just got my Xenoblade delivered but I kinda want to play it on the uPad only
oh so much good times to come I really hope everyone copies uPad gaming :p

I decided to bite on the Xenoblade classic controller deal, but will probably leave it wrapped-up for a rainy day where there aren't many games on the release schedule. This kind of game deserves my complete obsession for months at a time.. which really isn't possible during a Nintendo console launch year.

I would not be surprised if NSMBMii is the real deal, it's easy money, and a shoe-in for launch.

Funny how Pikmin 3 is the highlight of the announcement, and Mario is the disappointing part! lol

DcyYK.gif

Bumhead

Banned
You know, reading so much messages like this, i'm starting to feel sad for TV's. More & More people neglect them for their smartphone & tablet screens, their laptop, and soon their gaming systems...

We'll be in a world where individual displays will kill our big black boxes in our living rooms, like it wasn't already enough that LCD technology forced them to make a drastic volume diet, and now this :'(

No way.

Those screens exist so that I can survive while my wife watches hospital dramas and reality shows.

The TV is safe. Just not safe from horrible taste in programming.

Pseudo_Sam

Survives without air, food, or water
To be honest I see nobody remotely excited about the concept of NSMBMii...

I would consider myself more than remotely excited. I thought NSMBWii was the second-best multiplayer experience on the Wii. If they can replicate some of that feeling I'd be all over it.

Also, I'm not as offended by the art or music as everyone else seems to be. I actually kinda liked the music.

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
Here's hoping for something like the garden scenes from 'The Secret World of Arrietty'.

Stop with overhyped Ghibli references ! I want a "The Littles" tv series Pikmin ! DIC Entertainment 80's animated shows & Jean Chalopin FTW !

hey i like Ghibli also huh !

I would consider myself more than remotely excited. I thought NSMBWii was the second-best multiplayer experience on the Wii. If they can replicate some of that feeling I'd be all over it.

Also, I'm not as offended by the art or music as everyone else seems to be. I actually kinda liked the music.

I'm talking about the concept of the Mii's, not the art/level design or local MP. Although I think the local MP could be a lot better and more balanced. But the whole Mii concept is just stupid imo, that's pretty much the definition of a cash-in. No reason for it mechanically, aesthetically or practically other than to sell to people who love Mii's (whoever they are).

They better give me the option of putting real faces on my Mii NBA Jam-style or bust.

NateDrake

Could be the same demo only "updated". But bottomline is that a NSMB game will hit Wii U first. It is the best freaking selling Nintendo game. How could anyone doubt it.

Good point. My only concern will be it won't showcase high-end Wii U visuals & it'll lead to people bitching about that.

Good point. My only concern will be it won't showcase high-end Wii U visuals & it'll lead to people bitching about that.

The people that are going to doubt the Wii U's graphics are going to do that no matter what. You really shouldn't even expect early titles to demonstrate what the system is really capable of. Early PS3 and 360 titles look horrible compared to what's out there now.

Oddduck

New Mario Bros Mii + Pikmin 3 + Wii Sports + third party games we know about right now.

Lets pretend that was the launch.

Good, average, or bad launch?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Pikmin is good news.

That Mario news being "based on the same experience" as last year guarantees to me that it's a launch title.

test_account

XP-39C²
Apparently blocking Flash on their site causes them to cross out Miyamoto's name:

If they honestly think I'm going to unblock flash after they struck out Shiguru's name they've got another think coming.
Nothing is struck out on that website, unless they edited something after you post that picture.

EDIT: I guess maybe it is a "bug" on the website if you block Flash? :p

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
New Mario Bros Mii + Pikmin 3 + Wii Sports + third party games we know about right now.

For the general public and driving sales? Great.

For me? Meh. I'd probably be more excited about Pikmin.

Box

Well it seems we'll be stuck with NSMB rehashes for a while.

I guess once a franchise becomes that popular, you can't really put it away for a while. I guess it'll end up like Mario Kart and Pokemon.

And we'll probably never get anything like a level editor for Mario games. There's too much money in selling us more levels of the same game as it is.

I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo's DLC revolved around selling levels of NSMB on 3DS and Wii U.

Anth0ny

Pretty damn good for Pikmin alone. I'm sure NSMB will be fine, I just have higher standards for that franchise.

bahahahahahahaha

I told you guys. NSMB Mii launch title for Wii U. Shame on you for getting your hopes up. A pessimists life is the life for me!

=(

Well, what's up with the DS version, then? Very strange, indeed. I suppose we'll have to wait for E3 for clarity. I am somewhat disappointed. NSMBMii just isn't that exciting, but I'm sure they'll improve the graphics somewhat at least from last year. It would be quite embarrassing otherwise. I'd hate to see Mario go the way of Animal Crossing.

Oddduck

It speaks volumes when people aren't excited about a new Super Mario Bros game lol.

Nintendo really needs to make 2D Marios exciting again.

Plinko

Well, what's up with the DS version, then? Very strange, indeed. I suppose we'll have to wait for E3 for clarity. I am somewhat disappointed. NSMBMii just isn't that exciting, but I'm sure they'll improve the graphics somewhat at least from last year. It would be quite embarrassing otherwise. I'd hate to see Mario go the way of Animal Crossing.

Cross-compatible is my call.

Akai

What's with the people grumbling and "LOL"ing over NSMB Wii U? Did I fall into some alternate universe where NSMB Wii wasn't an incredible platformer? Does having Miis in it somehow make the concept worse? Good grief...

Linkup

Why would they change the NSMB signature look in a NSMB game? It would be great if they went for something closer to the boxart in 1080p with some heavy AA, but I really don't think they will bother.

Vidiot

I'm not really a Pikmin fan, don't care much about Wii Sports, and while I though NSMBW was great a new one wouldn't be enough to carry a launch IMO. I would most likely wait until the games I really want start hitting before picking up a Wii U. Especially after the way things went down with the 3DS.

Edit: The Star Wars poster needs Reggie and the gang photoshopped over the faces.

That just screams "meh" to me.If they announce a 3D mario for 2013, I'm definitely waiting out. They may even do a price drop next year to combat ms/sony next gen systems

Backlog + GTA V & Bioshock infinite>>>nsmb & pikimin.

Plinko

What's with the people grumbling and "LOL"ing over NSMB Wii U? Did I fall into some alternate universe where NSMB Wii wasn't an incredible platformer? Does having Miis in it somehow make the concept worse? Good grief...

I think my disappointment comes solely from the fact that a new 3D Mario would have been a fantastic vehicle to show off the system's power and Nintendo's entrance into HD.

A 2D Mario just seems...meh.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者

We know certain games exist, certain work-in-progress exist, and that certain development studios are making first-party games. But nothing of what specific titles will launch, near-launch, and be confirmed at E3.

From what Satoru Iwata has mentioned, I would bet highly there are one to two new first-party titles by random western developers. Possibilities include an FPS and a racer. Launch software does not have to be the biggest sellers, but it does do well in setting an identity for the system.

Redford

aka Cabbie
Well it seems we'll be stuck with NSMB rehashes for a while.

I guess once a franchise becomes that popular, you can't really put it away for a while. I guess it'll end up like Mario Kart and Pokemon.

And we'll probably never get anything like a level editor for Mario games. There's too much money in selling us more levels of the same game as it is.

I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo's DLC revolved around selling levels of NSMB on 3DS and Wii U.

I just don't see why it has to be the same. I love 2D Mario, but why do companies worry about "scaring off" customers - in this case the "casuals" - as if they're going to shit themselves or not recognize a Mario game, when it's just a couple stylistic changes?

That's assuming the thought even crossed their minds. They could in fact be quite happy to continue with this (IMO) creatively bankrupt offshoot.

Cross-compatible is my call.

So Nintendo are going to try and sell us the exact same game 2x over? Or they are going to create 2 completely different sets of levels? I'm having a really hard time swallowing 2 2D Mario games in one year. Surely, this is desperation if I've ever seen it. Nintendo's panic was already apparent when they released an all new 3D Mario and an all new Mario Kart so close together.

You did. It's called reality.

Akai

I think my disappointment comes solely from the fact that a new 3D Mario would have been a fantastic vehicle to show off the system's power and Nintendo's entrance into HD.

A 2D Mario just seems...meh.

There are plenty of other franchises Ninty can use visuals to impress. Mario is not going to be one of them...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom